Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #3665
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Really enjoying playing for the Kings, shame that Gay is out with a broken ankle (an injury that happens FAR too frequently). Loved playing with Rudy Gay for the 7 or so games that I got to play with him before he got injured. Finally have a team that I can get 10+ assists with ease with since they have lots of good 3 point shooters and Cousins is great in the paint. I was disappointed that I got traded to the Kings since it wasn't one of my 3 choices but I think I'm gonna stay with them for a while, at least until I get bored anyway. But then again if I get bored I'll most likely just make a new character instead of getting traded to a new team.
When Rudy Gay was on the Grizzlies in 2K13, he was pretty good even though he struggled against Melo, KD and LeBron.
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAA: Washington St Cougars
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #3666
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
lmao good one
Il up it to Allstar once I get promoted to Starter. Even on pro the CPU still has their BS
Old 02-07-2014, 07:37 AM   #3667
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Screens were nerfed in the latest patch. The best way to utilize them before was to call it, walk your defender into the screen on the right (or left), then move back to the left while the defender is stuck in an animation. Since the patch you have to commit your player much more to actually proc that screen animation, so you can't move back the same way as easily, and the CPU defense is much better at switching assignments. Anyway, it's much more realistic now and can be used somewhat effectively to create mismatches, but you don't get as open anymore.

Speaking of mismatches, it's absolutely possible to break down defenders on any difficulty setting. If you've got a quick player who's a strong finisher all you need is a step on your defender to take it to the hoop. Currently playing an athletic 2 with the Jordan layup package equipped, getting lots of contact layups where my guy just gives himself up completely to get the bucket - looks awesome!
By breakdown do you dribbling? Ive finally figured out dribbling. Its is pretty easy and it wasn't at first.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #3668
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcowietsh
Does anyone know how to get drafted by the Bucks?
Ironically I got drafted by the Bucks and specifically told them I didn't like the team. You want them and eventually I want out lol
Old 02-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #3669
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
By breakdown do you dribbling? Ive finally figured out dribbling. Its is pretty easy and it wasn't at first.
Yep. I still haven't mastered the dribble stick myself but just mashing it I'm able to break ankles left and right. In fact, they should implement some dribbling schemes into the mechanic, and make timing a factor, so that flicking the stick at random leads to loss of control, falling over etc.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #3670
Just started!

hey hoping someone can help me here. its probably has been posted before but theres over 360+ posts and counting and i dont wanna look at all of them so i apologize in advance if this has been answered.

anyways how do you complete a successful alleyoop? I have an all-around sg. dunking is mid 80s, vertical max, hands attribute max but everytime i call for an opp it either sails over myplayers head, hit the backboard, myplayer does the opp animation but doesnt catch the ball or myplayer jus stops running. so how do i complete a successful alleyoop? i read that you have to complete a self alley opp and your tendency goes up but is there another way? i plan on making a athletic center when the rosters are finally updated after the allstar break and i wanna grab alleyopps like dwight or shaq lol. can someone help me? plz and thank yous
Old 02-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #3671
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Yep. I still haven't mastered the dribble stick myself but just mashing it I'm able to break ankles left and right. In fact, they should implement some dribbling schemes into the mechanic, and make timing a factor, so that flicking the stick at random leads to loss of control, falling over etc.
Its pretty much timing and watching your opponents movements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #3672
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkuya
hey hoping someone can help me here. its probably has been posted before but theres over 360+ posts and counting and i dont wanna look at all of them so i apologize in advance if this has been answered.

anyways how do you complete a successful alleyoop? I have an all-around sg. dunking is mid 80s, vertical max, hands attribute max but everytime i call for an opp it either sails over myplayers head, hit the backboard, myplayer does the opp animation but doesnt catch the ball or myplayer jus stops running. so how do i complete a successful alleyoop? i read that you have to complete a self alley opp and your tendency goes up but is there another way? i plan on making a athletic center when the rosters are finally updated after the allstar break and i wanna grab alleyopps like dwight or shaq lol. can someone help me? plz and thank yous
Toss yourself a self ally oop and you should be good to go

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »