Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #3473
Rookie

Alex Hopkinson's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRocket56
I purchased a few and I am disappointed they dont work for me either. I will tinker around the settings and see if I need to do something for them to activate.
Same here. I purchased a couple of cheap ones at the start but I've never heard them. I wondered whether I needed to be a starter before they played, but I guess they're just broken?
Old 01-30-2014, 07:11 AM   #3474
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
What exactly does defense help intensity do? Does it make your teammates help more or does it help you stay on your assignment?
It glues your player to his defensive assignment. I've got mine at 25 which gives me more freedom to move around on my own, and increases movement speed when on defense.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:22 AM   #3475
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hopkinson
Same here. I purchased a couple of cheap ones at the start but I've never heard them. I wondered whether I needed to be a starter before they played, but I guess they're just broken?
ive been a starter for half a season so its not that.

Youd think it would be a pretty simple fix and that 2K would fix it in the next patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 08:20 AM   #3476
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

anyone have ideas about how I can throw a self alley oop off the glass to activate alley oop tendency for my Center. I am on my second season on rockets and both harden and lin have pick n roll maestro and alleyoop sig skill. I want to make houston the new lob city with me and howard.

No matter how hard I try cpu defense always almost gets back and with my limited speed someone catches up and I end up throwing an oop to the teammate or worse a turnover. I even stay closer to the perimeter and sacrificing close to 5 boards a game to run up the court to attempt and so far it has been unsuccessful

Any help will be appreciated

P S : I know the controls to throw a self alley oop

Last edited by RustyRocket56; 01-30-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:22 AM   #3477
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRocket56
anyone have ideas about how I can throw a self alley oop off the glass to activate my alley oop tendency for my Center. I am on my second season on rockets and both harden and lin have pick n roll maestro and alleyoop sig skill. I want to make houston the new lob city with me and howard.

No matter how hard I try cpu defense always almost gets back and with my limited speed someone catches up and I end up throwing an oop to the teammate or worse a turnover. I even stay closer to the perimeter and sacrificing close to 5 boards a game to run up the court to attempt and so far it has been unsuccessful

Any help will be appreciated

P S : I know the controls to throw a self alley oop
From what i understand you have to oop it to yourself to get the tendency up
Old 01-30-2014, 08:26 AM   #3478
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
From what i understand you have to oop it to yourself to get the tendency up
I know that much, What I need to know is there any tips on an easy way to throw a self alley. Easiest I figured would be on a fast break in the open court and me being a center its really hard to outrun anybody.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #3479
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Is it me or do your teammates play better (have better off/def awareness) on higher difficulty? I went up from all star to superstar. Still losing but my teammates made more shots (although still not enough of the easy ones --IMO. Frustrating).

I play point. The goal was to be like early Jason Kidd. Doesn't seem to fit the script.

My coach was fired last night because we're so bad. I've tried to become more of a scorer (seems the game demands you be a star and less of a willing passer) but I'm still losing. Becoming angrier than I should with a video game. For example, brought my team back last night from 20+ deficit, only to have my team inbound to Kyle Korver (after a made basket with under a minute left in game), WHO IS STANDING OUT OF BOUNDS, for a turnover. Why weren't they passing to me or the two guard??? I miss a three to win it. Cut to the podium where they're asking me if I'm disappointed I miss the game winner. Idk guys, seems like it was previously written that I would fail exactly as I did.

I'll save opponent 3pt % for another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Last edited by shegotgame; 01-30-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #3480
Rookie

arivalg's Arena

OVR: 3

im a sg 6'0 on the hawks couple games in, lucky me lou williams just got injured for the next 6-8 weeks, gonna take his spot

ps. i want to have a iverson type of shot, can anyone help?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »