Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #3609
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Now i can see why everybody goes with a PG so boring when you can't call plays its always the same stuff pick and roll
Old 02-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #3610
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hopkinson
Along similar lines, I've seen youtubers who seem to have padded arm sleeves that change colour according to home or away games (like team colour, only not quite). Which padded arm sleeve does this in the store? Or are they just manually changing their gear according to the next game?
They change in between games. You also have to exit out and load back in for gear changes to take effect.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #3611
The Duke

uQuickSix's Arena

Well, I got to the point where LaMarcus Aldridge asked me to be his sidekick and I accepted for whatever reason... He asks me to keep feeding him the ball whenever possible and though I average 40 a game (not bragging, wish I had the self control to stop shooting 25-30 shots a game), I figure: hey, I can get my assist numbers up as I only average a little over 1 being a center.

Well, we get into the game and I notice that LA isn't even playing and that TRob is in his spot so I just go along with my regular game plan; we win the game. After the game, however, LA comes up to me and asks what happened to our game plan...but to not worry, that I could just continue the game plan for the next game. I went to the team chemistry screen and my chemistry dropped from 100% to 99%; no big deal, but I was worried it would worsen if the same thing happened again.

Well, I just started the next game and sure enough LA is still out of the lineup. Hopefully this doesn't negatively affect chemistry any more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #3612
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Made a huge mistake thinking that spending a bunch of VC to increase my passing skill would help.. went from 63 to 71 passing with my SF.. now ever other pass is stolen or the guy fumbles it for a turnover.. 9 turnovers in the first game since I increased the skill, when I was getting 1 or 2 a game before.. what a waste
Old 02-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #3613
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Made a huge mistake thinking that spending a bunch of VC to increase my passing skill would help.. went from 63 to 71 passing with my SF.. now ever other pass is stolen or the guy fumbles it for a turnover.. 9 turnovers in the first game since I increased the skill, when I was getting 1 or 2 a game before.. what a waste
Get it to 75 and dimer
Old 02-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #3614
MVP

Wtf is this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1391454829472.jpg (87.0 KB, 117 views)
Old 02-03-2014, 05:38 PM   #3615
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

-drafted by the suns with the 30th pick (played like crap on purpose in the showcase in an attempt to get drafted by the knicks)

Had alot of fun playing with the suns (im a 6"5 pg) they kept switching me from pg to sg every 2 minutes it was annoying but i still went along with it.

Eventually decided to tell the GM i dont get along with bledsoe in attempt that they would trade him and make me the primary pg of the team.. Gm asked me if i could work it out and i chose no.

Agent eventually tells me im in trade rumors blah blah

Bledsoe meets up with me he"s feeling good about us and thinks we can make an incredible duo if i take the sidekick role haha wasnt happening and i let him know that

GM eventually tells me ive been traded to the knicks (the team i chose as my favorite team) in the trade the suns recieved udrih, and 2014 1st and 2nd round picks

I took feltons spot quickly (about 3 games after i arrived)

(Starting 5)

Me
Jr
Melo
Amare
Tyson

Lob city heaven

Even the second unit is loaded and fun to play with felton, shump, hardaway jr, metta, pablo, bargnani, murry, tyler is the bench lol were deep

For some reason kmart got traded to the memphis while i was still a member of the suns

So glad i got traded to the knicks

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 02-03-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #3616
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
-drafted by the suns with the 30th pick (played like crap on purpose in the showcase in an attempt to get drafted by the knicks)

Had alot of fun playing with the suns (im a 6"5 pg) they kept switching me from pg to sg every 2 minutes it was annoying but i still went along with it.

Eventually decided to tell the GM i dont get along with bledsoe in attempt that they would trade him and make me the primary pg of the team.. Gm asked me if i could work it out and i chose no.

Agent eventually tells me im in trade rumors blah blah

Bledsoe meets up with me he"s feeling good about us and thinks we can make an incredible duo if i take the sidekick role haha wasnt happening and i let him know that

GM eventually tells me ive been traded to the knicks (the team i chose as my favorite team) in the trade the suns recieved udrih, and 2014 1st and 2nd round picks

I took feltons spot quickly (about 3 games after i arrived)

(Starting 5)

Me
Jr
Melo
Amare
Tyson

Lob city heaven

Even the second unit is loaded and fun to play with felton, shump, hardaway jr, metta, pablo, bargnani, murry, tyler is the bench lol were deep

For some reason kmart got traded to the memphis while i was still a member of the suns

So glad i got traded to the knicks
Yeah that’s the trade glitch (or trick, if you prefer) that actually gets you to the team you want. Why they even let you pick three teams when you demand a trade is anybody’s guess, because you almost never go to the 3 you choose, regardless if they are the top teams that want you. It’s a good thing the guy who found this did though, since there’s no free agency. I used it to get to the Bulls.

I started before they fixed the trade logic for disgruntled players though, so the bulls have Boozer and Noah for bigs along with 2 scrubs. We’ve got Ray Allen, Stephen Jackson, Luol, Rose, Butler, Jason Terry, myself (SG), and I can’t remember the backup PG’s name. Boozer’s injured and they’ve got freaking Deng starting at PF. The backup bigs don’t play much and I’m constantly running with 3 other wings on the floor. Occasionally it’s all guards with Deng at C. It’s maddening. Needless to say we get crushed on the boards every night. And Rose is coming off the bench because he’s got a nagging injury.

I’m probably going to try and get a couple of them traded for bigs. I’m worried about getting myself traded though because my GM and Teammate chemistry is below 80% still since the trade and I can’t seem to raise it much outside of GM meetings, which are sparse after season 1 ASG. My teammate chemistry is still in the freaking 60’s. Hopefully they won’t trade me for demanding some bench players get traded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »