Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantheplague
i didn't get the option until the end of december. then they traded me to a team that i didn't pick - sacramento. the 76ers were just rough to play with. at least the kings have cousins.

'bout to make a 2nd trade request because, ffs.
I would advise that you're aware of the teams that are highly interested in you. There's a section on one of the MyCareer tabs that shows how your agent is always tracking others teams interest in acquiring you. And also right after u request a trade, the screen pops up. If u request to be traded to a team that really wants u, it's almost guaranteed that deal will happen. I was drafted by the Kings but really wanted to go to Brooklyn. When I first was given the chance to request a trade, I did. But it showed Brooklyn wasn't interested in me much at all. So when the GM came to me again and asked if I was sure I wanted to leave, I opted to stay. Later on I saw their interest in me suddenly shot up after a few more games with Sacremento and steady increase in my production. So I requested the trade again and confirmed it and made them an option along with 2 other teams that were highly interested according to the graph and a couple of games later my trade was granted to Brooklyn
Old 11-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared
I am currently the 6th man for the kings. I'm a 6'7 SG. I love playing with them. Cousins has actually been the one helping me. Can't wait to get off work and go play. This is the first game since I've been a kid that I dream about playing all day and never get tired of it.
I thought it was funny when Cousins took me under his wing. He gives all this helpful advise, but he keeps that mean mug on his face the whole time lol. Also he helped me work on my free throws ( made me make 50 without missing 2 in a row after I missed 2 in a row one game) yet he was pretty bad from the line himself and missed 2 freebies in a row all the time.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #315
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
I thought it was funny when Cousins took me under his wing. He gives all this helpful advise, but he keeps that mean mug on his face the whole time lol. Also he helped me work on my free throws ( made me make 50 without missing 2 in a row after I missed 2 in a row one game) yet he was pretty bad from the line himself and missed 2 freebies in a row all the time.
Haha man I actually had to do the free throws as well last night. I was thinking bro you're the one that couldn't hit a broad side of a barn. I'm loving this mode though. I don't find it cheesy in the least (with the exception of cousins mean mug) honestly I haven't even messed with MyGM or MYTEAM yet and don't plan on it anytime soon. They were right when they said the mycareer this year could be a game within itself. Then there's the park. Couldn't get a game in until this morning and man it's so much fun. It's truly like being at a park.

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #316
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
I would advise that you're aware of the teams that are highly interested in you. There's a section on one of the MyCareer tabs that shows how your agent is always tracking others teams interest in acquiring you. And also right after u request a trade, the screen pops up. If u request to be traded to a team that really wants u, it's almost guaranteed that deal will happen. I was drafted by the Kings but really wanted to go to Brooklyn. When I first was given the chance to request a trade, I did. But it showed Brooklyn wasn't interested in me much at all. So when the GM came to me again and asked if I was sure I wanted to leave, I opted to stay. Later on I saw their interest in me suddenly shot up after a few more games with Sacremento and steady increase in my production. So I requested the trade again and confirmed it and made them an option along with 2 other teams that were highly interested according to the graph and a couple of games later my trade was granted to Brooklyn
lol yeah, i know. it's impossible to miss it. i selected 3 teams that wanted me and i got sent somewhere else.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #317
Rookie

Jus got signed to nike 14 games left in the season.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #318
Rookie

Abyone figure out how to change jersey # yet?
Old 11-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #319
Rookie

I played terrible in the showcase (haven't played since 2k13 cg, getting used to controls) and got drafted 15 by the Jazz (I'm a white guy, so this didn't surprise me lol). We're playing terrible (7-17) and I'm the sixth man right now putting up 14/4/3 on 40/30/80. Trey Burke chucks every shot opportunity he has and misses a lot of shots and Hayward is way too passive for my liking. But I love working the P&R and/or dumping it down low to Kanter/Favors. I'm going to stick it out with these team and see if we can't make some improvements. When I get a bigger role, I'll probably ask my GM to ship out Hayward and/or Burke to get some players that better fit my style (Slashing 2 guard btw, ala Wade)
Old 11-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #320
MVP

Anybody get the scene where your player gets in a fight with his teammate at practice during scrimmage? I went to close out on a 3 by jefferson and i was late and then the game stop and it showed a scene where my guy like knocks jefferson down and was like "yeah that's right youngin!". Who wrote this script, why would my guy do that? And who says "youngin" still? lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »