Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2014, 03:11 AM   #3585
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
I am absolutely infuriated by a My Career that I was having a lot of fun with. I'm a 6 foot All Around PG and I was drafted by the suns. I wasn't liking how the situation was playing out so I get traded to Minnisota. We are a winning team, all is well. I get the start after a few weeks at PG, then things take a turn for the worse. We hit a 9 game losing streak, through which Kevin Love decides I need to pass the ball to him more. Ok that's fair, I begin passing to him, many shots he doesn't convert. He's mad at me after nearly every game. Then, coach gives me the goal in game, I s**t you not, break the team record in points or I will be benched. My PPG is excellent for a rookie, 19.4 I believe at the time. I barely crack 20 guarded by Russell Westbrook and I'm met with a punishment far worse than being demoted back to 6th man...starting Small Forward. I'm now 6 foot tall guarding Kevin Durant and Lebron James. My Turnovers per game has jumped from under 1 a game up to nearly 4.5 due to multiple 10+ TO games guarded by much larger defenders. God forbid Pekovic goes down with an injury or they might start me at Center. I was having so much fun with the mode but it's just turned into pure hell. I'm about ready to give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy **** lol. Damn man that sucks might be time to retire already

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2014, 03:12 AM   #3586
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Holy **** lol. Damn man that sucks might be time to retire already

I'm considering it -_-

Old 02-02-2014, 03:27 AM   #3587
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
I'm considering it -_-

How many games have you played at SF? I've heard of similar things happening to people and after a while you go back to your position.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #3588
Rookie

Just finished my second season and won my first MVP/Championship/Finals MVP and got the LeBron cutscene where he wants to team up with you. As I was already gonna ask for a trade (**** the 76ers), I'm gonna try and do it. Are there any specific things I need to do to get this to work? The last two times I asked for a trade they traded me to teams I didn't suggest. My GM relationship is (or was, not sure if it goes down when you ask for a trade) at 100% so I'd assume that weighs in.

I got taken to the GM's office straight after the LeBron cutscene so I've already asked for a trade, I just need to play a few more games until it lets me pick what teams I'd like to go to. Only bad thing about this is that he plays for the Jazz who I got drafted by lol.

Edit: Damn, just checked the Jazz's roster and they have LeBron and Aldridge (just signed him this season).

Last edited by Deej; 02-02-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #3589
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I got the option to make my Sig shoe in Mycareer but I backed out because didn't have time to mess with it then. Haven't seen an option in the mode to make a shoe again so guess i'll have to just go to create a shoe and make one.

Does the shoe change from home and away colors or will I have to make 2 different shoes
Old 02-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #3590
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
How many games have you played at SF? I've heard of similar things happening to people and after a while you go back to your position.
About 7 or 8. I hope to god things get back to normal.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #3591
Rookie

Got traded to the Kings while trying to get on the same team as LeBron after that cutscene. I don't see why I didn't get traded to one of the teams I picked since I got traded for Ray Mccallum and a '16 1st round pick (I'm a maxed out PG), which is a bargain for the Kings.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I got the option to make my Sig shoe in Mycareer but I backed out because didn't have time to mess with it then. Haven't seen an option in the mode to make a shoe again so guess i'll have to just go to create a shoe and make one.

Does the shoe change from home and away colors or will I have to make 2 different shoes
Yeah, the colourways don't change for home and away when you save an edited shoe (assuming it's the same for creating). At least you don't have to recreate the shoe, all you gotta do is make a duplicate and change the colours.

Last edited by Deej; 02-02-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #3592
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
No im asking if you know if its working or if its glitched/broken like in CG past versions
Im dont know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »