Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #3617
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I recently started my 2nd season and I no longer see the screen that shows you which teams are interested in you. Has it disappeared for anyone else?

I just won a title with the Hawks, and hoped to get traded to the Lakers. I'm a PG, and the Lakers currently have Kobe, Carmelo, and Pau.

I asked my GM to trade Hortford, knowing that they'd probably get rid of me. But I was taking a risk because I couldn't even see who the interested teams are.

So yeah... I am now on the Utah Jazz.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #3618
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflexx
I recently started my 2nd season and I no longer see the screen that shows you which teams are interested in you. Has it disappeared for anyone else?

I just won a title with the Hawks, and hoped to get traded to the Lakers. I'm a PG, and the Lakers currently have Kobe, Carmelo, and Pau.

I asked my GM to trade Hortford, knowing that they'd probably get rid of me. But I was taking a risk because I couldn't even see who the interested teams are.

So yeah... I am now on the Utah Jazz.
Did you choose Utah as your preferred team when your agent asked you at the beginning? Thatís usually who you go to. I assume you know you donít get to choose teams when demanding your teammate be traded. I still see the interested teams when I go to MyCareer in the menu between games on season 2.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #3619
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
Did you choose Utah as your preferred team when your agent asked you at the beginning? Thatís usually who you go to. I assume you know you donít get to choose teams when demanding your teammate be traded. I still see the interested teams when I go to MyCareer in the menu between games on season 2.
I chose the Lakers from the very beginning.

I wonder why I don't see the interested teams in my MyCareer section. Maybe it's because I've only played 3 games in the 2nd season. Hopefully it shows up later and I can better strategize by requesting a teammate be traded only when I see the Lakers on top. They were on top at the end of the previous season though.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #3620
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
I am absolutely infuriated by a My Career that I was having a lot of fun with. I'm a 6 foot All Around PG and I was drafted by the suns. I wasn't liking how the situation was playing out so I get traded to Minnisota. We are a winning team, all is well. I get the start after a few weeks at PG, then things take a turn for the worse. We hit a 9 game losing streak, through which Kevin Love decides I need to pass the ball to him more. Ok that's fair, I begin passing to him, many shots he doesn't convert. He's mad at me after nearly every game. Then, coach gives me the goal in game, I s**t you not, break the team record in points or I will be benched. My PPG is excellent for a rookie, 19.4 I believe at the time. I barely crack 20 guarded by Russell Westbrook and I'm met with a punishment far worse than being demoted back to 6th man...starting Small Forward. I'm now 6 foot tall guarding Kevin Durant and Lebron James. My Turnovers per game has jumped from under 1 a game up to nearly 4.5 due to multiple 10+ TO games guarded by much larger defenders. God forbid Pekovic goes down with an injury or they might start me at Center. I was having so much fun with the mode but it's just turned into pure hell. I'm about ready to give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So it's not just me, it's EVERYONE going on inexplicable losing streaks & suddenly accumulating MASSIVE turnover totals (that the game 'logic' is creating) Wow!! For me it all changed after the update last week... Why is 2K punishing us. This is torture. If not for my youtube channel I would be done with this game...
Old 02-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #3621
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lob Mob
So it's not just me, it's EVERYONE going on inexplicable losing streaks & suddenly accumulating MASSIVE turnover totals (that the game 'logic' is creating) Wow!! For me it all changed after the update last week... Why is 2K punishing us. This is torture. If not for my youtube channel I would be done with this game...
Speak for yourself my teams barely lose id like to go on a losing streak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #3622
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflexx
I chose the Lakers from the very beginning.

I wonder why I don't see the interested teams in my MyCareer section. Maybe it's because I've only played 3 games in the 2nd season. Hopefully it shows up later and I can better strategize by requesting a teammate be traded only when I see the Lakers on top. They were on top at the end of the previous season though.
yeah could be. I donít know when I first looked at it. Iíve been playing key games so I couldíve been a few more games in before I saw it. I asked for a teammate trade at my first GM meeting of season 2 and it worked, though. Maybe I just got lucky.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #3623
The Duke

uQuickSix's Arena

Damn, so I saved up 12,500 VC for the LeBron XI's and can't even equip them because I don't have a shoe deal??

Don't they become free after you get the deal? WTF is the point in buying the shoes then?!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #3624
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by uQuickSix
Damn, so I saved up 12,500 VC for the LeBron XI's and can't even equip them because I don't have a shoe deal??

Don't they become free after you get the deal? WTF is the point in buying the shoes then?!
Park/cut scenes stuff mostly till then

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »