Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #3153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
You sure you can't sim to key games? You can do it after your first season by hitting X or A to continue and it'll give you the option to select either next key game or next game. If your next game is a key game it'll just automatically continue to the game.

Not sure about the Adidas shoe, I got my Nike one at the playoffs in my first season.
i can now. Didn't work for 4 games, and then i could.
I really want my signature shoe, i'm tired of wearing rose's shoes
Old 01-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #3154
Rookie

Quote:
On mine Melo is on the Lakers with Danny Granger and Kobe and LeBron went to Utah lol.

It seems like star players join the team that you got drafted to (at least I've seen a lot of people who have had a star join the Jazz - which is the team I got drafted by).

I kinda wish I didn't ask for a trade now. The Jazz traded me to the Bulls, who traded me to the 76ers (I asked for the trade) for Tony Wroten and two draft picks even though I was like a 93 at the time lol. I kinda like playing on the 76ers, we're winning games and there's players that actually shoot threes unlike on the Bulls.

Currently playing on Superstar & 7 min. quarters. Considering playing on HoF for the first time ever but I had trouble winning games in the playoffs with the Bulls. But I think that was because they had no shooters and everyone insisted on staying on the perimeter and pump faking threes lol.

Is the leap from Superstar to Hall of Fame huge? I'll definitely give it a try for a few games but even right now the AI hits a ridiculous amounts of threes.
HoF isn't that hard. It's harder to get your A+, but i still can score 60+ in the playoffs, that's so ridicolous. And it's not like im just shooting threes. Had an average of 12 assists and 35 points in the playoffs, but only because i played with 8 min quarters after i saw how ridicolous it is when I play with 12. 2K really has to change that
Old 01-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #3155
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyacecandy
I just spent a bunch of time customizing Nikes and Jordans... went to my closet and put the shoes on, then realized my player wasn't wearing them in the game!??

Is it because I don't have a sponsor deal with Nike or Jordan? When does that come along?
Yeah you have 2 sign the shoe deal b4 you can wear their shoes in game. It should come along around the end of your season but some say that theirs happen'd during the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #3156
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
How many games in/how can you request a trade? I'm getting sick of playing for this terrible Sixers team and I want a trade. I'm around the middle of December.
Alright, nevermind. I just got the option to request a trade lol. I played two games there, lost the first against the Trail Blazers by 40 points and lost against the Nets by 4 points, even though I scored a career-high 35 points, got 9 assists, 2 steals and a block. After the game, the GM checked in with me as usual and I was finally able to request a trade. I'm gonna play this game and see if I can select my teams after. At least I know that no matter who I go to, they'll be better than the Sixers lol.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #3157
Rookie

Quote:
I kinda wish I didn't ask for a trade now. The Jazz traded me to the Bulls, who traded me to the 76ers (I asked for the trade) for Tony Wroten and two draft picks even though I was like a 93 at the time lol. I kinda like playing on the 76ers, we're winning games and there's players that actually shoot threes unlike on the Bulls.

Currently playing on Superstar & 7 min. quarters. Considering playing on HoF for the first time ever but I had trouble winning games in the playoffs with the Bulls. But I think that was because they had no shooters and everyone insisted on staying on the perimeter and pump faking threes lol.
really? Im on superstar with the bulls and were sweeping everyone, weve beaten Miami in the first 2 games by an average of 20 points in the eastern conference finals so far.

If i dish the ball to either Augustin, Butler or Rose on the perimeter they will take the 3 if theyre wide open. With the on court coach signature skill an easy 2 points is to call a play for Rose isolation, or for Boozer to post up. Noah rebounds like a demon at both ends so yeah, ive found life a lot easier with the Bulls than Atlanta who drafted me and Orlando who i got traded to initially.

The only difference is my small forward is a starter as a shooting guard. I pretty much got traded to the bulls and was immediately in the starting line-up as Deng was injured for a month. But when he came back i slotted into Shooting guard with Butler as sixth man. Pretty solid team and its nice when i get substituted for 5 or so mins to come back on to the floor with an even bigger lead than before.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #3158
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegemietian
really? Im on superstar with the bulls and were sweeping everyone, weve beaten Miami in the first 2 games by an average of 20 points in the eastern conference finals so far.

If i dish the ball to either Augustin, Butler or Rose on the perimeter they will take the 3 if theyre wide open. With the on court coach signature skill an easy 2 points is to call a play for Rose isolation, or for Boozer to post up. Noah rebounds like a demon at both ends so yeah, ive found life a lot easier with the Bulls than Atlanta who drafted me and Orlando who i got traded to initially.

The only difference is my small forward is a starter as a shooting guard. I pretty much got traded to the bulls and was immediately in the starting line-up as Deng was injured for a month. But when he came back i slotted into Shooting guard with Butler as sixth man. Pretty solid team and its nice when i get substituted for 5 or so mins to come back on to the floor with an even bigger lead than before.
if that is what the bulls play like than I really cant wait to get traded lol.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #3159
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegemietian

Butler would not shoot for me at all. He'd stay on the perimeter and pump fake regardless of how wide open he was. He occasionally shot the ball (and missed) but most of the time he wouldn't shoot. So it was pretty frustrating that players like Hinrich and Dunleavy who actually shoot the ball got around 5 minutes playing time or something like that, while Butler is a starter. Augustin wasn't on the Bulls for me, he's actually on the 76ers with me right now and comes off the bench. He would've definitely come in handy on the Bulls. Come to think of it he probably got traded for me and went to Utah.

Most of my assists came from Boozer & Noah (and maybe Deng, I forget). Rose got injured and was out until the second round of the playoffs so he missed the second half of the season. I hated passing to Rose when he's wide open for three, he literally hit one in every 10 attempts.

I think the team chemistry plays a big role, I asked for a trade from Utah in my first season so I was only with the Bulls for half a season. Then again I have bad chemistry on the 76ers and I'm not having that problem.

Last edited by Deej; 01-19-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #3160
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Alright, nevermind. I just got the option to request a trade lol. I played two games there, lost the first against the Trail Blazers by 40 points and lost against the Nets by 4 points, even though I scored a career-high 35 points, got 9 assists, 2 steals and a block. After the game, the GM checked in with me as usual and I was finally able to request a trade. I'm gonna play this game and see if I can select my teams after. At least I know that no matter who I go to, they'll be better than the Sixers lol.
I feel the same way about Philadelphia and then I went to Indiana afterwards lol.
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAA: Washington St Cougars

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »