Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-10-2014, 04:12 AM   #3729
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exh1bits
Since it takes around 30 games to become a starter can i foul out of every game before that and still become a starter at 30 games?
Ive played more than 30 and still no starter
Old 02-10-2014, 04:21 AM   #3730
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Hoyle
Howdy,
New to this site, long time sports gamer (double dribble/Arch Rivels).
I was wondering if you could combine the Lebron Coast to Coast with one man fast break to become super quick? I currently have both skills activated and it seems to work, but i just want to make sure before i drop 5k to get to level 3 one man fast break.
I am an athletic SF ranked 92 with 85 speed and 90 quickness. i plan on maxing out my speed when i get the 9 k coin, which is why i am asking since i am about a game away from the 5k needed for the level 3 one man fast break.
I love getting a rebound and blowing by everybody and dunking it home!
thanks!
LOL, I remember playing Double Dribble & see those close up slow motion dunks & thinking 'wow, graphics could NEVER be better than this!!!'
Old 02-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #3731
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lob Mob
LOL, I remember playing Double Dribble & see those close up slow motion dunks & thinking 'wow, graphics could NEVER be better than this!!!'
And the ability to hold the jumpshot button forever and float lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 05:54 AM   #3732
Just started!

Billy_Hoyle's Arena

OVR: 0

for me the main thing i remember is the audio title intro "double dribble" in all its 8 bits of glory! lol....
but whats the deal with stacking the lbj c2c and one man fast break? does it work. when i get home from work i want to go home and get some 2k in. im playing game 1 of the conference finals against the heat. Im the bucks and am i SF so i got a damn good series trying to guard lebron.... hoping okc makes it to the ship so i can play against The Slim Reaper!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:38 AM   #3733
Just started!

Hey guys, I'm a 6'5 PG playing for the Blazers. Still my first season (49 games in) and trying to keep it realistic, hence i'm averaging 19ppg, 13apg, and 4.5rpg.

My team:
PG - Lillard
SG - Me
SF - Batum
PF - Robinson
C - Aldridge

I have a couple of questions:
1) When should I receive shoe deals? (The new agent is trying to persuade me to sign for him but I haven't made a decision yet)
2) Furthermore, what are the pro's and con's of the new agent and my 'friend' agent?
3) If I ask for a player (Mo Williams - sixth man) to be traded off the team, what are the chances of it backfiring and myself being traded?
Old 02-10-2014, 06:47 AM   #3734
Just started!

Billy_Hoyle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddleSticks
Hey guys, I'm a 6'5 PG playing for the Blazers. Still my first season (49 games in) and trying to keep it realistic, hence i'm averaging 19ppg, 13apg, and 4.5rpg.

My team:
PG - Lillard
SG - Me
SF - Batum
PF - Robinson
C - Aldridge

I have a couple of questions:
1) When should I receive shoe deals? (The new agent is trying to persuade me to sign for him but I haven't made a decision yet)
2) Furthermore, what are the pro's and con's of the new agent and my 'friend' agent?
3) If I ask for a player (Mo Williams - sixth man) to be traded off the team, what are the chances of it backfiring and myself being traded?

1 and 2)If you go with the hotshot agent you will get the adidas shoe contract right away, then you get the nike or jordan deal in season 2. Your buddy agent wont get you adidas but will get you nike or jordan, but it won't be until around 70 games in or so, thats when it happened for me. Thats the main difference between the two, so ive read i kept with my boy. but also i read that the superstar agent talks to you like an a-hole and you can't beat your buddy agent in 2k anymore.
3) supposedly asking for a player to be traded is the way to get traded to your fav team, if you meet some criteria. but i am guessing that it wont give you the option to trade mo williams, if you talk to the gm and try to trade a player on your team you only get the option of two players and the third option as the generic other. so im guessing that mo won't be an option.
again this is just what i read in this forum. i kept my agent and havent requested a trade or tried to get one of my team mates traded.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #3735
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Hoyle
3) supposedly asking for a player to be traded is the way to get traded to your fav team, if you meet some criteria. but i am guessing that it wont give you the option to trade mo williams, if you talk to the gm and try to trade a player on your team you only get the option of two players and the third option as the generic other. so im guessing that mo won't be an option.
again this is just what i read in this forum. i kept my agent and havent requested a trade or tried to get one of my team mates traded.
That's not what happens. Your GM asks you how everything's going. You choose the response about not getting along with a teammate and you'll get to choose which one. You can pick whoever you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #3736
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrysaywhaa
does anyone know which dunk package is required to get the animation to jump over the defender?
I think it might be one foot side tomahawks or something like that. I just added it and pulled one off. I wasn't expecting it at all. Kinda blew my mind-hole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »