Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2014, 02:23 AM   #3433
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacalciofan
I just tried this method and it worked for me as I just got traded to the Miami Heat. Also I did not have to say no to the side kick role as when that cutscene came it was L. James and I knew I was traded to the Heat and then I got the GM telling me I was traded after and then a new cutscene with L. James nice.
I forgot to ask, what team did you originally play for? When did you ask for the trade? Just trying to figure out when and why we don't get the sidekick cutscene. Ideally I'd like to use the method without alienating the star player on the target team.
b0ck3n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #3434
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
I forgot to ask, what team did you originally play for? When did you ask for the trade? Just trying to figure out when and why we don't get the sidekick cutscene. Ideally I'd like to use the method without alienating the star player on the target team.
I got drafted to the Bobcats and they do have a star player which is Al Jefferson. Ok I noticed you will get the first cutscene from the GM about you becoming a starter around the end of Dec. and then you should get the second cutscene from the GM telling you about starting in a couple of games around the end of the first week of Jan. or so. Then what I did is when the cutscene you get from the coach telling you that your now a starter in the next game you should get the GM cutscene again asking you about how is everything going and thats when I told him I do not get along with the star player and asked them to trade him. So after that your agent should tell you that you might get traded and show you the teams and the team you said was your targeted team at the beginning should be at the top and bout 5 games after that you should get the cutscene of the sidekick which should be the star of the new team you got traded to so you can accept the sidekick role. So you should be traded by the third week of Jan.
legacalciofan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:10 AM   #3435
Pro
 
lolersaurus's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacalciofan
I just tried this method and it worked for me as I just got traded to the Miami Heat. Also I did not have to say no to the side kick role as when that cutscene came it was L. James and I knew I was traded to the Heat and then I got the GM telling me I was traded after and then a new cutscene with L. James nice.

Are there any extra cutscenes for being on the Heat? And does he actually talk with his voice during sidekick cutscenes and such or is it like all the other guys


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Julius
lolersaurus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 05:07 AM   #3436
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2013
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBlitz23
Does anyone else have problems with free throws? My free throw rating is maxed out and I miss at least half of my A- free throw ratings. If I don't get an A+, I hardly ever make it.
as others have said, try a different release. I have some randoms FT shooting action but it is short and easy to time.

On another note, can anyone give some proven advice on how to do a putback dunk? Im 4 games into my 2nd season and still havent done one. Each time my teammates take a shot and i have a clear path to the rim I sprint and hold down square, but even if the ball bounces off nicely I dont do any dunking animation..

Last edited by Vegemietian; 01-29-2014 at 05:13 AM. Reason: asdfasfdsafsd
Vegemietian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:21 AM   #3437
Youtube Innovators
 
The Lob Mob's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Having a BALL making videos..
Posts: 827
Blog Entries: 44
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Just had a CRAZY 4 game losing streak... it feels like it's scripted. The announcers have some script about the losing streak as well. Anyone else experience this?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Lob Mob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:22 AM   #3438
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegemietian
as others have said, try a different release. I have some randoms FT shooting action but it is short and easy to time.

On another note, can anyone give some proven advice on how to do a putback dunk? Im 4 games into my 2nd season and still havent done one. Each time my teammates take a shot and i have a clear path to the rim I sprint and hold down square, but even if the ball bounces off nicely I dont do any dunking animation..
I've done it once doing it as you describe. Sprinted and hit square when the ball was in the air. Ofcourse this was way after the buzzer so it didn't count.
b0ck3n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:50 AM   #3439
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2014
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lob Mob
Just had a CRAZY 4 game losing streak... it feels like it's scripted. The announcers have some script about the losing streak as well. Anyone else experience this?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it's not scripted. It might feel that way, but it's not. The announcers will talk about many things, including your teams winning or losing streaks. In my career I lost 6 straight at one point but I'm pretty sure it was just because we weren't playing well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DJ_Solis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:54 AM   #3440
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolersaurus
Are there any extra cutscenes for being on the Heat? And does he actually talk with his voice during sidekick cutscenes and such or is it like all the other guys


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The sidekick cutscene with L.James is him not talking the same but yes you do get a new cutscene after you meet your new GM and show you the welcome to the Heat and after you will get a new talking L. James welcoming you to the team and talking in his real voice about winning a few chips with you to playing together.
legacalciofan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 AM.

Top -