Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #4089
Rookie

claustin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybirds233
Okay, so can you or can you not hit free agency in MyCareer? I'd like to know because if not, I'm asking for a trade ASAP because I'm an 81 overall PG for the Bobcats putting up 30-40 a game but my team is absolutely terrible and can't win a game. So is there a free agency in MyCareer or is it still non-existent?
Do the trade. Only way we're getting FA is if they patch it in.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #4090
Just started!

Whats the difference between alley oop tendency 2 and 88 for example in terms of how succesfull/impressive the alley oop will be when dunking it in the park? Or is it basically the same? My tendency is 2, even though ive been catching and throwing them down atleast twice a game.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #4091
Rookie

OVR: 4

So wit the Bucks I'm sitting at 22-12. However, we're now really thin up front. Henson is out for the season with a torn MCL, Sanders is out 6-8 weeks with a broken arm, Ilyasova is out 2 weeks with a bruised tailbone, and Delfino is out 2 weeks with a torn tricep.
Udoh has been starting the last two games and has played well (20.5 ppg, 10 rpg) but now Jeff Adrien will be playing 35 mpg at the 4. Playing 6 mpg with him was a pain in the butt so I can imagine how is gonna translate with big minutes.
On a brighter note, I started my first game against the Warriors and finished with 40 points and 17 assists, albeit in a loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #4092
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Okay, so can you or can you not hit free agency in MyCareer? I'd like to know because if not, I'm asking for a trade ASAP because I'm an 81 overall PG for the Bobcats putting up 30-40 a game but my team is absolutely terrible and can't win a game. So is there a free agency in MyCareer or is it still non-existent?

You can NOT
Old 03-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #4093
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
There is no free agency in My Career. The only way to escape the Cats is to ask for a trade. At least you can be happy that you can't get traded to a worse team!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:22 AM   #4094
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews
There is no free agency in My Career. The only way to escape the Cats is to ask for a trade. At least you can be happy that you can't get traded to a worse team!
Thats the problem. You can go to a worse team. 76ers, jazz, bucks, magic. And thats considering the Cats are underrated in this game in terms of defense.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:03 AM   #4095
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Lew
Whats the difference between alley oop tendency 2 and 88 for example in terms of how succesfull/impressive the alley oop will be when dunking it in the park? Or is it basically the same? My tendency is 2, even though ive been catching and throwing them down atleast twice a game.
No difference in terms of successfully completing alley-oops, but a high tendency makes teammates throw them to you without you having to call for them, as well as actually going through with the lob more often when you do call for it.

Every time I make a new career I call for oops during the showcase, 'cause you do have a tendency for oops before the showcase. No need then to throw a self oop once you're in the NBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #4096
MVP

OVR: 13

I've played 2K every year since the Dreamcast - but this is the first time I ever played MyPlayer. I'm not gonna lie - I got hooked. Here's my recap

The Good
  • Created a 6'11" athletic center from Cornell. Went 12th in the draft - after Jackson Ellis
  • Playing as center - i dominate the ball on almost most possessions - and I don't ever call for the ball. As soon as I post up my teammates are looking for me. I have now figured out where to go - how to move. In a good flow.
  • 32 pts & 2.4 blocks per game. My shooting % is .653 ...needless to say I am Rookie of the Year.
  • Drafted by by Blazers - but did the "trick" to get to my Knicks. Best decision ever - although the Blazers went on to have the best record in the league
  • I have dominated Jackson Ellis every time I face him - minus the rookie showcase
  • Made All Star team, and all NBA and defensive squads.

The Bad
  • The cutscenes are great - but not being able to skip them pretty much means I will only do this one time.
  • My team at times plays defense that make me want to kill kittens. I couldn't be more frustrated.
  • The Dynamic goals are often inappropriate and anti - team. For example - you want me to score 10 straight points? So I should ignore the open man under the basket so I can get "mine"?
  • Why - oh WHY - can't Dorris ever interview ME after the game? I score 62 and you interview Tyson Chander when he scored 4 points?

The Ugly
  • Jackson Ellis dropped 45 on me in the rookie showcase. This was on Rookie difficulty at that. That was disturbing. (I've since moved up to HOF level)
  • The drama is too scripted. Takes away from the fun at times.
  • The Super agent is a real jerk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »