Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-23-2014, 03:46 AM   #4169
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Well, he's either the best spot up shooter in history or he's taking all inside shots cuz I'm barely at 33% from deep with an 83 3pt rating. I usually try to take good shots but sometimes I have to throw it up in transition to keep us in the game. I do shoot close to 50 % from the field overall which is still pretty high for a guard.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:45 AM   #4170
Rookie

Anyone else sick of their teammates switching on defence off of inbounds passes? Like there's literally no reason for them to switch (especially with how long it takes the AI to inbound the ball), yet they do it every time which leaves me guarding a center in the paint.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #4171

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Shooting 63% for a guard? Might be time to turn up the difficulty home. Lol
I'm already playing on HOF. Most of my shots are inside, doesn't make a lot of sense to chuck up threes and bad shots when I have Curry and Klay Thompson on my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #4172
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Well that makes sense. Lol
Old 03-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #4173
Just started!

Hopefully someone can help me here:

So I had my first shoe custom making already with Nike, I opted for the +4 3PT boost. However, I'm not sure if the shoes are bugged or it's just a glitch but the boost keeps coming off.

What I mean by that is when I go to the My Shoes submenu in MyCareer and equip them, my 94 3PT goes to a 98 at least according to my player card and stays that way when I check it the first game I go into.

However, when I come out of the game, quit MyCareer, or check them in the closet although it still shows me wearing the shoes when I see my player and I check my player card stats I'm back to a 94.

My 3PT does cap at 90, but I already boosted it with 2 long sleeves for the 94 so I don't think it's because it can't exceed the stat cap.

Can anyone give me some insight on what the hell it's doing? I'd like to keep that 98 obviously and I can't tell if it's there in Blacktop although likewise it shows my player wearing the shoes.

Appreciate any insight.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #4174
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Well, he's either the best spot up shooter in history or he's taking all inside shots cuz I'm barely at 33% from deep with an 83 3pt rating. I usually try to take good shots but sometimes I have to throw it up in transition to keep us in the game. I do shoot close to 50 % from the field overall which is still pretty high for a guard.

Well if you haven't tried deadeye I would recommend that. Or changing your shooting animations. Some releases and jump shots just don't work well together. My 3pt was below 80 most of the year but I finished shooting 40% from 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #4175

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

I asked for Curry to be traded, insted got traded myself to the Pelicans. I'll take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #4176
Rookie

Out of all the the things that annoy the **** out of me in this mode, alley-oop tendency is the worst. That tendencies dictate what your player can and cant do, first of all, is a joke. That to "unlock" finishing alley-oops you have to throw one to yourself off the board is beyond ridiculous. But it doesnt become completely infuriating until, after working your butt off to bring said tendency to 100, it suddenly reverts back to 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »