Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2014, 10:18 PM   #4049
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Man, I hate the 2K camera on fast breaks. 2 point game with 20 seconds to go, I steal it straight after they inbound it and as I go for the dunk the camera flips and I do some weird spin move and end up turning the ball over and we lose the game lol. I wish there was an option for it to just switch without a transition.

Is that not an option? I haven't checked 2k14 but in the past you could choose to play without the camera switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #4050
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Is that not an option? I haven't checked 2k14 but in the past you could choose to play without the camera switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can, but it's not really the same. The camera is behind the backboard on defense which gets kinda annoying, plus you'd have to go into the settings and flip it after every half. I forget what it looks like when you turn the setting off tbh, I messed around with it in my first month with the game but haven't since.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #4051
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Does anyone know how to increase dunk tendency?
Yeah, by dunking alot. Dunk tendency doesn't seem to make much of a difference, but if you want to bump it up for some reason, try to focus on finishes that would realistically end up in a dunk, and don't do much of anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #4052
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

Oh my god. Ersan Ilyasova just threw the worst pass I've ever seen. I don't even have words. I'll try to post a video or pictures soon. That was hilarious.

I haven't updated this in a while, but here goes. My 6'3 SG/PG just asked for a trade from the Bucks. I'm just not happy with the team, my teammates, our play, etc.

Hopefully I get traded to a contender (my first choice is OKC, obviously), but I'll take what I can get.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #4053
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
So can you change shoe deals at any time in this or are you stuck with whatever deal you get first? I signed with the other agent and am with Adidas, but I'd rather go either Jordan or Nike. My player mentions Jordan and Nike to the agent in the cutscene and he tells him those will come in time. Does that mean I'll actually get the chance to leave Adidas at some point for one of the others or is it like past 2K's where you're just stuck for life.
you can choose between adidas, Nike and Jordan at the start of the second season
Old 03-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #4054
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Yeah, by dunking alot. Dunk tendency doesn't seem to make much of a difference, but if you want to bump it up for some reason, try to focus on finishes that would realistically end up in a dunk, and don't do much of anything else.
Thanks, I appreciate the response. You're right, it doesn't seem to matter. My guy has a 39 dunk tendency and he still posterizes lots of people so I guess I'll just keep playing on.

Also, has anyone noticed anything different when playing different positions?

*I play on HOF Sim*

I originally had a 6 foot 1 PG that was drafted to the Suns, got him up to about a 92 overall and then I made the switch from XB1 to PS4 so I lost that. I recently made a new one on PS4 with a 6 foot 8 SF and I am finding it a lot easier to win games, come back from big deficits, and score lights out. I also spent some money on VC to make my player good because 1) got drafted to the Bobcats and 2) I don't have time to play this game endlessly and upgrade slowly all over again. I want to try and get through my first season or 2 and make the HOF before 2K15 comes out. So far I am about 14 games in and I'm averaging an absurd 48 PPG, 7.5 RPG, and like 4 APG. Granted, my guy is a pretty high overall with sig skills, but at the end my PG was pretty good and I found it to be much harder.

Maybe I just suck at being a PG, I found it hard to get my teammates involved sometimes due to the poor A.I. in this game so maybe that's it. As of now, my SF plays like Carmelo 2.0 and I love it. I also play defense much better than Melo, so that helps too. With my (SF) I feel like I have more control over the outcome of the game even if we are getting smoked. We beat the Heat by 20

Just curious, anyone else find it different?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #4055
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Thanks, I appreciate the response. You're right, it doesn't seem to matter. My guy has a 39 dunk tendency and he still posterizes lots of people so I guess I'll just keep playing on.

Also, has anyone noticed anything different when playing different positions?

*I play on HOF Sim*

I originally had a 6 foot 1 PG that was drafted to the Suns, got him up to about a 92 overall and then I made the switch from XB1 to PS4 so I lost that. I recently made a new one on PS4 with a 6 foot 8 SF and I am finding it a lot easier to win games, come back from big deficits, and score lights out. I also spent some money on VC to make my player good because 1) got drafted to the Bobcats and 2) I don't have time to play this game endlessly and upgrade slowly all over again. I want to try and get through my first season or 2 and make the HOF before 2K15 comes out. So far I am about 14 games in and I'm averaging an absurd 48 PPG, 7.5 RPG, and like 4 APG. Granted, my guy is a pretty high overall with sig skills, but at the end my PG was pretty good and I found it to be much harder.

Maybe I just suck at being a PG, I found it hard to get my teammates involved sometimes due to the poor A.I. in this game so maybe that's it. As of now, my SF plays like Carmelo 2.0 and I love it. I also play defense much better than Melo, so that helps too. With my (SF) I feel like I have more control over the outcome of the game even if we are getting smoked. We beat the Heat by 20

Just curious, anyone else find it different?
Its harder for good shorter players to have a bigger impact on the game than a good taller player. The size difference makes it easier to impact your team in greater ways. Thats why point guardswho are the best players on their teams never win championships with exception of Isiah Thomas, Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups. And those guys had very strong teams around them as well. The best players in the league are guys big enough ro defend multiple positions and rebound yet with the versatility and playmaking ability to make plays and score from the perimeter and from the post. Thats why the best players in the league from normally been 6'8ish guys like Lebron, Durant, George, Carmelo, McGrady, Kobe, Jordan, Pippen, Drexler, Magic, Bird, etc. In 2k14, Small forwards are a walking mismatch every night and are the most versatile players in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #4056
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Its harder for good shorter players to have a bigger impact on the game than a good taller player. The size difference makes it easier to impact your team in greater ways. Thats why point guardswho are the best players on their teams never win championships with exception of Isiah Thomas, Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups. And those guys had very strong teams around them as well. The best players in the league are guys big enough ro defend multiple positions and rebound yet with the versatility and playmaking ability to make plays and score from the perimeter and from the post. Thats why the best players in the league from normally been 6'8ish guys like Lebron, Durant, George, Carmelo, McGrady, Kobe, Jordan, Pippen, Drexler, Magic, Bird, etc. In 2k14, Small forwards are a walking mismatch every night and are the most versatile players in the league.
Good point, I originally chose a PG because I wanted to have the ball all the time (bc the CPU is pretty bad at this) and influence my team, however with my SF I am finding that I'm influencing my team just as much, if not more. Plus with the "On the Court Coach" sig skill you can get the ball whenever you want and call players/switch up offensive and defensive sets.

I wanted to make a SF because like you said they are versatile and I wanted a chance to shutdown Lebron, PG, Melo, KD, etc. every time we played them

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »