Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #3353
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Wish I had some say in the rotation
YES! Specially if you're the star of the team or #1. Its not that "whatever your wish is my command" thingy....at least we can make suggestion to either the coach or GM. Since this might require some scripts, 2k could include this in 2k15.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #3354
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
Ha I averaged 50 some points per game and still lost to the Thunder 4-1 in the first round cuz my teammates couldn't defend a girls jv squad. Lawson had no chance against westbrook's floater. Automatic unless I managed to get over and block it.

Funny you had so much trouble with Ellis in the one on one though. I smoked him. Pretty much his only move was to back me down and usually miss a contested turnaround. I think I was up 10-zip before he scored.

The Lebron thing is probably a result of winning the ship. I didn't get a Lebron scene.
I had a bit of trouble with Jackson in the one on one too, But it was because once I missed I really couldn't stick him as well as I could in a game setting. The cpu will just dribble until it gets you offset and drive pass you. Its hard to stop that formula I beat him 21 - 16.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:22 PM   #3355
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylorlenart
Are there any new cut scenes after year one? How many big time endorsements opportunities are there.

Nike
Jordan
Adidas
Sprite
Sprint
Gatorade
Kia

is that it?
Only new thing I've had is another one of those back of limo endorsement offers, this time for a movie. I had a look online and someone said they got 9,000 VC for it but I got a cutscene saying I've lost my money. I think that's because I said no to the first drink deal (even though there's really no reason not to say yes since you don't lose any VC or anything).

Kinda disappointing tbh, I was really hoping for more endorsements as your career progresses. But who knows, maybe there is more once you hit certain milestones or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #3356
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
How many per quarter mins are you on and are you on default or simulation?

I'm on 12 mins quarters (I rage quit in the middle of 3rd lol) and simulation. I do play on superstar so I guess I should expect some cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #3357
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchiggs
I just played the Cavs w/out Irving. Maannn these dudes didn't miss anything all game. Jared Jack with the automatic floater 5 times straight. And my team actually played great! they just rained every three they took except 2 that I personally defended. Game needs a Slider adjustment badly.

Same thing happened when I played them. No Irving, no problem. Gee, miles, and jack lit me up. Omg and these floaters! Everyone can do floaters from the ft line and rarely miss. I would like some sliders lol.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #3358
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Well I'm pretty sure as you raise your skill, you're teammates become worse and worse. However, it shouldn't be harder for your player to score or play well.

The thing you mentioned about how OP the CPU Point guard is the reason why I stopped playing PG all together. Whenever I would play PG most of the time the CPU would just drive right into me and finish a contact layup. The PGs I couldn't stand playing against were Wall and Brandon Knight. I know Wall struggles with his J so like anyone would do, I would sag off of him. Yet every time I did this he blew right by me and made a tough finish. Then Knight would annoy me because he would just drive side to side until he got to the hoop and finish. Maybe I'm just not a great defender but damn these guys pissed me off the most. Lol.

As for the scripting in the game. Yes, the game is scripted at some points(when it has to do with a cutscene, 2nd half comebacks etc.) but I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be. I really don't believe that the game decides if you win or not before the game even starts but that's how some people think it is.

And don't be sorry for the rant lol. Everyone who plays this game can agree that it's unbelievably frustrating at times.

Yeah I mean i'm not saying im a great defender i'm still learning and I can understand PGs like CP3, Rose, Parker, Westbrook, D Will etc being great and hard to stop as thats realistic but when Farmar starts ballin out of his mind and playing like hes MJ thats when I get frustrated lol. Funny thing is I managed to more or less shut Paul down when we played the Clippers then next game Lakers come along and I get burned by Farmar. I agree about the scripting part, I dont believe it decides the result before the game but there are elements of scripting during the game based on how well you and the team are playing as in that Lakers match I was also scoring at will but he would just come right back at me and score. I must be a sucker for punishment as no matter how frustrated I get I just keep coming back for more, after all the gripes this is still by far the best sports game i've ever played.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #3359
Rookie

tylorlenart's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Only new thing I've had is another one of those back of limo endorsement offers, this time for a movie. I had a look online and someone said they got 9,000 VC for it but I got a cutscene saying I've lost my money. I think that's because I said no to the first drink deal (even though there's really no reason not to say yes since you don't lose any VC or anything).

Kinda disappointing tbh, I was really hoping for more endorsements as your career progresses. But who knows, maybe there is more once you hit certain milestones or something.
Yeah it is dissapointing. im still in my first season. I restarted like 3 times bc i didn't like the position i chose. I really like Athletic SF. I just met with trhe Super Agent in the back of the limo. I'm sticking with the friend agent though. JW should i go with Gatorade and Sprite or should i do the done deals in Kia and Sprint? Is Sprite and Gatorade guaranteed you just have to wait a little bit longer or is there some goal you have to meet to sign with them?
Old 01-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #3360
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzer86
Yeah I mean i'm not saying im a great defender i'm still learning and I can understand PGs like CP3, Rose, Parker, Westbrook, D Will etc being great and hard to stop as thats realistic but when Farmar starts ballin out of his mind and playing like hes MJ thats when I get frustrated lol. Funny thing is I managed to more or less shut Paul down when we played the Clippers then next game Lakers come along and I get burned by Farmar. I agree about the scripting part, I dont believe it decides the result before the game but there are elements of scripting during the game based on how well you and the team are playing as in that Lakers match I was also scoring at will but he would just come right back at me and score. I must be a sucker for punishment as no matter how frustrated I get I just keep coming back for more, after all the gripes this is still by far the best sports game i've ever played.
Just keep your guy in front of you and use L2 and right stick....you can shut em down but it i tough. If you keep struggling i'd suggest lock down defender andmax out on ball defense and defensive awareness. The last one helps a lot don't overlook it.

What are your stats? Im glad opposing pg's still give me trouble actually otherwise it would become boring fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »