Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #4113
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

54 careers later and finally get picked where I want to go, Detroit. FU 2k, lol.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #4114
Rookie

can you sign to converse in game and if so when? I want to look like one of those old school ballers
Old 03-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #4115
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redarmy81
Exactly!

Horford and Millsap either take way too long time, or they miss real easy shots. And on pick and rolls they set the screen, and just stand there all the time, they never then cut to the basket so I can pass to them. I am strongly considering demanding a trade as soon as I sit down with the GM the next time. I will first see how it is now that I am a starter.
I had a great season with the hawks my rookie year... Mvp rookie of the year 1st team nba rookie and defense ... Averaged like 35 and 8 at the pg position ... Won the championship then they traded people and lost em in free agency so i asked for a trade.. Now im on the lakers with kobe and lebron
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #4116
MVP

So I'm playing the Clippers in the playoffs and goddamn they are annoying lol. Anyway whenever it seems like I start to pull away or catch up with they run the same play that never seems to fail.
They basically put Crawford and Jamison on one side then on the other cp3 and Blake run a high PnR with Barnes in the corner. This always results in unneeded over helping leaving Barnes wide open, where he does not miss.
I'm wondering if there is anything I can do about this like going to a zone or something. Anyone ever find a way to defend this play or have any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2014, 04:38 AM   #4117
Rookie

goduke30's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gucci Fruit
can you sign to converse in game and if so when? I want to look like one of those old school ballers
That's not happening bud only Nike Adidas and Jordan
Old 03-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #4118
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Any way to tone down the outside shooting? I'm pg for the pistons and just played my 10th game. I'm playing all-star default while I'm still learning the game after 6 years of current gen. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being able to make more shots but the CPU hardly scores inside even after setting the game to real player percentages.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #4119
Rookie

daenius's Arena

OVR: 3

This mode is p****ing me off.

I'm a rookie SF on the Hawks and probably the only one on the team that's playing well. As of now I am playing 28 MPG and my role is sixth man. I am averaging 25ppg/4.3apg/3.8rpg.

BUT:
Anytime I go off for 30+ points, 4-5 assists and a couple of rebounds I get called into the coach's office, where he tells me that if I'm not showing him what he wants I'm not getting more playing time.

I just played a game vs the Wizards in which I led my team to a 10-point lead, then I'm subbed out. As soon as I am subbed in again, we're trailing by 12 and I get a dynamic goal saying "now you can prove yourself, turn the game around." I ended up scoring 42pts with 5 assists and 4 rebounds, we still lost by 5 though.
Then I'm thrown into the postgame presser where I am asked "You've played some minutes in garbage time, although you didn't really make an impression. What are your comments on that?". Cool. So I try to answer pro-team, then I get called into the coach's office and get my *** handed to me about not getting it done last game, he understands I am a rookie but those are the moments where I have to prove myself (right, the rookie. Not one of the "star" players needs to drag his team to the win, the rookie has to do that.)

And who made Elton Brand (yes, he's on the Hawks in my career) the freaking boogie man? Every other game he's trying to bully me into some stupid **** - wearing a clown nose to all off-court activities 2K, seriously? You couldn't come up with anything more realistic? And once I rejected his ingenious suggestion I lost 5% of team chemistry.
Then, out of nowhere, during a practice drill, I somehow automatically push Elton Brand during practice and a cutscene where one of the coaches gives me a lecture about "that's just how the guys welcome the rookies to the team." starts. Give me a break.

I really don't get this mode. I've led the Hawks to third place in the conference and a 13-5 record so far and all I am getting for it is less minutes and non-realistic scenarios.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:51 AM   #4120
Pro

OVR: 9

I have a 6'5 all around SG drafted 1st round pick 11 to the 76ers I am a starter now with a 810vr rating.

through 35games I average 25.9minutes 26.9ppg 4.8rpg 6.7apg 2.3spg 1.9bpg on .525FG% and .3283PT% and .854FT%

I enjoy playing for the 76ers but we suck because we have no other scoring options besides myself. my player likes to attack the paint and dish it back outside to the wide open 3pt shooter but the only 3pt shooter we have is Jason Richardson but he isn't consistent enough and usually is always covered since the CPU knows they can leave MCW open because he wont shoot it. Jason averages 12.3ppg

It sucks that our PG MCW will never take open shots anywhere on the court unless its in the paint which is upsetting for me since I attack the basket so much and get double teamed often. MCW averages 7.2ppg

Other way I like to score is driving to the paint and dishing to the wide open big man on the other side of the post or underneath the rim. I got Noel with a 17.6ppg. Which would be great if the PF was producing at the same level BUT Thaddeus Young is always on the perimeter despite the in-ability to make/take 3pt shots. IF he were in the paint more I would be able to give him the ball in a positon to score more.our PF only averages 13.6ppg

The real problem offensively is our PG lack of scoring but I am fine with that because I like his size and intangibles and can only hope he will develop a shot.

I really think we need a young good scoring SF or a true PF that plays in the post, rebounds and can make a few mid range shots. I was wondering who I can ask the GM to get that can fill this role.

But also I am getting tired of losing and was wonder if I can/should ask to get traded to the Bulls which I picked as my favorite team and where I wanted to go. I would love to go play in my hometown but if and only if in the trade the Bulls wouldn't lose Rose,Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson or Joakim Noah. is that possible if so I would love to do that also the Bulls are really interested in me.

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »