Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-25-2014, 04:15 PM   #3313
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

How do u edit shoes... Colorways? Im signed with nike
Old 01-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #3314
Rookie

OVR: 3

Anybody else's accessories not applying the attribute boosts?
Old 01-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #3315
Pro

How does player movement feel in the game. I'm expecting it to better than current gen but does it still feel like a hassle trying to move off ball with suction or players moving entirely to slow even if they faster than their opponent who is guarding them.

How about rebounding can you actually fight for the board by spinning off in any direction when you engage in post. or does it only allow you to go in one direction like current gen.

Does smaller players still push around bigger players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #3316
Rookie

Is it just me or does the game become harder and more scripted the more you improve your players attributes in my career? I started off in the low 80's as a PG and the game felt pretty easy, I'm only on pro in order to get into the team quicker but now I'm up to a 93 overall and suddenly the game is stupidly hard. I get blocked in the paint for fun when I used to be able to dunk over anyone and get contact layups where now my layups are missing. Every PG I guard is ridiculously OP and is almost impossible to guard as they just drive into the paint like you're not there even though my speed and quickness and on ball defence is all maxed out. And yes that is when I'm backing off them yet they still manage to blow by me and then I get penalised for allowing man to score.

I had Jordan Farmar of all people earlier playing like he was MJ against me as he blew past me for fun and hit J's in my face like it was nobodys business, they had Kobe on the floor yet they kept going to Farmar everytime I got a bucket the scripted cpu would make Farmar into jesus and just score right back on me, because that's so realistic. Kobe didn't get a look in. Realistic.

Thats something else I don't understand, why is it when you score the PG you're guarding always has to try and go right back at you no matter how crappy they are in real life? I understand when it's CP3, Rose, Westbrook etc but Farmar!? Trey Burke (yeah he's talented but he's still a rook) was hitting J's in my face and just blowing past me like I wasn't there, that got me so frustrated that I started mistiming my jumpers and going for silly layups and we ended up losing the game.

This game makes me so angry with how stupidly scripted it is, the cpu always makes some sort of miracle comeback when it's down big (both on one player and my career) where they suddenly just cant miss from 3 no matter how well they are being guarded, and yet 2k want to tell us this game isn't scripted? Even a 5 year old could see this game is rigged, it makes me not want to bother playing it when it's so obviously scripted. Rant over, sorry for going on but I had to let that out, I hope others feel the same.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #3317
Rookie

dreamweaver7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzer86
This game makes me so angry with how stupidly scripted it is, the cpu always makes some sort of miracle comeback when it's down big (both on one player and my career) where they suddenly just cant miss from 3 no matter how well they are being guarded, and yet 2k want to tell us this game isn't scripted? Even a 5 year old could see this game is rigged, it makes me not want to bother playing it when it's so obviously scripted. Rant over, sorry for going on but I had to let that out, I hope others feel the same.
This is true of almost every sports game. There are times that the CPU decides that he's winning and there's not much you can do about it. (Madden is particularly annoying this way.) I'm also playing a MyCareer PG, though a little different from your guy (he's a 6'6" All-around PG). Like you the opposing PGs become superstars when I'm guarding them, and cool down a bit when the coach moves me to SG or SF. I've decided to stop getting annoyed by all the stupid performance penalties (I'm constantly getting Bad This and Bad That) and concentrate on playing a good all-around game. Try equipping the Defensive Anchor and Alpha Dog personality badges, they help make your teammates a little better on defense. Also try investing in some defensive signatures (I'm using Pick Pocket and Shutdown Defender), they can help as well.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #3318
Pro

I win the title and finals MVP, defeating the thunder 4-1..

Spoiler

But this was a short celebration. Shortly after you play Jackson Ellis, one on one.. For money. Easy money right? I mean, I'm rated 95 and he's 80..

I've retried this thing 4 times already all with the same cheesy result. He drives low, scores. He misses, gets his own rebound because apparently my guy is stumbling from a block attempt, and scores. I block him, he recovers instantly, scores. He plays the best defense I have ever seen in this game, granted I made him fall twice already. Just when you think you are by him, he side steps in front of you and makes me stop my dribble... Which leads to a missed or blocked shot. He gets by me so easy and he's a brick wall on defense. I'm not giving up. I never retry but I'm not letting this trash talker who can't even average double digit ppg and ranked 10th in rookie of the year votes beat me. I'm going to fight cheese with cheese

Edit: beat him lmao

Wtf.. Lebron is at my crib right now..

Last edited by Rell7thirty; 01-25-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #3319
Rookie

dreamweaver7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrode
For those who have played through the mode quite a bit, what's the most rewarding/fun position to play?

I'm currently a point guard but am not sure I really want to continue with him. I kind of feel like going with a scoring SG or scoring SF.
Probably going to be different from person to person. I've always preferred playing the point since you can control playcalling and pace. It's also the position I'm most comfortable going for triple-doubles with.

Toying with trying a prototypical stretch 4, ala Ryan Anderson but with a lot better defense. The problem with this is that being away from the basket on offense, there's less opportunity for offensive rebounds. You'd also tend to get fouled less since you're jacking up 3s rather than driving or posting up...
Old 01-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #3320
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver7
This is true of almost every sports game. There are times that the CPU decides that he's winning and there's not much you can do about it. (Madden is particularly annoying this way.) I'm also playing a MyCareer PG, though a little different from your guy (he's a 6'6" All-around PG). Like you the opposing PGs become superstars when I'm guarding them, and cool down a bit when the coach moves me to SG or SF. I've decided to stop getting annoyed by all the stupid performance penalties (I'm constantly getting Bad This and Bad That) and concentrate on playing a good all-around game. Try equipping the Defensive Anchor and Alpha Dog personality badges, they help make your teammates a little better on defense. Also try investing in some defensive signatures (I'm using Pick Pocket and Shutdown Defender), they can help as well.
Thanks for the tips bro and I agree with you that scripting is there in all sports games like you said Madden I have lost count the amount of times the cpu has gone OP to get back into the game, it just frustrates me when theres nothing you can do about it because its scripted that way, it should be your own skill level not the cpu doing what it likes and theres nothing you can do about it. Lol maybe I need to chill but thanks for the tips I will try them out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »