Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-13-2014, 12:28 AM   #3785
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Is this mode broke too? Played 2 seasons and then did not become a free agent. Still says I'm on a 2 year contract at the start of my 3rd season. How can a game this good just be botched so badly? Every mode has issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 01:23 AM   #3786
MVP

Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Blew out OKC, and beat New Orleans.. but my SF is getting screwed by the game still in passing the ball.. it's turnover city STILL.. maxed passing at 75 AND Dimer and random post-entry passes go in the stands or into the hands of a guy standing behind the guy I'm passing to.. it's like 2K wants my SF to just ball hog and shoot 30 times a game.. A couple times inbound passes have gone way awry randomly as mentioned before.

A few more turnovers are caused by 2K not having shot tendencies or offensive awareness smart enough for AI teammates.. shot clock down to 2 or 3 and they decide to pass to me.. who then can't release the shot in time so the shot clock violation while holding the ball.

I went from 1 or 2 turnovers a game to pathetic numbers per game and now 'average' 3.5 a game (even a whopping 11 in one game) since I maxed passing and used VC to get 'Dimer'.. previous 12 games turnover numbers: 7, 2, 8, 5, 4, 7, 4, 2, 7, 3, 4, 11.

This game mode clearly just wants you to score which I really don't like. Like that ridiculous dynamic goal that tells you to score ten straight. No coach would ever tell their player anything like that. Shakedown2012 recently uploaded a game where he had zero points and 29 assists and then on the fake *** twitter all anyone would say is that he didn't do anything just because he didn't score.
As for the TOs... Oh god I hate the TOs. I play pretty conservative on offense, don't make a lot of risky passes but I still get a similar amount of TOs. Thad Young is wide open under the rim with only the one defender between us. The directional passing is just awful so I use the icon pass and for whatever reason my player opts to use a bounce pass and throws the ball right at the defenders legs... TO. I had a game where I had 10 TOs because of three offensive fouls. All three came from me driving laterally and for some reason my player just shoves the defender down. I don't get it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2014, 02:13 AM   #3787
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

As expected, 2 games after the GM tells me Coach will put me in the starting lineup when he thinks I'm ready.. I get the GM telling me Coach wanted to but GM said not yet.. 2K can't even stay in a straight line with the story.. it's like a choose your own adventure book, except they put the pages in the wrong spots so everything's backwards
Old 02-13-2014, 03:06 AM   #3788
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Here's a cruel joke if I ever saw one on 2K.. TWolves vs Spurs.. we're down 29 points at HALF.. I played 7 minutes in the first half so I'll play 21 minutes in the second half and be dragging in stamina at the end.. even worse is we have 8 OFFENSIVE boards in the first half and STILL only made 12 of 41 shots.. I shouldn't saw 'we' though since I barely saw the court.. were down 16 .. 26-10 when I finally got IN the game in the 1st quarter with 4 minutes left.

Spurs won 120-93.. 7 guys scored in double figures it was that pathetic.. none of the starters played in the 4th quarter.. which is a real joke because your career player MUST play.. EXACTLY as many minutes as it says on the rotation page.. no more.. maybe 1 or 2 less sometimes.

Kevin Love shot 6 of 12, 3 of 5 for three yet was on the bench most of the second half.. as was Rubio with 6 points 3 boards and 4 assists.. and Kevin Martin with 10 pts 4 boards and 2 assists.. all 3 played 29 minutes each, while Pekovic played 18 minutes total and Dieng of all people played 21 minutes... I got stuck playing 20 minutes with Shved , Dieng and 19 with Corey Brewer who does almost nothing in this game. In all, 12 guys played double figures in minutes.

All of this comes after a 4 game win streak.

Last edited by DHMN69; 02-13-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:32 AM   #3789
Rookie

I haven't been the victim of nearly as much cheese as many of you others. For the most part I'm really enjoying this mode. Currently playing an athletic shooting guard for the Kings (2nd seed atm) and am about to be shipped to Chicago any day now. Again with the Kings I didn't get the sidekick scene which is great, 'cause I imagine it'll pop up with D Rose as soon as I join the Bulls. I'm fine playing second fiddle to Rose for the remainder of the first season anyways.

Fouls and turnovers have definitely been turned up since patch #4, which I think is a good thing. It was far too easy to swat at the ball and get easy steals before, and passing was just ridiculously overpowered, especially lobs. Now you have to actually think twice before you throw a pass. The only times where it bugs me is when you bump into a defender while handling the ball and it procs that endless stumbling animation (quickly flick the right stick or shot button to cancel a pass during the animation) or when you've got an open spot up shooter beyond the arc and as soon as you pass him the ball the douche decides to cut to the basket and it ends up in a turnover.

I also like the selection of pass types better since the patch. Bounce passes, floaters etc seem to proc when it's appropriate for them to do so, and there are awesome bullet passes that proc much more often now than before.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #3790
Banned

OVR: 7

Finally a atarter. 22 game winning streak with the Bucks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #3791
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just finished year 2 and I still have not gotten a shoe endorsement. Does anyone know why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #3792
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbitman
I just finished year 2 and I still have not gotten a shoe endorsement. Does anyone know why?
I'm not sure if this is correct but I think an OVR rating of 90 is required to land a shoe deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »