Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #3177
Zab
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Anyone else getting bored of this?

It's too easy

I'm in the second round of the playoffs and i haven't played in 3 days, i'm tired of scoring 50 every game, doesn't matter what difficulty.

I wish there was a difficulty that actually made it hard on your player, not just make the computer unstoppable and make your teammates have the basketball IQ of monkeys
I recently started a new Online career (wanted to see what was missing from my Offline file) after winning the championships my first season on an Offline save, going from a righty 6'4 All-Around PG to a lefty 6'6 Slashing SG. Simply changing to Simulation and Real Player % upped the difficulty a good amount for me mainly because I miss a lot more. How do you guys drop that many points? I try to play smart, frequently taking good shots, but I just miss so many of them. Granted, I'm not starting yet and I tend to score in the low-to-mid 20s, performing better overall than I was at this point in my other career, with "stricter" mechanics, so maybe it's just the learning curve.

On a side note, I've been doing practically everything opposite from my PG, resulting in a team chemistry in the 20s on the Wolves. It's kinda funny that you basically have to be a b*tch to be considered a good teammate. I also got the "you didn't step it up when presented with the opportunity" speech from coach after a career-high game against Miami where we lost by 1 on a shot right under the basket by LeBron over Corey Brewer, who literally watched him put the shot over his dumb head without so much as lifting an arm to contest. Of course I chose "This wasn't my fault" as an answer, to which coach gave a completely nonsensical retort. Demanded a trade at the next GM meeting, even though I generally like the Minne squad.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #3178
Just started!

OVR: 0

Alright I'm on my 4th season now and I haven't been offered a contract extension or contracts by other team it just simmed off season since when a rookie contract last 4 seasons ?
Old 01-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #3179
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Anyone else getting bored of this?

It's too easy

I'm in the second round of the playoffs and i haven't played in 3 days, i'm tired of scoring 50 every game, doesn't matter what difficulty.

I wish there was a difficulty that actually made it hard on your player, not just make the computer unstoppable and make your teammates have the basketball IQ of monkeys
After I finished my first season, I've barely touched the mode.

It's just too easy to score. You can pretty much do whatever you want on the offensive end.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #3180
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I really hope they patch in a way to at least ask to get subbed out again. I don't want to play over 40min a game. please patch that in, I have to stop playing because it just takes too long for me to complete games.

I just realized I forgot to ask anyone if there is a way to view advanced stats in NG? I see it brought up in the broadcast, but nowhere to see it in menus
Old 01-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #3181
Just started!

Does anyone have tips on becoming a starter in MyCareer?

I must have a bug in the game because I have tried everything. Playing as a SF. In Year 2, simulated a lot of the 2nd year, Averaging 25 5 5, top 5 scoring in the league and still cannot become a starter? Ive tried asking continuously for more minutes etc. I get the stupid screen where the coach says he is upping my minutes even though I'm at 28/Sixth Man - still no starts. And by now I'm 83 overall.

Will this go away if I switch teams via free agency/ trade?

Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #3182
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoblues89
Does anyone have tips on becoming a starter in MyCareer?

I must have a bug in the game because I have tried everything. Playing as a SF. In Year 2, simulated a lot of the 2nd year, Averaging 25 5 5, top 5 scoring in the league and still cannot become a starter? Ive tried asking continuously for more minutes etc. I get the stupid screen where the coach says he is upping my minutes even though I'm at 28/Sixth Man - still no starts. And by now I'm 83 overall.

Will this go away if I switch teams via free agency/ trade?

Any suggestions?
What's your relationship % on the GM/Team?
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAA: Washington St Cougars
Old 01-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #3183
Just started!

Team Chemistry 84%

GM Relationship 100%
Old 01-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #3184
Pro

Hey all. I uploaded my first My Career let's play video if you want to check it out. Definitely looking for some feedback and it might even help a few that have trouble playing on HOF.

More to come and I'm interested to hear what you think.

Thanks.

http://youtu.be/pYPmd0QEAv0

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »