Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-20-2014, 11:01 PM   #3913
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
So I get picked for the rising star game. And me and Jackson Ellis are on the same team. Duh, we are both rookies. So ...

Why then did I get a coach challenge to shut him down and make sure he doesn't score for the rest of the quarter? He is my teammate. That is just dumb.
I guess you better not pass to him
Old 02-20-2014, 11:07 PM   #3914
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
So I get picked for the rising star game. And me and Jackson Ellis are on the same team. Duh, we are both rookies. So ...

Why then did I get a coach challenge to shut him down and make sure he doesn't score for the rest of the quarter? He is my teammate. That is just dumb.

You and Ellis aren't supposed to be on the same team. It's rookies and sophomores split randomly so I guess there's a chance that you both end up on the same team. As for the challenge, just don't pass to him, that's easy VC. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #3915
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Injury bug hitting the TWolves.. not only did Barea tear up his knee way back the first week of the season.. Kevin Martin has a 4-6 high ankle sprain now.. I guess the game really likes Shabazz Muhammad cause he'll probably be playing 12-15 minutes with the injuries
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 12:31 AM   #3916
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

And now it's MY turn to be injured.. just like when my Center sprained his ankle walking up the court that's how my SF got hurt.. all alone nowhere near the ball.. can't they at LEAST have some contact or something on a shot? 2K got lazy

One question, does the injury carry over to Park? when I got hurt with my Center I went down to a 67 overall but Park rarely worked well enough to try and play.. now it works pretty good

Last edited by DHMN69; 02-21-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:31 AM   #3917
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Wow this is stupid.. I know there's a 'score 20 and help team win' goal to prove you're healthy enough to play.. well, I scored 16 in the first half.. team still got down 14.... I sit for 4 minutes near the end of the 2nd half, come back in with a minute left to be down 24.. down 23 at half.. I sure hope this doesn't mean I lose minutes to injury because the scenario seems to be to lose no matter what
Old 02-21-2014, 02:37 AM   #3918
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
You and Ellis aren't supposed to be on the same team. It's rookies and sophomores split randomly so I guess there's a chance that you both end up on the same team. As for the challenge, just don't pass to him, that's easy VC. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't know it was supposed to be mixed. I thought it was rookies vs sophomores. I don't watch the real game either. Don't care much for All Star weekend. Not since the early 2000's anyways.

He only played 4 minutes the whole game. Never recorded a single stat. So I beat him for the sporting store thing. Pretty dumb.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:38 AM   #3919
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
Who here has beaten Jackson Ellis in that one on one match after your first season? I tried so hard, playing amazing D on him but he hit EVERY freaking shot! Contested fade aways, contested and contact lay ups and the whole shabang. It was kinda ridiculous. I guess he was that salty I beat him out for ROY.
I've seen others have this problem with him. I didn't have the same experience. When I played him his go-to move was backing me down and shooting a contested jumper. I think he only scored 11 points. He was PIIIIIIIIIIISSED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity773
Started a 3pt SG and I wanna know whats a good jump shot, something compared to norris cole shot in nba 2k13
A lot of people say Carmelo's jumper is money. I love MJ's, personally. I never paid attention to Norris Cole's shot though, so sorry if that doesn't help you.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:00 AM   #3920
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggem Riggs
Hey guys I've noticed when playing mycareer that my streak icons are only visible after a whistle and only when the ball is not in play. It also seems like they are not working either I'll miss wide open 3s after it dissapears and my 3pt rating is 96 w/ gear on plus dead eye. I know that heat streaks don't guarantee that you make every shot but I've noticed a difference from when they used to stay visible. Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it?
Yeah icons aren't showing all the time, just for a couple of secs after a change of possession. On PS4 you bring them up by pressing the touch button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »