Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 AM   #3513
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I am done with season 1, we beat Miami heat in the finals. won ROY, DPOY, lead the league in rebounds, blocks and shooting %. Did not win the MVP though(Lebron was MVP). Also beat Jackson Ellis on the rooftop 20-14. Weird I did not have the Lebron cut-scene wanting to team up in the future(still butt hurt on getting beat I guess lol). I am glad Aaron Brooks is gone and they are starting lin at PG, Parsons is still 4-6 weeks away from torn pectoral. I haven't seen more useless 1on1 defender than brooks, he cant do **** on defense, at least lin gets some steals.

Here's my stats and I play superstar sim to try and get realistic scores as much as possible.

Glad both harden and lin have pick n roll maestro and alley oop sig skill(they developed 1 or 2 during offseason).

My starting 5 on the rockets right now

PG - lin (79)
SG - Harden (89)
SF - Brewer (73) till parsons (82) returns
PF - Me (97)
C - Howard(91)

Okafor joined the team in offseason.

Currently I have maxed my player and even bought dunk packages and nothing left to spend the VC I earn now. I am planning on starting a second my career and a different position. I am torn between SF and PG. which position of the two is most fun to play ?
Old 01-31-2014, 09:40 AM   #3514
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRocket56
I am done with season 1, we beat Miami heat in the finals. won ROY, DPOY, lead the league in rebounds, blocks and shooting %. Did not win the MVP though(Lebron was MVP). Also beat Jackson Ellis on the rooftop 20-14. Weird I did not have the Lebron cut-scene wanting to team up in the future(still butt hurt on getting beat I guess lol). I am glad Aaron Brooks is gone and they are starting lin at PG, Parsons is still 4-6 weeks away from torn pectoral. I haven't seen more useless 1on1 defender than brooks, he cant do **** on defense, at least lin gets some steals.

Currently I have maxed my player and even bought dunk packages and nothing left to spend the VC I earn now. I am planning on starting a second my career and a different position. I am torn between SF and PG. which position of the two is most fun to play ?
People seem to think a PG is more fun to play because you can run plays and stuff but the position is so stacked barely any team needs a point guard in the league right now so you will be a SG most of the time
Old 01-31-2014, 11:54 AM   #3515
Rookie

OVR: 0

How often do you see friend agent. Haven't seen him since the draft, just took Jackson Ellis to school in our first match up as NBA rookies. 20 games in where is he?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #3516
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwillydog
How often do you see friend agent. Haven't seen him since the draft, just took Jackson Ellis to school in our first match up as NBA rookies. 20 games in where is he?
you will see him around 25 games mark. from then it will be quite frequent
Old 01-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #3517
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

so after struggling for 2 straight hours on rookie casual I finally threw a self alley oop and my tendency is 1 Now I got a question, Do I have to go through this whole tiresome process allover again(throwing myself an alley) if my tendency goes back to say 0 after a few games without alley oop ?
Old 01-31-2014, 01:46 PM   #3518
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRocket56
so after struggling for 2 straight hours on rookie casual I finally threw a self alley oop and my tendency is 1 Now I got a question, Do I have to go through this whole tiresome process allover again(throwing myself an alley) if my tendency goes back to say 0 after a few games without alley oop ?
Are you serious right now? I've been playing for an entire season, and everytime I call for an alley-oop, no matter what situation, they NEVER throw me the ball. I don't understand it one bit. And it really frustrated me, since the reason I went with an athletic Center was to be a beast on D and throw down some sick alleys...

Does this mean you have to throw a self alley-oop in game to get your teammates to start throwing you alley-oops? If that's the case, I'd really like some suggestions on the best way to try and achieve this as a 6'11 athletic center.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #3519
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

These dynamic goals have to go. The gameplay is scripted to coincide with dynamic goals and its ruining the fun.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:03 PM   #3520
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimArkes
Are you serious right now? I've been playing for an entire season, and everytime I call for an alley-oop, no matter what situation, they NEVER throw me the ball. I don't understand it one bit. And it really frustrated me, since the reason I went with an athletic Center was to be a beast on D and throw down some sick alleys...

Does this mean you have to throw a self alley-oop in game to get your teammates to start throwing you alley-oops? If that's the case, I'd really like some suggestions on the best way to try and achieve this as a 6'11 athletic center.
Yep you need to throw a self alley so your tendency is over 0 and then you will catch alleys. I have been trying for a while and finally got it done this morning. there is a youtube video by kingdoom about how he got his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2rYtmY9Gjw

I will tell you my method. being 6 11' I cannot outrun anybody after a rebound(even if I cheat and run upcourt the moment shot is taken). So what I did was change difficulty to rookie/casual. Every time we inbound the ball, I would call for it on my side of the court and run out of bounds. when they inbound I would try and steal the pass. I was restarting after every quarter because I didnt want to set the team record for turnovers. Around my 6th try and after 8 turnovers my teammate stole the inbound pass and I was already running up the court, got the ball and did a self alley oop. I got mine exactly the youtube commentator got his.

You need a ton of patience as a bigman to do this. Also be very careful how you execute this. you need to press LT+A(xbox one) right around the free throw line. once I did it too late and I did one off the board to a teammate

Good luck

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »