Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #3745
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

We pgs in mines. H3 doesn't get as much tic cause theres so many guards. He plays for the pistons. I play for the bucks. I always fire tgat dude up.

Side bar... last nite I lit chris paul up for 81. Never ever did that before. My team couldn't buy a basket in the first quarter so it fell on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #3746
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmetz2020
Is anyone else having insane troubles in the playoffs? I played on all-star throughout the regular season and didn't have much trouble winning games. I ended up with the number 1 seed in the west and got matched up against the Clippers in round 1 of the playoffs. So far, I've lost both games 1 and 2. The difficulty level feels like it's on hall of fame. Jamal Crawford has been scoring 30 ppg against me in 8 minute quarters and is as close to unstoppable as it gets. Offensively I score well, but defense has been impossible. They have put up over 100 on me in both games. Game 1 was a blowout and Game 2 I lost by 8 points. Anyone else experiencing this crazy difficulty in the playoffs?

This was actually happening to me too. On the first game of the playoffs against pacers they could not miss a thing. I play on superstar and did pretty well on the regular season but this game was like nothing I ever seen in 2k14. It was like I was playing HOF or something.
Hibbert and west were hurt so I thought I would have an advantage but no. The pacers were just dropping threes nonstop. And you might think I was getting lit up by PG or Granger but no. Chris copeland came in and made 5/5 step back contested 3s. And whenever anyone on the pacers missed scola or mahinmi would get the putback. They had something like 76 at halftime and I was down by 20.
Anyway i tried to comeback but then quit about halfway through the third quarter cause it was absolutely ridiculous. Then I started the game again and it was still difficult but it wasn't anything like before. Maybe try quitting and starting again lol worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #3747
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Hoyle
for me the main thing i remember is the audio title intro "double dribble" in all its 8 bits of glory! lol....
but whats the deal with stacking the lbj c2c and one man fast break? does it work. when i get home from work i want to go home and get some 2k in. im playing game 1 of the conference finals against the heat. Im the bucks and am i SF so i got a damn good series trying to guard lebron.... hoping okc makes it to the ship so i can play against The Slim Reaper!
I'm not a perimeter player...I'm a defensive big man so I have no use for either of those. So someone perimeter oriented might be able to tell you. But yeah, good luck in your playoff, I hear the playoffs are really tough!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:41 PM   #3748
MVP

I was a PG on Minny and asked for a trade and they sent me to Cleveland! I gave it a chance and they started me at SG alongside Kyrie and it's actually a blast. He handles the ball and I get open for oops all the time, run and gun. I was going to ask for another trade but I think I'll wait to knock out Lebron in the playoffs with Cleveland.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:22 AM   #3749
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

MyPlayer PG is now starting at Center.... I tip the ball off and play center all game. WEIRD

WTF?
Old 02-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #3750
Rookie

rickypro's Arena

OVR: 4

Rookie of the year. Lead the league in scoring rookie year. Become starter late in season. Second season I hit "next key game" after playing game number one of season. When next game pops up I am sixth man again!! I think I am done with this game.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:03 AM   #3751
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypro
Rookie of the year. Lead the league in scoring rookie year. Become starter late in season. Second season I hit "next key game" after playing game number one of season. When next game pops up I am sixth man again!! I think I am done with this game.
lol at least you're not playing a COMPLETELY different position than you're supposed to

my 6'3 PG is now playing Center...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 02:31 AM   #3752
MVP

So I'm just looking through the rookie leaderboards and I can't help but notice that Vitor Faverani of the Celtics and Luigi Datome of the Detroit Pistons look awfully similar. Oh wait, they are the same person apparently lol. Both players have the same exact face. Has anyone else noticed this? It's pretty funny, I guess 2k got a little lazy.
Also Jackson Ellis has Floor General. Which is fine, but he has it as a Sig skill. Lolwut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »