Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #3425
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

i know the new agent gets you adidas immediately and nike or jordan 2nd season. but are there any other deals he gets you. i started new career because my last one wasn't gold vc and i had already gone to the 2nd season before i found out the free shoes weren't coming. i thought i could get over it. but those 2k generic shoes look like colored poop. if you know what other deals you get that would help. the friend agent just doesnt get the deals like he says he does. i also want to know if the free agent glitch has been fixed. does anyone know about that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 11:47 PM   #3426
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Man I need to get on the Bulls. The Lakers are absolutely atrocious, aside from Kobe who'll atleast play aggressive on offense. We just can't win unless I do pretty much all the scoring, and since they've got me playing the 3 (I'm a PF) we're constantly losing the rebound battle.
Iíve been getting better at rebounding lately, and my def rebound is capped at like 50 as a scoring SG. Just sag off your guy when possible and crash. I generally grab around 6 a game at 6í5Ē.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Something is missing here. Since patch #3, Im subbed 1x between 3-4th qtr. Before I play the whole 2 qtrs without being subbed.

Although most of my rests are in the 1st half. Getting subbed with less than 4 mins in 1st and then subbed again less than 3 mins of the 2nd. Or less than 2 mins in 1st and then return with 7-8 mins rem. of 2nd.

I would like ot have a longer rest in the 3rd, usually i get only less than 2 mins rest. But i guess i need to be content on this.

Just make sure that your PF or C is less than 7 feet tall...or else you'll be disappointed.
This is a pretty glaring deficiency that needs to be addressed. Nobody should be playing that much of the game. At most you should average like 36 minutes. Although Iím on the Bulls and Thibs actually plays his guys a lot in real life so itís kind of inadvertently realistic for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Try a different ft animation. I've used the same one since 2k11 and it has been good for me. It's number 18(formerly known as hund)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MJís free throw (and everything else) is awesome.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:07 AM   #3427
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Nation
Did anyone use the trade method to your favorite team and land with the Heat?
I just tried this method and it worked for me as I just got traded to the Miami Heat. Also I did not have to say no to the side kick role as when that cutscene came it was L. James and I knew I was traded to the Heat and then I got the GM telling me I was traded after and then a new cutscene with L. James nice.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:13 AM   #3428
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriend3
6'7 athletic SG for the 76ers averaging 45 ppg 12.3 reb and 19.5 assists (HOF difficulty, 2nd season)

We won the championship my first year against OKC and scooped up Carmelo in the offseason. Noel has also gotten significantly better (MCW's progression was marginal, developed a little midrange at least...) and we've formed our own big three with some pretty solid players (Evan Turner, Michael Beasley, Jordan Crawford) coming off the bench.

I'm about thirty something games into my second season, are there any more cutscenes? It was annoying to have them constantly the first season without the possibility of skipping, kinda miss them now though. Also does your team usually pick up your option or no?

Wow I really hope I get something like this on mine. I'm also a SG in my first season on the 76ers which kinda sucks right now tbh. There's no shooters so i hope we can add some good players in the offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2014, 01:15 AM   #3429
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
LeBron always goes to Orlando for some reason
Lol he always goes to lakers

these_handz ... ps4
Old 01-29-2014, 01:24 AM   #3430
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacalciofan
I just tried this method and it worked for me as I just got traded to the Miami Heat. Also I did not have to say no to the side kick role as when that cutscene came it was L. James and I knew I was traded to the Heat and then I got the GM telling me I was traded after and then a new cutscene with L. James nice.
Hopefully sidekicking LeBron will keep him on the Heat next season.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:34 AM   #3431
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Hopefully sidekicking LeBron will keep him on the Heat next season.
Well on my other save which is in the 2nd season before I tried this method he still with the Heat. Also in that new cutscene he talks about winning more then one chip together so yes I hope he stays lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 02:12 AM   #3432
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
Iíve been getting better at rebounding lately, and my def rebound is capped at like 50 as a scoring SG. Just sag off your guy when possible and crash. I generally grab around 6 a game at 6í5Ē.
Yeah I always sag off crummy shooters, but then there's the issue of Gasol and Kaman clogging up the paint. I still get double figures even when playing the 3 half the game, the bigger issue is I can't affect the game on a whole as well from that position.

Having a great game against Jackson Ellis and his Jazz, already posterized his sorry *** 3 times, and blocked him twice. Kobe and Swaggy P are going crazy from the field, jacking up shots like I've never seen teammates do before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »