Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-31-2014, 05:31 PM   #3529
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Is lockdown defender worth it? i want it but then i have to make a SG and i would probably make him 6'8 240-50ish which is probably unrealistic right?
Old 01-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #3530
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Is lockdown defender worth it? i want it but then i have to make a SG and i would probably make him 6'8 240-50ish which is probably unrealistic right?
I only go for the offensive sigs mostly. Ankle Breaker really works. Deadeye works. Finisher, acrobat, works. And a good one often overlooked is the Gatorade perform. Your player gets tired fast. As far as defense is concerned I haven't tried them yet
Old 01-31-2014, 06:35 PM   #3531
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
For mycareer you dont really need it but if you play the park mode alot it will come in handy.

Overall its a solid sig skill to have id recommend it.. Its reliable especially if your having a hard time on defense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 06:40 PM   #3532
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I only go for the offensive sigs mostly. Ankle Breaker really works. Deadeye works. Finisher, acrobat, works. And a good one often overlooked is the Gatorade perform. Your player gets tired fast. As far as defense is concerned I haven't tried them yet
is finisher lvl 3 broken?
Old 01-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #3533
Rookie

I was LOVING JaVale McGee, he was the backup to D.Cousins @ C on the Kings in my 2nd year. I think that he should be starting for defensive purposes, he was absolutely killing when Cousins got hurt. I mean he catches EVER oop. Oh well, he just got traded w/ our 7'1" rookie C to GS for Andre Igu(yeah right, you know how to spell it too) ...back to the pick&pop w/ A.Bargnani! We had Caron Butler @ the start of the season but he got hurt the 1st week of the season, for the season. We had Vince Carter last year, like a lot of other people but he retired after last season.

Last edited by MasterTMar; 01-31-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:09 PM   #3534
Pro

OVR: 6

Is there a post move where I go into a standing dunk? Like the baskets two feets away and he could just dunk it over the defender if he wanted to but can only do a hook
Old 01-31-2014, 07:22 PM   #3535
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRocket56
so after struggling for 2 straight hours on rookie casual I finally threw a self alley oop and my tendency is 1 Now I got a question, Do I have to go through this whole tiresome process allover again(throwing myself an alley) if my tendency goes back to say 0 after a few games without alley oop ?
i took me 4 games and lots of turnover to get an self alley and afterwards i was finally able to catch them from my teammates, caught 5 really great oops in 3 games, couple at the park too. my tendency was up to 23...

3 mycareer games later with no oops, my tendency is back to 0.

called for 2 or 3 oops since but didnt make one. same story with the park.

really sucks...if you can throw down mean dunks, oops should be working to without the self alley crap...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 08:22 PM   #3536
Rookie

How much does dynamic goal affect the cut scene or what endorsements you get? I'm currently on the Cavs, started ok at 8-4 but we are now 10-11. They suck. How do you reach your goals when it says get back in the game and when you come back on your 25 points down,
Or other ones where it says no turnovers so you pass it and your teammate fumbles or ball goes out of bounds,

It's starting to **** me

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »