Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #3849
Rookie

claustin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
No new contracts. Mode is busted. I stopped playing once I realized there was no way to get on my favorite team.
Well the trade method works reasonably well, but it is technically gaming the system. The lack of FA definitely ruins the immersion and takes away a pretty significant career path.

Last edited by claustin; 02-16-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #3850
Pro

lolersaurus's Arena

OVR: 1

Well there is a thread with the method to being traded to your favourite team somewhere on these forums not sure if it works 100% but I've seen it work for a lot of people! it's made by Sir Duke shouldn't be too hard to find

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #3851
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Yeah i know there is a method but honestly it just feels lame doing it that way. I expect games to work and when I find out they don't I just start losing interest. 2k is getting their money though so there is no incentive for them to put a flawless product out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #3852
Rookie

Has anyone figured out a way to change shoes in MyCareer if the career is considered offline? Thanks!
Old 02-17-2014, 01:10 AM   #3853
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Lost my last game, to Toronto but had internet issues.. some kind of maintenance at 1 am so modem was resetting itself.. oddly enough the game counted on my online career luckily.. but didn't get the VC for it.. BUT first thing that happens when I get into the career is I get the starter nod from the coach..so it took 40 games (38 games played of course) .. just about the same as my Center for 76ers had to ride the bench for.

Funny stuff about starting is the pregame stuff.. Corey Brewer talked to me on the plane a few games ago about taking his minutes and him accepting it.. so when I get the starter nod, it's Chase Budinger talking to me about taking minutes.. At least 2k is consistently inconsistent

Last edited by DHMN69; 02-17-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:55 AM   #3854
Just started!

Ok so I'm a 6'7 althetic PG in my 3rd season of MyCareer mode. In my 25th game against the Milwaukee Bucks I noticed that after dunking on Larry Sanders my player looked a lot shorter than he normally is. So I pause the game and check the height and friggin lo and behold he is listed as 6'0 now down from 6'7! HOLY CRAP! WTF!? So naturally I'm pissed. I finish the game against the bucks and start going through a bunch of other players' heights to see if they were affected...They were.

My PG 6'7 ---> 6'0
John Wall 6'4 ---> 6'6
Michael Carter-Williams 6'6 ---> 6'0
Damian Lillard 6'3 ---> 6'8
Aaron Afflalo 6'5 ---> 6'0

There are a handful of other players that had their height adjusted. Is this only happening to me??? I tried googling this and couldn't find any results.
Heeeeelp me!!!!

Oh and of course JACKSON ELLIS is still freakin 6'7 :\
Old 02-17-2014, 02:17 AM   #3855
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maruit
Ok so I'm a 6'7 althetic PG in my 3rd season of MyCareer mode. In my 25th game against the Milwaukee Bucks I noticed that after dunking on Larry Sanders my player looked a lot shorter than he normally is. So I pause the game and check the height and friggin lo and behold he is listed as 6'0 now down from 6'7! HOLY CRAP! WTF!? So naturally I'm pissed. I finish the game against the bucks and start going through a bunch of other players' heights to see if they were affected...They were.

My PG 6'7 ---> 6'0
John Wall 6'4 ---> 6'6
Michael Carter-Williams 6'6 ---> 6'0
Damian Lillard 6'3 ---> 6'8
Aaron Afflalo 6'5 ---> 6'0

There are a handful of other players that had their height adjusted. Is this only happening to me??? I tried googling this and couldn't find any results.
Heeeeelp me!!!!

Oh and of course JACKSON ELLIS is still freakin 6'7 :\

I've seen people talking about this issue on MyGM mode but never on MC. This glitch sometimes happens to players after they fire they coach in MyGM. Did you recently get a new head coach or ask the GM to fire your current one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2014, 02:20 AM   #3856
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Lost my last game, to Toronto but had internet issues.. some kind of maintenance at 1 am so modem was resetting itself.. oddly enough the game counted on my online career luckily.. but didn't get the VC for it.. BUT first thing that happens when I get into the career is I get the starter nod from the coach..so it took 40 games (38 games played of course) .. just about the same as my Center for 76ers had to ride the bench for.

Funny stuff about starting is the pregame stuff.. Corey Brewer talked to me on the plane a few games ago about taking his minutes and him accepting it.. so when I get the starter nod, it's Chase Budinger talking to me about taking minutes.. At least 2k is consistently inconsistent

This happened to me on mycareer with the Sixers. JRich on the plane, then James Anderson in the locker room. Makes no damn sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »