Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-13-2014, 09:21 AM   #3793
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
I'm not sure if this is correct but I think an OVR rating of 90 is required to land a shoe deal.
I'm close to that, but I started fouling out games on purpose so now I'm a bench player. If I get my rating to 90 could I still get the shoe deal even if I'm on the bench?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #3794
Rookie

Oh and I'm talking about a Nike or Jordan endorsement, not shoe creator. Sorry for the confusion.

I mainly want the shoes for the park and I was told if I buy them in the store for 7500 VC I couldn't wear them there.

Last edited by Ribbitman; 02-13-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #3795
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbitman
I'm close to that, but I started fouling out games on purpose so now I'm a bench player. If I get my rating to 90 could I still get the shoe deal even if I'm on the bench?
Being a starter might be a requirement also. If you don't really care about MyCareer but mainly use your player for the Park I'd just switch to rookie/casual, 6 min qtrs, and kick *** for a few games. Shouldn't take long to make the starting line-up and get your deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #3796
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n

......., when you've got an open spot up shooter beyond the arc and as soon as you pass him the ball the douche decides to cut to the basket and it ends up in a turnover.
Even worse, you pass to someone wide open, and I mean WIDE OPEN, right under the basket, and you're thinking "easy assist" and he immediately passes it out to someone who then shoots a brick.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #3797
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrunner
Even worse, you pass to someone wide open, and I mean WIDE OPEN, right under the basket, and you're thinking "easy assist" and he immediately passes it out to someone who then shoots a brick.
Yeah, player tendencies need some serious work. Being wide open should bump the shot tendency like crazy. After a while you kinda learn who you've got on your team, and who'll actually shoot when you pass them the ball. The Kings is the best team I've played on in MyCareer simply because so many of the guys there have no qualms about taking shots - heck, even DeMarcus Cousins throws it up when he's open from beyond the arc, which is hilarious but at the same time sorta realistic.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #3798
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

The Sixers are freaking terrible. We are 5-13 and just lost back to back to the 2 worst teams in the league in the Magic and Bobcats. Record wise they are the 2 worst in my, mycareer. Its frustrating cause my teammates wont grab rebounds or loose balls, they shoot terrible from the FT line. Then add the cpu hitting whatever 3 point shot they chuck up despite the defense on them and thats why we are 5-13. Ive been doing and saying everything to promote better chemistry but that doesnt seem to be improving their play. Our last few games we are losing them in the last 2 minutes. We cant hit anything in those moments. One funny thing that happened was we were down 6 to Ellis and the Pistons with maybe 15 seconds on the clock. I hit a 3 then we foul. They miss both FTs we come back down I go for the game tying 3 and my controller disconnects in the middle of the shot. Battery was fine though.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #3799
Rookie

If I buy a pair of shoes in the store can I put them on my player for games in the park? I don't have a endorsement

Last question I promise
Old 02-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #3800
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbitman
If I buy a pair of shoes in the store can I put them on my player for games in the park? I don't have a endorsement

Last question I promise
Only if they are 2K shoes. Otherwise no.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »