Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-17-2014, 02:36 AM   #4121
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Played my former team the 76ers. Rallied from a 17 point deficit to beat them by 9. Went 13-13 from the field for 29points 5reb 5ast. Only got 75vc for going 100% from the field, expected more than that. My player just got hot. 4th quarter I hit this jumper with Turner all over me to take my first lead. After that I just knew I was gonna go perfect from the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 03:43 AM   #4122
MVP

OVR: 0

Just finished my first season with the Sixers and I got to say, I'm disappointed with how little player movement there is in the offseason.
We've got pretty much the same team as last year. For some reason we just extended our expiring contracts instead of getting new players. We lost Lavoy, Thompson, and Williams to add Isaiah Thomas and two rookies. I like IT as our new 6th man, but I don't like how we still have Lorenzo Brown on our team. With Brown and the new rookie, there are now two players on my team wearing #7. Also JRich my only other shooter is now at the end of the bench with 4 mpg.
MCW and Noel have gotten a bit of a ratings boost. MCW went from 77 to 83 and Noel went from 72 to 77. Hopefully MCW starts shooting a bit more now.
I took a quick look around the league to see that most teams still look the same. This is really disappointing to me because I've read so many other posts of how different the league looks for other people. The only move I see is Melo to the Mavs. The big three are all still Miami with the team well above the salary cap.
I'm not really sure how much longer I'll be playing this mode. I wish there would be an option to ask the GM to trade players or ask for new teammates like in past 2ks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2014, 03:48 AM   #4123
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013

Other way I like to score is driving to the paint and dishing to the wide open big man on the other side of the post or underneath the rim. I got Noel with a 17.6ppg. Which would be great if the PF was producing at the same level BUT Thaddeus Young is always on the perimeter despite the in-ability to make/take 3pt shots. IF he were in the paint more I would be able to give him the ball in a positon to score more.our PF only averages 13.6ppg

If you buy the sig skill on court coach you can change your offensive set to 3out 2in which will keep Thad inside the perimeter. It costs quite a bit of VC and the skill doesn't work as it's supposed to but it'll keep Thad inside.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:15 AM   #4124
Pro

OVR: 9

wait so u never get to ask for new players u want to trade for? well if that is true I will surely be asking to get traded to the Bulls

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 03-17-2014, 05:28 AM   #4125
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013
wait so u never get to ask for new players u want to trade for? well if that is true I will surely be asking to get traded to the Bulls

You get to tell the GM to trade one of your teammates but your only options are the veteran, the leader or random. I'd say just ask for the trade or ask for the team leader to be traded(they end up trading you).
Be careful about asking for a trade because they usually just trade you somewhere random regardless of team interest. But hey it can't get much worse than where you are now right?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 07:33 AM   #4126
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

What's up with all the teammate injuries? Drummond is out, Monroe is out, and I have josh harrelson and Jonas jerebko starting. Harrelson is putting up huge numbers in their absence tho so it's not terrible.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:15 PM   #4127
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
is a center fun?

Yes and no. I like the simplicity of it. I set screens and then park my behind down low. If I don't get the ball within 3 seconds...move...rinse...repeat. I never call for the ball yet the CPU teammates look for me on 60% of possession so it's a lot of touches. And blocking shots (I led the league with 2.5/game) is awesome. Nothing better - nothing better than schooling opposing centers down on that block! Post up, jump fakes, hook shots, fadeaways ... My repertoire of moves is large.

It's bad in a sense that I am limited to where I can be effective on the court and my participation in the game is dependent on my PG. So when I don't get touches.. I feel totally removed from the outcome at times. And if we are down by more than 4 points late in games...I have no impact on outcome as 3s star getting launched.

But I am dominating on HOF so bump it. It's all good!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #4128
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius
This mode is p****ing me off.

I'm a rookie SF on the Hawks and probably the only one on the team that's playing well. As of now I am playing 28 MPG and my role is sixth man. I am averaging 25ppg/4.3apg/3.8rpg.

BUT:

Anytime I go off for 30+ points, 4-5 assists and a couple of rebounds I get called into the coach's office, where he tells me that if I'm not showing him what he wants I'm not getting more playing time.

I just played a game vs the Wizards in which I led my team to a 10-point lead, then I'm subbed out. As soon as I am subbed in again, we're trailing by 12 and I get a dynamic goal saying "now you can prove yourself, turn the game around." I ended up scoring 42pts with 5 assists and 4 rebounds, we still lost by 5 though.

Then I'm thrown into the postgame presser where I am asked "You've played some minutes in garbage time, although you didn't really make an impression. What are your comments on that?". Cool. So I try to answer pro-team, then I get called into the coach's office and get my *** handed to me about not getting it done last game, he understands I am a rookie but those are the moments where I have to prove myself (right, the rookie. Not one of the "star" players needs to drag his team to the win, the rookie has to do that.)

And who made Elton Brand (yes, he's on the Hawks in my career) the freaking boogie man? Every other game he's trying to bully me into some stupid **** - wearing a clown nose to all off-court activities 2K, seriously? You couldn't come up with anything more realistic? And once I rejected his ingenious suggestion I lost 5% of team chemistry.

Then, out of nowhere, during a practice drill, I somehow automatically push Elton Brand during practice and a cutscene where one of the coaches gives me a lecture about "that's just how the guys welcome the rookies to the team." starts. Give me a break.

I really don't get this mode. I've led the Hawks to third place in the conference and a 13-5 record so far and all I am getting for it is less minutes and non-realistic scenarios.

This is pretty much scripted so don't take it personal. Keep those stats up and you WILL be starting. I got the same cutscene from the coach for not getting in done in a game I scored 30 off the bench and we won. Next cutscene a few games later I score 20 and he says I am getting it done and giving me more minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »