Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #4105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Just noticed something funny. At least two of the face presets available for MyPlayers are actually scans from actual NBA players. #17 is Erik Murphy of the Bulls and #18 is Nate Wolters of the Bucks. Wish theyd have ripped the faces of some mean looking guys instead...

Dont know if anyone else has found out about this little trick so Ill share. If you get drafted by a team youre not stoked about going to you can just exit out and reload - the draft will be redone and you may get a different destination.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #4106
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Does anyone know how to unlock the defensive anchor and primetime personality badges?

I restarted my MyCareer and got drafted 4th overall to the Bobcats. It's actually not so bad, I hate the jerseys and logo but the team is doing alright. Currently in the 6th seed and sitting at 15-12, we've won 6 in a row and I beat the Heat twice by a margin of 15...playing on HOF Sim by the way.

I'm 27 games in and I already have the Floor General badge, I know this mode is fairly scripted but it seems as if things are moving a few games ahead of pace as compared to my last MyCareer save.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #4107
Rookie

Not sure if this is widely known information but I thought I'd just post it anyway. For those of you who use the MyNBA2K app for the free daily VC, you can open two VC letters a day if you hit the back key as soon as the VC number pops up. Your VC shouldn't update and you can still click on 'Daily VC' and do it one more time before it no longer works for 24 hours. After the second time it'll update your VC with the two amounts you received.

Not sure if this actually works for other people but I've been doing it for like a month now and it has worked 99% of the time. Sometimes it won't give you the 24 hour countdown so you'll just have to know when 24 hours has passed before you can do it again.

Last edited by Deej; 03-12-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #4108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Not sure if this is widely known information but I thought I'd just post it anyway. For those of you who use the MyNBA2K app for the free daily VC, you can open two VC letters a day if you hit the back key as soon as the VC number pops up. Your VC shouldn't update and you can still click on 'Daily VC' and do one more time before it no longer works for 24 hours. After the second time it'll update your VC with the two amounts you received.

Not sure if this actually works for other people but I've been doing it for like a month now and it has worked 99% of the time. Sometimes it won't give you the 24 hour countdown so you'll just have to know when 24 hours has passed before you can do it again.
I do this too. Once I was able to open three envelopes but then it bugged out and the app became non responsive for 24 hours. After that it was fine again.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #4109
Rookie

Defensive anchor is "performance" related I believe, not sure how exactly to unlock it but it always does sooner or later in my experience. Primetime requires 2.5 million national fans or somesuch to unlock.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #4110
Rookie

Is there any way to change the team playbook in MyCareer? I really haven't been a fan of a lot of the playbooks on the teams I've been traded to apart from the Kings'.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #4111
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33

I've played 2K every year since the Dreamcast - but this is the first time I ever played MyPlayer. I'm not gonna lie - I got hooked. Here's my recap

The Good
  • Created a 6'11" athletic center from Cornell. Went 12th in the draft - after Jackson Ellis
  • Playing as center - i dominate the ball on almost most possessions - and I don't ever call for the ball. As soon as I post up my teammates are looking for me. I have now figured out where to go - how to move. In a good flow.
  • 32 pts & 2.4 blocks per game. My shooting % is .653 ...needless to say I am Rookie of the Year.
  • Drafted by by Blazers - but did the "trick" to get to my Knicks. Best decision ever - although the Blazers went on to have the best record in the league
  • I have dominated Jackson Ellis every time I face him - minus the rookie showcase
  • Made All Star team, and all NBA and defensive squads.

The Bad
  • The cutscenes are great - but not being able to skip them pretty much means I will only do this one time.
  • My team at times plays defense that make me want to kill kittens. I couldn't be more frustrated.
  • The Dynamic goals are often inappropriate and anti - team. For example - you want me to score 10 straight points? So I should ignore the open man under the basket so I can get "mine"?
  • Why - oh WHY - can't Dorris ever interview ME after the game? I score 62 and you interview Tyson Chander when he scored 4 points?

The Ugly
  • Jackson Ellis dropped 45 on me in the rookie showcase. This was on Rookie difficulty at that. That was disturbing. (I've since moved up to HOF level)
  • The drama is too scripted. Takes away from the fun at times.
  • The Super agent is a real jerk

is a center fun?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #4112
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Requested a trade from the Sixers got traded to the Kings. What a difference. Its like the 76ers are programmed to play with no heart. We were getting slaughtered every game. 2-1 with the Kings and that loss was a 1 point loss to the Heat. Guys are playing smarter, knocking down shots. Thomas actually shoots when I pass it to him unlike MCW. Enjoying this team much more, lets see how it holds up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »