Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-26-2014, 03:57 AM   #3345
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Yeah ..get off default and go to sim to get anything realistic
I'll try that. I tried sim with Pro and it worked pretty good. Had to increase the minutes to get the right scores for both teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 04:30 AM   #3346
Just started!

OVR: 0

This may have already been asked, but does anyone know how to get drafted by the Knicks/nets?
Old 01-26-2014, 04:59 AM   #3347
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklee150
This may have already been asked, but does anyone know how to get drafted by the Knicks/nets?
You can't on NG only teams like the cavs , 76ers kings , bucks , pelicans , suns , blazers wolves.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:37 AM   #3348
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
I win the title and finals MVP, defeating the thunder 4-1..

Spoiler

But this was a short celebration. Shortly after you play Jackson Ellis, one on one.. For money. Easy money right? I mean, I'm rated 95 and he's 80..

I've retried this thing 4 times already all with the same cheesy result. He drives low, scores. He misses, gets his own rebound because apparently my guy is stumbling from a block attempt, and scores. I block him, he recovers instantly, scores. He plays the best defense I have ever seen in this game, granted I made him fall twice already. Just when you think you are by him, he side steps in front of you and makes me stop my dribble... Which leads to a missed or blocked shot. He gets by me so easy and he's a brick wall on defense. I'm not giving up. I never retry but I'm not letting this trash talker who can't even average double digit ppg and ranked 10th in rookie of the year votes beat me. I'm going to fight cheese with cheese

Edit: beat him lmao

Wtf.. Lebron is at my crib right now..
Ha I averaged 50 some points per game and still lost to the Thunder 4-1 in the first round cuz my teammates couldn't defend a girls jv squad. Lawson had no chance against westbrook's floater. Automatic unless I managed to get over and block it.

Funny you had so much trouble with Ellis in the one on one though. I smoked him. Pretty much his only move was to back me down and usually miss a contested turnaround. I think I was up 10-zip before he scored.

The Lebron thing is probably a result of winning the ship. I didn't get a Lebron scene.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:39 AM   #3349
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
Ha I averaged 50 some points per game and still lost to the Thunder 4-1 in the first round cuz my teammates couldn't defend a girls jv squad. Lawson had no chance against westbrook's floater. Automatic unless I managed to get over and block it.

Funny you had so much trouble with Ellis in the one on one though. I smoked him. Pretty much his only move was to back me down and usually miss a contested turnaround. I think I was up 10-zip before he scored.

The Lebron thing is probably a result of winning the ship. I didn't get a Lebron scene.
lol idk I play on superstar, he was bustin moves at first until I caught on.

My team started doing better midway down the season when I had more local fans and badges. And I play pg, so I defended the super elusive Westbrook.. He pissed me off but we won the first two home games, first on the road and lost on their floor in OT.. Which shouldn't have been an OT, I just brought my team back from 8 with 1:30 left in the fourth in OKC home court.. And with a 3 point lead with no time left in the game, I'm in Westbrooks grill, he wants to take that 3, then he passes it to Lamb, where Stucky decides to let him shoot without defending him.. Of course he hits the 3 at the buzzer.

Anyway, lebron said do whatever it takes to get on his team.. The next cut scene was the gm meeting.. I asked for a trade but I don't think that was the right move.. I'm literally not on any teams interest list, red zone in all..

I think I was supposed to say "don't get along with teammate"
But to be honest, I build this team up.. Won the chip.. Won almost every possible award lol.. My team is finally doing better.. The only thing I hate is the dumb coach.

We have Drummond in the reserve list... For no reason! We traded to get Varejao and now instead of putting someone on the bench, he moves them to the reserve list.. Wtf the guy is a beast on the boards, I wouldn't mind him starting with varejao and having Monroe come off the bench.. Wish I had some say in the rotation
Old 01-26-2014, 07:37 AM   #3350
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

When i thought the 76ers were the worst team clearly playing with the Wolves is they freaking suck so badly i couldn't even do much because of the constant double teams when i pass its a brick
Old 01-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #3351
Rookie

tylorlenart's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
When i thought the 76ers were the worst team clearly playing with the Wolves is they freaking suck so badly i couldn't even do much because of the constant double teams when i pass its a brick
Are there any new cut scenes after year one? How many big time endorsements opportunities are there.

Nike
Jordan
Adidas
Sprite
Sprint
Gatorade
Kia

is that it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #3352
Rookie

...Champs Sports..., 2k cover. Hahahhaahahahahah

I've noticed nothing new, just the key game skip.

Last edited by MasterTMar; 01-26-2014 at 11:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »