Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-04-2014, 04:33 AM   #4025
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Started playing my PF again with the Lakers, trying to drag them into the playoffs. Things are alot more fun now that I've "unlocked" alley-oops - we blew out the Pelicans and they were in a full court press for much of the 4th quarter, leaving the paint wide open, giving me plenty of opportunities to call for oops. Finished the game with 5 or 6 of them, bumping my tendency to 100. Hopefully I won't have to call for them every time now.

Tried something different with my badges for this game. I already had Floor General and Defensive Anchor equipped, and in an effort to further boost my teammates I equipped Spark Plug (your big plays rallies your teammates and gives them a rhythm boost) which seemed to make a difference. Some guys that would rarely get shots off actually took them now, we finished the game on the north side of 50% shooting which has been rare, and my guys played better defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #4026
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen0899
You might have to wait until your 5th year because I was playing my GM and my pick was 8th and my rookie had a two year deal plus a two year team option
This is MyCareer thread and there is no free agency.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #4027
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrunner
Must be nice to be a starter. I lead my team (Portland) in scoring at 22.6 pg, shooting 48% and 88% from free throw, yet I'm still the 6th man 60 games into the season. Then again, maybe with my scoring I'm more valuable as a 6th man.
I haven't actually played a game yet, just got the message after last game then I turned off. But finally. I was averaging around 29 points and 8 assists as a pg still did not start. Even while I was still in Philly and Carter Williams was injured several times for a couple of weeks. Still I was not starting.

What position do you play?
Old 03-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #4028
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexGreyHawk
Just started my first MYCareer and got drafted by the Hawks. Yep, they suck. No defense at all. Pretty hard to win. I didn't even get to play the first few games.

Finally getting a few minutes now and averaging 10pts and 5 boards. Hard to improve my attributes with the paltry minutes I'm getting.

Assists are hard to come by because those damn posts either wait too long to shoot or miss every time I pass it to them and like you said, the rest of the team just stands there.
Exactly!

Horford and Millsap either take way too long time, or they miss real easy shots. And on pick and rolls they set the screen, and just stand there all the time, they never then cut to the basket so I can pass to them. I am strongly considering demanding a trade as soon as I sit down with the GM the next time. I will first see how it is now that I am a starter.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #4029
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redarmy81
I haven't actually played a game yet, just got the message after last game then I turned off. But finally. I was averaging around 29 points and 8 assists as a pg still did not start. Even while I was still in Philly and Carter Williams was injured several times for a couple of weeks. Still I was not starting.

What position do you play?
SG. I just had a sit down with the GM and he told me they are about ready to start me, not quite yet tho. I also had a guy on the plane come up and tell me he thinks I will be taking his starting job soon. Odd thing is, he hasn't started all season either.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #4030
Rookie

I was drafted by 76'ERS as a Scoring Point Guard and was traded to Toronto Raptors. I'm in the 2nd round of the playoffs in my 1st Season, but they have me starting at shooting guard and for awhile had DeRozen coming off the bench. When I do play PG, the coach rarely calls a play, and when he does, its the same 3 plays for me or an iso play for Derozen. When I do press L1 for Smart Play, the blue circle comes up, but as I get to it, it changes the play to isolation for my player. There is no movement on offense, and unless I score 30 ppg, we don't win. I have it on All Star Sim because otherwise I'm shooting 80% from the field in Default settings so I wanted something more realistic.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2014, 03:37 PM   #4031
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Ok. So I've had 3 straight 30 pt games. Last game I had 34 pts, 4 blocks, 5 rebounds, 4 assts, 2 steals. Starting PG is injured so who starts the next game at SG? A player who is avg 7 mins a game. Riiiiiiiiight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #4032
Rookie

Icon9 Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drspringroll
This is MyCareer thread and there is no free agency.
I can read

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »