Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-19-2014, 03:45 AM   #3881
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Another game for me with 8 b.s. turnovers .. twice Love didn't catch it.. one an inbound pass where NOBODY got open so I had to throw it Kevin Martin who was standing in the corner when I hit the button to pass, only to have someone appear and steal it.. probably 3 of the turnovers were me trying to ball-handle.. 2 more were idiot teammates handing the ball to me next to the defense.

Of course I get chewed out by Love after the game, as expected even with all the passes to him when he was open.. luckily this sidekick thing seems to go away quickly?

Funny thing on the plane after being chewed out by Love, I'm sitting in the normal seat.. in street clothes..and my player is also sitting in the seat behind with the 'hockey jersey' outfit I bought for Park. Never noticed that b4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 04:08 AM   #3882
Rookie

OVR: 0

The key to realistic, challenging and fun gameplay in this mode is all-star/simulation, and keeping your shot/lay-up/dunk ratings in the 60-70 range.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #3883
Just started!

Has anyone else noticed anything wrong with their camera settings in mycareer? I've only been playing mycareer and last night I got into a game and noticed a) the angle of the camera was flipped (when on defense my goal is closest to the screen and on offense my goal is furthest from the screen). Id never messed w the camera settings and left them at default so I know I didn't screw it up. When I switched the "reverse angle" option the image did flip but after a couple quarters it had my team on the top again oppos ite of what I'm use to and prefer. Also it seems the camera height was changed as was the zoom. Has this happened to anyone else? Can someone post a picture of their default unchanged camera settings?
Old 02-19-2014, 04:59 PM   #3884
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

So I haven't played this game in months. Was waiting for a patch. Mostly for MyGM. But the whole issue with that left a sour taste in my mouth so I didn't touch MyCareer either.

Anyways, I started playing again the other night. I am 6 games away from the all star break in my first season with the Suns (SG). I had forgotten about all the agent stuff. I was in the middle of that when I stopped playing. Last night I got the back of the limo decision one. I accidentally pressed the button on the default option. I was trying to skip dialog (don't ask). Which ened up being the stay with friend option.

So I have a question. How does this actually affect my career. Does this mean I wont get the better endorsements. Or will they just take much longer to get without the big name agent?

He said he had a deal lined up for Adidas and so I was going to sign with him. And after I stayed with my friend, nothing else happened. Got a cut scene where I played 2k with him again. And nothing else has happened. Kinda bummed.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #3885
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Bunch of b.s. against Bulls.. TWolves down 16 in 1st quarter .. I get it to 6 points mostly on my own.. then Shved shoots 3 straight 3's bringing the ball down as the PG ... miss miss miss and he's 1 of 6 total, he doesn't EVER shoot 3 in a GAME in my career until brick city in this one.. lead back to 13 since I didn't get to touch the ball once I got within 1 point of the dynamic goal of back to 5 points.. most pathetic part is Kevin Martin now won't shoot, Love still doesn't shoot yet his tendency is 92.. Rubio didn't take a single shot in 1st half and has 1 assist.. my SF leads the team with 2 first half assists.. Besides my 5 for 9, Shved was 2 of 8 in first half.. I guess being 6 games over .500 was too much for the game to handle so it's time to start losing again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #3886
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
So I haven't played this game in months. Was waiting for a patch. Mostly for MyGM. But the whole issue with that left a sour taste in my mouth so I didn't touch MyCareer either.

Anyways, I started playing again the other night. I am 6 games away from the all star break in my first season with the Suns (SG). I had forgotten about all the agent stuff. I was in the middle of that when I stopped playing. Last night I got the back of the limo decision one. I accidentally pressed the button on the default option. I was trying to skip dialog (don't ask). Which ened up being the stay with friend option.

So I have a question. How does this actually affect my career. Does this mean I wont get the better endorsements. Or will they just take much longer to get without the big name agent?

He said he had a deal lined up for Adidas and so I was going to sign with him. And after I stayed with my friend, nothing else happened. Got a cut scene where I played 2k with him again. And nothing else has happened. Kinda bummed.
Forgot to mention that after this happened, on the social media thing people were talking smack about me. Saying I have issues with my teammates all the sudden, that I don't get along with anyone. My team chemistry is 87?

And that I eat lunch alone in my car. WTF is that all about. It was funny, but I don't get where its coming from. All I did was turn down the shark and stay with the friend. How did that translate into me having teammate issues and eating lunch alone in my car, lol.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #3887
Banned

Wow, I can finally see the award races. About time 2k! (stared a new my career last week).
Old 02-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #3888
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

With D-Rose out.. my TWolves game vs the Bulls has turned into the Kirk Hinrich show.. he's blowing by all of the defense for layup after layup..after layup.. 10 of them in all.. not one of his signature jumpers.. After I turned a 16 point deficit into a tie game.. all of a sudden I get a cold shooter symbol with 4 minutes left and get two open layups blocked by a late defender.

Close to my first ever quadruple double if it weren't for the 2k turnover syndrome.. 19 boards 10 blocks 7 assists 6 turnovers..

Somehow the game let me win this game.. Pekovic with the game winner with 2.2 seconds left.. still thought Hinrich would shoot and hit a buzzer beater the way the game was playing out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »