Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2014, 06:01 PM   #4209
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

its crazy that as anti social people are on this form they will quickly type the results of their games when other people really don't care. But then never respond to a quality thread about the actual gameplay or mechanics. Times sure have changed

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #4210
Rookie

Finally made a guy I'm going to stick with. He's a 6'4" scoring guard who is basically a replica of Austin Rivers. Got drafted by the Pelicans too.

About five or six games in and he's progressing slowly but surely.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:03 PM   #4211
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Soooo is there any reason in particular that you aren't allowed to change your socks at all? Just wanted to switch up my look a little with some longer socks but I don't see anywhere to actually do it.
Same reason you can't change your number. 2K rushed out a beta product and charged $60 for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #4212
MVP

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Does anyone with multiple mycareers profiles notice any change when you switch between playing them? I was playing on my profile with the Kings and we were on a winning streak, doing well, and shooting pretty high percentages.
I get a little bored and I decide to switch to my 76ers profile where my teammates can't make a shot. Then I switch back to my Kings profile to play with good teammates, and now my they can't make any shots here. My teammates are all missing the wide open shots and lightly contested layups that they had been making the whole season. The only reason I can think of to explain this is because I changed profiles.
Before I switched profiles, the Kings were on a 7 game win streak shooting above 50% fg and 45% from 3 in that span. Now since I changed profiles my team has shot 38% fg and 27% from three. Anyone else ever notice anything like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DJ_Solis; 03-29-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:33 AM   #4213
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Hadn't played much the last 3 weeks.. played the last 2 days to get my all star games done.. my first year player on the sophomore team? .. I forgot how many completely random turnovers you commit .. I had a quadruple double with 10 turnovers.. 12 assists and 18 rebounds in a game just before the all star games.. a hint of lag when hitting the pass button and the open guy now isn't open.. balls going off defenders legs.. what would actually be a kick (when what isn't a kick is called one in 2K).. and still having Rubio run to where I'm standing open and hand me the ball.. then it gets knocked out of my hands.. I can't go 4 minutes into the game without at least 1 if not more of those happening then it snowballs

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 03-30-2014, 01:01 AM   #4214
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Another major injury for my Timberwolves team in this game.. the latest is Corey Brewer.. he was shooting 6 of 6 with 15 points in this current game I'm in and now he's out 4 weeks with an ankle.. Kevin Love hasn't played in 4 weeks of games.. Barea is out the season.. since week 2.. it's so bad the game now has Turiaf AND Shabazz Muhammad playing regular minutes on my team .. somehow Rubio hasn't gotten injured yet.. which would be REALLY pathetic with Barea gone.. not that it can't happen in real life but it would make the game unplayable

Without Kevin Love, Kevin Martin, and Corey Brewer for at least another week NBA time besides Barea..

XBox: DHMNPhotos

Last edited by DHMN69; 03-30-2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:34 AM   #4215
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Injuries are definitely overblown in this game. But it does add an element of adversity to the mode. Lately, I've been having to shoulder the load offensively because monta was out and when he comes back, Dirk is out. I know the game is designed to make you score 30+ ppt but I hate doing it. I wish I could be a 16er on 12 minute quarters but it's impossible when plays break down and its either shoot or lose momentum. A lot of my possessions come down to the shot clock and its either cheese or miss , with cheese being the main course. Oh, monta gets his, but mostly on assists from me. If I tell him to iso or cut, he mostly turns it over or gets a bad shot. Which is kinda who he is, but to a certain extent. Monta makes more baskets inside than out, and on my season it's the opposite. Dirk on the other hand when healthy is more reliable cuz I feedhhim in the post. I wish pick and fade worked better and I could hit him on the trailer in transition more, but when one is out its a 2 man game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 05:41 AM   #4216
Rookie

Alot of complaints about teammates not wanting to take shots, but Id contest its even more frustrating when they always do. The Kings are loaded with shooters and coach often gives them free reign to shoot at will, and when the momentum is against us, every shot is a brick. And since they often shoot early in the clock, our bigs cant get position on the low block to try for rebounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »