Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-25-2014, 09:29 PM   #3329
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzer86
Is it just me or does the game become harder and more scripted the more you improve your players attributes in my career? I started off in the low 80's as a PG and the game felt pretty easy, I'm only on pro in order to get into the team quicker but now I'm up to a 93 overall and suddenly the game is stupidly hard. I get blocked in the paint for fun when I used to be able to dunk over anyone and get contact layups where now my layups are missing. Every PG I guard is ridiculously OP and is almost impossible to guard as they just drive into the paint like you're not there even though my speed and quickness and on ball defence is all maxed out. And yes that is when I'm backing off them yet they still manage to blow by me and then I get penalised for allowing man to score.

I had Jordan Farmar of all people earlier playing like he was MJ against me as he blew past me for fun and hit J's in my face like it was nobodys business, they had Kobe on the floor yet they kept going to Farmar everytime I got a bucket the scripted cpu would make Farmar into jesus and just score right back on me, because that's so realistic. Kobe didn't get a look in. Realistic.

Thats something else I don't understand, why is it when you score the PG you're guarding always has to try and go right back at you no matter how crappy they are in real life? I understand when it's CP3, Rose, Westbrook etc but Farmar!? Trey Burke (yeah he's talented but he's still a rook) was hitting J's in my face and just blowing past me like I wasn't there, that got me so frustrated that I started mistiming my jumpers and going for silly layups and we ended up losing the game.

This game makes me so angry with how stupidly scripted it is, the cpu always makes some sort of miracle comeback when it's down big (both on one player and my career) where they suddenly just cant miss from 3 no matter how well they are being guarded, and yet 2k want to tell us this game isn't scripted? Even a 5 year old could see this game is rigged, it makes me not want to bother playing it when it's so obviously scripted. Rant over, sorry for going on but I had to let that out, I hope others feel the same.

Well I'm pretty sure as you raise your skill, you're teammates become worse and worse. However, it shouldn't be harder for your player to score or play well.

The thing you mentioned about how OP the CPU Point guard is the reason why I stopped playing PG all together. Whenever I would play PG most of the time the CPU would just drive right into me and finish a contact layup. The PGs I couldn't stand playing against were Wall and Brandon Knight. I know Wall struggles with his J so like anyone would do, I would sag off of him. Yet every time I did this he blew right by me and made a tough finish. Then Knight would annoy me because he would just drive side to side until he got to the hoop and finish. Maybe I'm just not a great defender but damn these guys pissed me off the most. Lol.

As for the scripting in the game. Yes, the game is scripted at some points(when it has to do with a cutscene, 2nd half comebacks etc.) but I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be. I really don't believe that the game decides if you win or not before the game even starts but that's how some people think it is.

And don't be sorry for the rant lol. Everyone who plays this game can agree that it's unbelievably frustrating at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #3330
Rookie

MYOwNArcHEnemY's Arena

To answer my own question and ask another at the same. Seems the best def. Is to forget about L2, LB all together and just get in the way. Then how do I stop drivers to the rim in their tracks like they do me? Still curious how to tip passes and dive for lose balls tho..
Old 01-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #3331
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYOwNArcHEnemY
Yea there is a def slider that I believe is called just that def assistance, I turned mine to zero otherwise my kid has no speed or quickness on D and always looking the wrong way, if you are familar it almost seems like auto back skate in nhl.. May want to try it at 25% tho cause atm my dude is stupid one on one and my def attributes are maxed . To me what is weird, with no assistance, then on offense my kid is a beast dunking over everyone, just seems all around faster.
Found it. Thankya. Mine was set at 50. Turned it down to 25 to see how that works.
Also, there is a "Automatic Shot Contest" switch. Manual - Intense D - Always. I had it on Intense. Turned it to manual. See how that works out.

Thanks again for the reply.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2014, 11:22 PM   #3332
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBusinessB
How do u edit shoes... Colorways? Im signed with nike
Back out of MyCareer, go to features and then select Shoes (or whatever it's called), select the brand you want and then select edit. Then you can save it and you can purchase them in the MyCareer store.

-----------

Anyway, played some online stuff for the first time in a while and the connections seem a lot better. They're still slightly annoying but it's playable. 5v5 on the park is just awful so I tried 3v3 for the first time and it's a lot of fun.

Also, is there any way to flip the 2K camera in Park mode? When you're playing on a certain side and on offence you have to look at the backboard and I hate it. Wish it would automatically flip when it switches from offence to defence.

Last edited by Deej; 01-25-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #3333
Rookie

dreamweaver7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Been Solo
I heard you cant make a jordan sig shoe right after you sign. True ?
It was a few games after I signed. Your agent (my agent is still the MyCareer player's buddy) tells you "you did it" and tells you that you get to design your own shoe.

The game then cuts to a Nike-branded shoe creator (same as the main shoe designer but red, and with some chatter from the Tinker guy) and lets you make your own shoe. I didn't see any difference vs the regular shoe designer from the main menu, except you can only pick your endorsed brand (Jordan for me).

So make your shoe, and it shows up in the store and you can grab it for free (since it's your brand).
Old 01-26-2014, 01:51 AM   #3334
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Is there a reason for the rookie showcase anymore? With my first one I know I did bad. But I just started another as a PG and dominated Ellis.

23pts, 11 assists, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block.

Ellis finished with 14pts, 6 assists, 1 rebound, 0 steals and 0 blocks.

Yet he apparently "owned me" and the stories are all about how he dominated me in the showcase. Really? My team did lose, so is only tied to the team that wins?

I was really hoping for a different cut scene.

Yet I did get selected ahead of him in the draft.

Last edited by Retropyro; 01-26-2014 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #3335
Rookie

dreamweaver7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYOwNArcHEnemY
To answer my own question and ask another at the same. Seems the best def. Is to forget about L2, LB all together and just get in the way. Then how do I stop drivers to the rim in their tracks like they do me? Still curious how to tip passes and dive for lose balls tho..
I still hang on to L2 when my guy has the ball, or I'm trying to deny a passing lane. R2L2 to shuffle quickly, but I've had a tendency to overadjust and let my man drive past me. So most of the time I just hold L2 and give some cushion vs my guy, but not far enough that he can take an uncontested jumper. Good slashers will still get by half the time. I'm maxed on def awareness and quickness, with the defensive anchor personality badge, plus the shutdown defender and pick pocket 3 signatures. I've tried the mind games and enforcer badges and they seemed to help, but no space for them now.

To tip a pass, body up on your man (L2) then hit [] when the pass is incoming. Your player should lunge and try to tip the pass if you time it right. To dive for a loose ball I think it's just [] when running after the ball but I can't seem to do it consistently (might just be me).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 02:00 AM   #3336
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Is there a reason for the rookie showcase anymore? With my first one I know I did bad. But I just started another as a PG and dominated Ellis.

23pts, 11 assists, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block.

Ellis finished with 14pts, 6 assists, 1 rebound, 0 steals and 0 blocks.

Yet he apparently "owned me" and the stories are all about how he dominated me in the showcase. Really? My team did lose, so is only tied to the team that wins?

I was really hoping for a different cut scene.
You have to have a high team grade and win sometimes i just do good stats and grade wise don't win it but i get the normal scene with ellis complaining about a track record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »