Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #3521
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
That's not how it works. Defensive assist is the AI helping control YOUR player, it doesn't affect your teammates at all. It'll, for instance, help you stick to your man, go after loose balls, contest shots, pick up the roll man on a PnR etc. It creates alot of warping, makes playing defense sluggish and less responsive, sometimes hinders smart D, prevents you from getting good position on the block to grab a rebound etc. I haven't removed it completely on my end because I'm currently starting at the 3 and it's a right chore to follow quick wings around with my 6'11" PF.
All.these years and I finally got the real explanation no thanks to.2k . Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #3522
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRocket56
Yep you need to throw a self alley so your tendency is over 0 and then you will catch alleys. I have been trying for a while and finally got it done this morning. there is a youtube video by kingdoom about how he got his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2rYtmY9Gjw

I will tell you my method. being 6 11' I cannot outrun anybody after a rebound(even if I cheat and run upcourt the moment shot is taken). So what I did was change difficulty to rookie/casual. Every time we inbound the ball, I would call for it on my side of the court and run out of bounds. when they inbound I would try and steal the pass. I was restarting after every quarter because I didnt want to set the team record for turnovers. Around my 6th try and after 8 turnovers my teammate stole the inbound pass and I was already running up the court, got the ball and did a self alley oop. I got mine exactly the youtube commentator got his.

You need a ton of patience as a bigman to do this. Also be very careful how you execute this. you need to press LT+A(xbox one) right around the free throw line. once I did it too late and I did one off the board to a teammate

Good luck
I guess I am one f-ing lucky bastard! On the fifth inbound pass. Batum stole the pass and threw it too me, and my center did an insane self-oop leaning windmill dunk (spilled my drink in excitement, lol).

So than I still had to play roughly 30 minutes at rookie/casual, so I just played a bit with it and tried to get oops from my teammates. They threw it too me about 5-6 times, but every time the ball went way to high, about 2-3 feet over my outstretched arms. Is this just a case of asking for oops and thus increasing the tendency or is there something else I need to do? For the record, vertical and dunk are maxed, hands are 88 (sound like the skills that should determine succes rate.)
Old 01-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #3523
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Can someone please explain the negatives and positives of

Shoulder length
Wingspan
Body length

During player creation

Compare leaving everything on 50 and putting everything up to 100 like does it really matter?

Im making a pg right now what should i put my stuff on?
Old 01-31-2014, 03:34 PM   #3524
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimArkes
I guess I am one f-ing lucky bastard! On the fifth inbound pass. Batum stole the pass and threw it too me, and my center did an insane self-oop leaning windmill dunk (spilled my drink in excitement, lol).

So than I still had to play roughly 30 minutes at rookie/casual, so I just played a bit with it and tried to get oops from my teammates. They threw it too me about 5-6 times, but every time the ball went way to high, about 2-3 feet over my outstretched arms. Is this just a case of asking for oops and thus increasing the tendency or is there something else I need to do? For the record, vertical and dunk are maxed, hands are 88 (sound like the skills that should determine succes rate.)
more you dunk on alley oops higher your tendency should go.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #3525
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRocket56
more you dunk on alley oops higher your tendency should go.
Okay. But if my tendency goes up, does that mean my succes rate goes up as well? Because I thought tendency meant how much you do that in game. (for instance, if your mid range tendency is 80, you shoot a lot of mid range jumpers).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #3526
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

And should i give my myplayer 100 wingpsan or 80 or 50 i cant decide

Im making a 6"5 athletic pg
Old 01-31-2014, 04:50 PM   #3527
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
Can someone please explain the negatives and positives of

Shoulder length
Wingspan
Body length

During player creation

Compare leaving everything on 50 and putting everything up to 100 like does it really matter?

Im making a pg right now what should i put my stuff on?
I can help with wingspan. The pros of it are , defensively it helps when blocking and altering shots. The cons are , when dribbling its harder to protect the ball and crossovers aren't as quick I believe.

The others im not sure of
Old 01-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #3528
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I can help with wingspan. The pros of it are , defensively it helps when blocking and altering shots. The cons are , when dribbling its harder to protect the ball and crossovers aren't as quick I believe.

The others im not sure of
Thanks sir

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »