Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #3657
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

So I'm n my six yr with raptors .. n I notice this years rookie looks a lot like LeBron he's 20 n rated 89 sf 230 n he's olny a rookie lol I just though this was interesting ... lol I wonder if this was on purpose any one else?

these_handz ... ps4
Old 02-06-2014, 12:54 AM   #3658
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Unlike my center career.. I see that Jackson Ellis is a starter for the Kings in my SF's career.. we're averaging almost identical numbers other than he's playing 10 minutes more as a starter... in the center's career Ellis wasn't getting 10 minutes per game with Detroit until the game against me and 76ers where he dropped 46 pts. Won't even play him the first time until 39th game of the season in this one so maybe I can be a starter by then, it's 8 games away.

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 02-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #3659
Rookie

Screens were nerfed in the latest patch. The best way to utilize them before was to call it, walk your defender into the screen on the right (or left), then move back to the left while the defender is stuck in an animation. Since the patch you have to commit your player much more to actually proc that screen animation, so you can't move back the same way as easily, and the CPU defense is much better at switching assignments. Anyway, it's much more realistic now and can be used somewhat effectively to create mismatches, but you don't get as open anymore.

Speaking of mismatches, it's absolutely possible to break down defenders on any difficulty setting. If you've got a quick player who's a strong finisher all you need is a step on your defender to take it to the hoop. Currently playing an athletic 2 with the Jordan layup package equipped, getting lots of contact layups where my guy just gives himself up completely to get the bucket - looks awesome!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #3660
Rookie

I noticed a few bugs in My Career mode. I'm playing on PS4. Are you also getting them?

- KIA contract never clinching
- Trophy race info not accessible
- No Free Agency or contract negotiation after end of rookie contract (this is the most annoying one): I end up with the same team with a 2 year contract worth $0/0VC. Player moral is upset.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #3661
Rookie

mcmuglim's Arena

Angry Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Last night, I was on first season late Jan where I get injured and I told the trainer that I'm fine. I'm a 6'3" PG, but the next game the coached played me at center! Replacing Kanter where his minutes went from 35 min to 17 min all of a sudden. So from now on, I had to endure the first quarter playing as center until late in the second quarter when I'm moved back to PG.

Is this a bug? (Another thing that might have caused this was that I had a career high of 6 blocks in the game where I got injured).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #3662
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuglim
Last night, I was on first season late Jan where I get injured and I told the trainer that I'm fine. I'm a 6'3" PG, but the next game the coached played me at center! Replacing Kanter where his minutes went from 35 min to 17 min all of a sudden. So from now on, I had to endure the first quarter playing as center until late in the second quarter when I'm moved back to PG.

Is this a bug? (Another thing that might have caused this was that I had a career high of 6 blocks in the game where I got injured).
Happens to a lot of people with point guards should be back to normal in a few games from what i understand.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #3663
Just started!

Does anyone know how to get drafted by the Bucks?
Old 02-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #3664
Rookie

Really enjoying playing for the Kings, shame that Gay is out with a broken ankle (an injury that happens FAR too frequently). Loved playing with Rudy Gay for the 7 or so games that I got to play with him before he got injured. Finally have a team that I can get 10+ assists with ease with since they have lots of good 3 point shooters and Cousins is great in the paint. I was disappointed that I got traded to the Kings since it wasn't one of my 3 choices but I think I'm gonna stay with them for a while, at least until I get bored anyway. But then again if I get bored I'll most likely just make a new character instead of getting traded to a new team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »