Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #3625
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I tried making a C, 6"11, all-around. Played very good in Rookie showdown getting A-. Selected Boston Celtics as my favorite team. During the pre-draft interview, 2 teams that interviewed me was Atlanta (1st interview), blanky I said dont want to play as PF. Boston was the 2nd interview and tried to ace the interview.

Draft day...Boston did not select me...it was Atlanta picked me as their 2nd pick in round 1 after Boston selected another one. OH IM PISSED...DAMN IT 2K ... wTH IS THIS????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #3626
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
I tried making a C, 6"11, all-around. Played very good in Rookie showdown getting A-. Selected Boston Celtics as my favorite team. During the pre-draft interview, 2 teams that interviewed me was Atlanta (1st interview), blanky I said dont want to play as PF. Boston was the 2nd interview and tried to ace the interview.

Draft day...Boston did not select me...it was Atlanta picked me as their 2nd pick in round 1 after Boston selected another one. OH IM PISSED...DAMN IT 2K ... wTH IS THIS????
Yep, pretty much the same b.s. it's been for the last two years. Playing as a PG, I have interviews with the Pistons and Timberwolves since I could play 2 guard as well. Neither draft me and I get drafted by either the Trail Blazers or the PELICANS every time. There's no logic in 2k and I've told as much in support tickets (though it's a computer generated response.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:09 AM   #3627
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasg2488
Yep, pretty much the same b.s. it's been for the last two years. Playing as a PG, I have interviews with the Pistons and Timberwolves since I could play 2 guard as well. Neither draft me and I get drafted by either the Trail Blazers or the PELICANS every time. There's no logic in 2k and I've told as much in support tickets (though it's a computer generated response.
I see two problems. 1: picking Boston as your favourite team effectively prevents them from drafting you (for some weird reason that's how it works). 2: Boston can't draft you even if you didn't pick them as your favourite team.

In years past, you could go as any pick in the first round. Granted, getting picked first overall was hard but beyond that you could figure out the stat line and/or interview responses to go to any team on the board. This year it's very limited, and only a handful of teams are able to pick you.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:11 AM   #3628
MVP

What difficulty/settings would you recommend for this mode? I started out using superstar sim but near the allstar break things got really cheesy like HOF and we were losing a lot of games. So I switch down to allstar and were just blowing teams by 25+ each game. I then go back to superstar and the computer can't miss like HOF. Where's the medium at? Either my team all plays like all stars or like scrubs. I've been playing 2k for years and have never really had difficulty be an issue but I just can't find a good fit right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2014, 03:20 AM   #3629
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Somebody explain this to me. Rose has been injured with a strained quad, but even with the -4 hit to his overall he's an 89. Why the hell is he coming off the bench and freaking Greivis Vasquez is starting over him at 73 overall? And Jimmy Butler is now fully healed and 81 overall, but Stephen Jackson is starting at SF at 77 overall. Wait till you hear my lineup: Vasquez-PG, myself-SG, Jackson-SF, Deng-PF, and Noah. The bench consists of Ray Allen as sixth man, followed by Butler, Jason Terry, Mike Dunleavy, Tony Snell, some crap center named Festus (FESTUS!), and THEN Rose and Boozer who's out injured. Not only is Rose last in the lineup at 89, but wtf is up with this team makeup? Jason Terry was brought in in exchange for one of my only posts with all these other guards, AFTER the trade logic was supposedly fixed in patch 3. I'm flabbergasted. The gameplay is obviously the polish on this otherwise steaming turd of a game. I'm not gonna trade it in but I'm sure as heck gonna be waiting before I throw money at 2K15. /rant

Sorry I know the wailing about the shortcomings of this game are getting old. I just can't believe they put out such a massively flawed piece of software for $60, and then have the nerve to try and micro-transaction us into oblivion.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:26 AM   #3630
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Wtf is this?
You ugly, that's what.

Jk
Old 02-04-2014, 06:23 AM   #3631
Rookie

The injuries in this game make no sense. I joined the Kings around 7 games ago and already Cousins and now Rudy Gay have been injured. Granted, Cousins only missed 4 games but Gay is out with a broken ankle when he was just standing there at the time. A few games before that the opposing team (I forget who I was playing) got two players injured in the same game, both with broken ankles. I guess ankles are fragile in 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #3632
Just started!

Hey,
I really need your help or I may throw this piece of crap in the trash and burn it all in our garden...
Back to topic: In MyCareer as a SF from the Sixers I earned enough VC to buy On Court Coach so I can run plays! I've waited sooo long to do this and now in game I tried it and of course: It is buggy! Holding RB for smart play just work for a few seconds and when i choose one of my teammates and I'm about to choose the different plays nothing happens when hitting the button. However, nothing is not right, like when I want to choose the play with the X-Button, my player doesn't run the play, he just shoot from half court! I can't believe this ****, I was waiting so long for the sig skill after auto play calling still doesn't work and now it's the same **** as the whole game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »