Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #4129
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Just had a random number generator fail. Leading by 30 against the bucks at the half. I'm not starting yet so I don't start the second half. Instead I come in at the beginning of the 4th down by 15. I looked at team stats and they outscored us 47-10. Lol what? Had to restart the game on principle for that one.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #4130
Rookie

Can anyone confirm if attribute boosting accessories work if the stat is already maxed out? I have a +3 medium sleeve but it still says my rating is 92. Does it just not show the increase in the stats menu or something?
Old 03-18-2014, 12:24 AM   #4131
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Alright! The computer stopped subbing out anyone on my team for the entirety of the game! Guess we don't need bench players anymore!

Seriously, anyone know how to fix this? I'm going to guess the answer is: "No, you're screwed".

Edit: Nevermind. Once Carmelo came back from injury, they started subbing guys out again. Perhaps the coach was so mad he got injured that he just stopped paying attention in games.

Last edited by BA2929; 03-18-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 02:50 AM   #4132
MVP

For the last 10 or so games my team isn't playing any defense. It feels like I'm back playing with a team with low chemistry like at the beginning of the game.
My teammates and I can score plenty of points, but we can't seem to get any stops anymore. Every time the other team scores it's either a layup or wide open jumper. It's like my team isn't paying any attention on defense. Our defense was amazing the last month of last season and in the playoffs so it's really frustrating how bad we are right now.
It really feels like I'm starting over again with low chemistry. I saw my locals fans rating dropped from the 90s to the 70s for some reason, which leads to a smaller team defensive bonus. I think this might be the problem. Anyone know a way to raise this?
Also I just simmed to the next key game and a headline said that I'm making my first start of my career. Even though I'm in the second season and have been starting game 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2014, 02:55 AM   #4133
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Can anyone confirm if attribute boosting accessories work if the stat is already maxed out? I have a +3 medium sleeve but it still says my rating is 92. Does it just not show the increase in the stats menu or something?

As far as I know it will push you past your cap. You can try checking the stats during the game. Just pause, go to the box score and click in the right stick over your player. Then you can scroll through stats, ratings, etc. if the increase doesn't show there then I would say it doesn't work.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #4134
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Yes, they push past your stat cap. There is a way to check this, if you go to the player upgrades menu and the over to the menu where you can by attribute upgrades for 1 game, 3 games, and 5 games it will show what your rating actually are including with the equipment bonuses.

Hope this helps
Old 03-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #4135
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
As far as I know it will push you past your cap. You can try checking the stats during the game. Just pause, go to the box score and click in the right stick over your player. Then you can scroll through stats, ratings, etc. if the increase doesn't show there then I would say it doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Yes, they push past your stat cap. There is a way to check this, if you go to the player upgrades menu and the over to the menu where you can by attribute upgrades for 1 game, 3 games, and 5 games it will show what your rating actually are including with the equipment bonuses.

Hope this helps
Yeah I just looked in the training boosts menu earlier and the increase shows up in there, thanks.

Also, does anyone else have an issue with accessories not changing unless you back out of MyCareer (or play a game) and go back into it? I wanna change from a white to black sleeve for away games but it's kinda annoying if I have to go back to the main menu every time I wanna change it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #4136
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
This is pretty much scripted so don't take it personal. Keep those stats up and you WILL be starting. I got the same cutscene from the coach for not getting in done in a game I scored 30 off the bench and we won. Next cutscene a few games later I score 20 and he says I am getting it done and giving me more minutes.
I had to refuse the clown nose also. I just can't see any NBA player doing that.
Kansas State Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »