Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #3689
Rookie

claustin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Anyone recommend what signature skills to use for a PG? I currently have LeBron coast to coast, Dimer, Deadeye, Catch and Shoot & Sprite Posteriser (I think that's all of them). Definitely willing to get rid of LeBron coast to coast and catch and shoot but I like the others.
Iím not looking at it but donít you get 7 sig skills? You only have 5 listed. In any case, I would think pick & roll maestro might be a good one for a PG. I havenít tried it, though.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #3690
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcowietsh
What position are you? I made twice a SG en told them I want to play for them, but didn't draft me lol

Did you pick them as your favorite team when your agent asks you at the beginning? I'm not sure but I think if you pick them as the favs then they won't draft no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #3691
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
I donít think so. You wonít be a starter unless your numbers justify it, scripted or not. Iíve read where some people havenít started until the playoffs. Whether thatís just a different script or not, I donít know. In any case, if you donít play you wonít get much VC to improve your guy (if youíre buying VC this is a moot point) or improve your team chemistry or fans. Although I donít think anybodyís actually tried doing it this way. You could be the guinea pig. If you DID start after doing it this way it would really cement the ďthis is too scriptedĒ argument.
I hope your right in saying that some will not be a starter until playoffs. Because I created a Center, All-around (but trying to be a beast on Defense), 6"11. I just get the vc to improve my guy on my other MC where I reached my intentional limit (Off- 88% and Def - 86%) for a SG/ 3ptr/ 6"8.

I'll start playing the C after my 1st year of my SG who is in the NBA finals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #3692
Banned

Finally was able to start a new MyCareer since the correct rosters loaded finally. I got drafted by the Blazers at No. 10. I was originally planning on using the trade method to get traded to the Celtics and continue the great tradition of the Celtics, but I think I found a home.

We have started the season 9-1 and hoping to turn around the bad luck Portland has had the last two decades (passing on MJ & Durant plus the injuries to Roy & Oden).
Old 02-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #3693
Pro

OVR: 6

Anyone else can't change minutes or difficulty level?
Old 02-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #3694
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play on HOF Sim with 10 minute quarters and my team is 15-1 so far. I don't cheese and try to play as realistic as possible.

I'm on the Timberwolves in our second season.

C - JaVale Mcgee
PF - Kevin Love
SF - Derrick Williams
SG - Kevin Martin
PG - (Me)

In our first season, Pekovic got traded for McGee. I was kinda of pissed at first because Pekovic was really good on pick and rolls and ISO post ups. But after finishing off the 1st season, I found McGee to be soooo much better.

McGee & Love are both averaging near 20 ppg, while D-Will and Kevin Martin average around 10 points. D-Will got so much better in the second season since his 3 pointer got upgraded to like a 87. My pick and pop/pick and roll game with Love & McGee is basically unstoppable. Enjoying destroying teams so far, even with some of that HOF cheese that happens every now and then.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #3695
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louizzle
I play on HOF Sim with 10 minute quarters and my team is 15-1 so far. I don't cheese and try to play as realistic as possible.

I'm on the Timberwolves in our second season.

C - JaVale Mcgee
PF - Kevin Love
SF - Derrick Williams
SG - Kevin Martin
PG - (Me)

In our first season, Pekovic got traded for McGee. I was kinda of pissed at first because Pekovic was really good on pick and rolls and ISO post ups. But after finishing off the 1st season, I found McGee to be soooo much better.

McGee & Love are both averaging near 20 ppg, while D-Will and Kevin Martin average around 10 points. D-Will got so much better in the second season since his 3 pointer got upgraded to like a 87. My pick and pop/pick and roll game with Love & McGee is basically unstoppable. Enjoying destroying teams so far, even with some of that HOF cheese that happens every now and then.
...& what are you averaging?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 12:00 AM   #3696
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTMar
...& what are you averaging?
25 pts & 16 assists

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »