Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #3193
MVP

og236's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Try just tapping X or A. The game is not frozen there is just a missing dialogue box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should I just keep clicking X? :/ I got so frustrated Lol but I'll try that, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: Nevermind, it worked clicking it once! Thanks

Last edited by og236; 01-20-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #3194
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Playing on Superstar difficulty with Simulation sliders, I'm not experiencing the high scoring that a lot of you guys seem to have. Most of my games finish in the 90s or so, with realistic shooting percentages. I'm playing with 12-minute quarters as well, so... yeah.

Since my last post, my Bucks have gotten it going a little bit. It seems like every game has been a nailbiter, and we've gone 6-4 in our last 10. I got the "you're about to be a starter" cutscene in late December, and my first start was January 7 at home against Golden State. I put up a 26-9-14 as I tried to drag the team back from a 17-point deficit. We eventually cut the lead back to four, but three turnovers in a row put us back down by 11, and we couldn't recover. Stephen Curry hit a STEPBACK 30-FOOTER as the shot clock expired to put the final nail in the coffin. We ended up losing 115-109, dropping us to 13-21 on the season.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:20 AM   #3195
Pro

Played the first half of a frustrating season on HOF sim, switched to superstar sim after the all star break..

Here are my regular season awards. About to start the first round of the playoffs with my first place pistons, 3 games ahead of the heat.. And with Drummond sitting on the reserves for no apparent reason. Kind of pissed I didn't get the MVP in the all star game.

But nba 1st all team and defense? Plus MVP and scoring title.. Roy of course.. Not bad for a first year player on a team who didn't dream of such success.. Steve Kerr and company keep bringing that up when they are commentating too. A "Cinderella story" lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (312.5 KB, 114 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 01:10 AM   #3196
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

How do you change or set the game minutes in MyCareer? I've looked everywhere! It always defaults to 6 minute quarters. I want 12.

Main menu? Nope. In the section within the mode where you can access the settings before the Rookie Showcase? Difficulty? Yes. Game minutes? No. Unless I'm blind.

Where the heck is it? I've looked everywhere imaginable. Man, these menus are terrible.

Can anyone help me?
Old 01-21-2014, 01:20 AM   #3197
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainomac
Here's some key things to grab from it:
-You have a fairly good voice and a bit clear but a little bit more projection couldn't hurt
-Try to edit and cut down the video length into more so medium-main plays made by you and the CPU (a one sided video isn't very interesting)
-Commentary was pretty good but try to keep it flowing if possible but otherwise quite good
-Playing the game live and commentating is a good move by you (Channels like commentators such as AntoDaBoss who has commentary put in after editing isn't a favourite of mine, especially his attempts to pretend he doesn't know whether the final shot is going to go in lol)
-Nice and clear display and view.

Overall not had for a first try, just keep some of these in mine.

Subbed!
Wow thanks for the feedback man. Honestly, wasn't expecting that much positivity. Probably a bit over critical of myself but I do love to talk lol so I thought this would be a fun project.

Yeah, some things you mentioned I was already catching on to such as being more lively. I think I need to loosen up a bit since I am much better when the mic isn't on lol. Almost like I act like there is someone watching and I forget it can edit out something I say that is corny or just dumb haha.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Exactly what I was looking for.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:24 AM   #3198
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
How do you change or set the game minutes in MyCareer? I've looked everywhere! It always defaults to 6 minute quarters. I want 12.

Main menu? Nope. In the section within the mode where you can access the settings before the Rookie Showcase? Difficulty? Yes. Game minutes? No. Unless I'm blind.

Where the heck is it? I've looked everywhere imaginable. Man, these menus are terrible.

Can anyone help me?
In the settings menu, where you found the difficulty setting, press L2 or R2 to switch pages.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:40 AM   #3199
Just started!

I play on hall of fame and most of my games are nail biters I'm on 4th season we won the championship 3 times but each finals did reach game 7 only winning by 3 sometimes 1 in ot. I'm a 6'10 power foward OVR 99. HOF can have lots of cheese but if I play it anything under HOF it'll
Be too easy. My FG% for my rookie season was 75% you just gotta take smart shots. Also if y'all say y'all not scoring a lot and your not a starter that is the exact reason why you not being a starter really gives you a lot more shots then you think . On a 91% FG I scored 103. This game is alittle too easy after you reach 99
Old 01-21-2014, 02:03 AM   #3200
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vstrypherv
I play on hall of fame and most of my games are nail biters I'm on 4th season we won the championship 3 times but each finals did reach game 7 only winning by 3 sometimes 1 in ot. I'm a 6'10 power foward OVR 99. HOF can have lots of cheese but if I play it anything under HOF it'll
Be too easy. My FG% for my rookie season was 75% you just gotta take smart shots. Also if y'all say y'all not scoring a lot and your not a starter that is the exact reason why you not being a starter really gives you a lot more shots then you think . On a 91% FG I scored 103. This game is alittle too easy after you reach 99
People are saying its too easy to score...not hard at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »