Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-28-2014, 04:38 AM   #3401
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
Wow that's hilarious. That first one where he just leaves you hanging is crazy. I've never seen that before. Is this an actual thing in the game? Will you have teammates straight up not like you? I'm gonna have to watch my free throws closer.
There were mentions about "superstar" will not high-five you or not pass you the ball if you say no to side kick. I used sir duke's method to get to the rockets so I had to say no to the sidekick, may be it carried over to my new team. However he passes me the ball when he is in the post right under the basket for awesome dunks. so idk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 04:41 AM   #3402
Rookie

claustin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by toragzfrom
There were mentions about "superstar" will not high-five you or not pass you the ball if you say no to side kick. I used sir duke's method to get to the rockets so I had to say no to the sidekick, may be it carried over to my new team. However he passes me the ball when he is in the post right under the basket for awesome dunks. so idk
That's interesting. I said yes to the sidekick thing, but at the time I was unaware of the trade technique to get to your desired team, and simply demanded a trade and was traded to the Nuggets, then at the start of my 2nd season I just did the "demand best player be traded" thing and was successfully traded to the Bulls. I'll have to watch and see if any of my teammates are trying to punk me.

I just watched them again and that 2nd one is hilarious. Your guy gives him the point and just kind of looks at him for a second before backing up to he line, then looks at him and gives a little head shake like "whatever dude." That's awesome.

Last edited by claustin; 01-28-2014 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:47 AM   #3403
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toragzfrom
That's exactly what happens. When I declined the sidekick role in NOLA, my character started waving off Jrue during free throws, and vice versa. Once traded to the Lakers, I got what you have, and Kobe just leaves me hanging. Kobe passes the ball when I'm open, but never when I call for it.

I'm up to 41 mins per game now, and playing 10 min quarters, I'm never subbed out. Ever. I play start to finish. Incredibly annoying.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #3404
Rookie

claustin's Arena

I've gotta say, three games into playing for the Bulls and it's like I'm playing a different game. It's a revelation having teammates that aren't just standing around waiting for you to do something. Rose will drive and I'll move over to where he was a bit and when my guy sags down to help he'll actually kick it to me for an open 3. That NEVER happened on the Blazers or Nuggets. It's really fun.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #3405
Rookie

Just started a career. I never use this mode always played association,( my GM) . I got taken as 19th pick by Cleveland.I never had the cut screen where you sign with them

Currently 8-4, wanting to bring winning basketball back to Cleveland!

Had my best outing so far 37 pts 6 assists 3 steals 3 Rebs 2 blocks vs Washington

I'm averaging 13 pts ppg 4 assists and 2 rebounds a game.

It's funny Irving seems to be on the bench when it comes down to the wire, I'm seeing minutes continually go up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #3406
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
I've gotta say, three games into playing for the Bulls and it's like I'm playing a different game. It's a revelation having teammates that aren't just standing around waiting for you to do something. Rose will drive and I'll move over to where he was a bit and when my guy sags down to help he'll actually kick it to me for an open 3. That NEVER happened on the Blazers or Nuggets. It's really fun.
Playing for the Bulls makes the game 10x more fun than any other crappy team. I got drafted by Atlanta and it was quite frustrating watching teammates **** everything up. Ive been with Chicago since just before the All-star break. I love it when i miss a shot and Noah grabs the offensive board and then puts it back for 2. Using the on court coach signature skill is great too. Give Rose the isolation and he will just break someones ankles and drive to the hoop. Boozer hits most of his shots when you ask him to post up. Its just a lot more fun when youre not having to hold your team up every single game. During the playoffs Rose went down with the flu and missed a couple of games. Boozer gets on fire and has 26 before 3 qtr time.

TLDR: Bulls are awesome.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #3407
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegemietian
Playing for the Bulls makes the game 10x more fun than any other crappy team. I got drafted by Atlanta and it was quite frustrating watching teammates **** everything up. Ive been with Chicago since just before the All-star break. I love it when i miss a shot and Noah grabs the offensive board and then puts it back for 2. Using the on court coach signature skill is great too. Give Rose the isolation and he will just break someones ankles and drive to the hoop. Boozer hits most of his shots when you ask him to post up. Its just a lot more fun when youre not having to hold your team up every single game. During the playoffs Rose went down with the flu and missed a couple of games. Boozer gets on fire and has 26 before 3 qtr time.

TLDR: Bulls are awesome.
Man I need to get on the Bulls. The Lakers are absolutely atrocious, aside from Kobe who'll atleast play aggressive on offense. We just can't win unless I do pretty much all the scoring, and since they've got me playing the 3 (I'm a PF) we're constantly losing the rebound battle.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #3408
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Should i try PF or C?

i made a SF again went to the bobcats off the bench in 8 min quarters ( i did it to get past the 1st month quick) i usually play 12 mins...anyway i easily get 30-40 points with 5 assists 5 rebounds or more in a short time

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »