Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #4217
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Got drafted as a PG by the Bucs behind Ellis. Wasn’t happy but decided to stick with it.

Mayo went down early in the year but they didn’t make any moves. Every injury I have seen has been on a wide open jumpshot.

I won ROY and MVP by clinching the top seed in the East and posting a stat line of 28.7 PPG, 5.3 RPG and 10.9 APG.

The Playoffs were pretty disappointing as every team we played was missing their best player at my position. We beat the Cavs without Kyrie, Bulls without Rose, Heat without Wade and Spurs without Parker.

Got recruited by LeBron in the offseason, but he stayed with the big 3 in Miami and I was stuck in Milwaukee.

Things were getting stale so I requested a trade at the beginning of season 2 to get some new teammates. Saw my name in the rumor mill being linked to a Roy Hibbert deal and got excited (chose Pacers as favorite team before draft). The GM must have been pretty upset because he ultimately dealt me to the Bobcats to rot.

A few games later I was already missing my scrub teammates. The worst moments in Milwaukee paled in comparison to spending another second in Charlotte.

Now nearing the trade deadline, I decided to try a different tactic. I told the new GM I wasn’t getting along with the best player on the roster and to trade him. About that time, my agent approached me in the tunnel before a game to show me the list of interested teams and the Heat were on top.

A few days later, I got traded to Miami and got a cutscene with LeBron saying how I couldn’t believe we were finally teaming up and mocked him for “The Decision.”

Working my way up from 6th man at the All-Star Break. Don’t mind the role change if it means playing on this team. Any stale feelings I had about the mode are gone now. Unfortunately my number got changed and I seem to be stuck with this new number.

Last edited by JHeyBraves; 03-30-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #4218
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Well...

After playing around 150 games exclusively in MyGM I decided to give MyCareer a whirl. And man, the gameplay is totally broken.

Play Art hardly ever appears and even when it does, it breaks down so fast! What's odd is how it works perfectly in MyCareer scrimmages.

It's beyond me how such a fundamental part of the mode can be this utterly broken? After four patches I'd say it's practically unplayable.

The story so far is phenomenal, so I probably will continue it for a while. But this is really absurd.

If anyone has any advice as to how to get it to work like it does in scrimmage, I'm all ears.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #4219
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

The only injury I've seen in My Career that ISN'T a jump shot .. is my OWN .. and that with both my center and my SF.. was dribbling down the court alone coming up lame.. like the guy walking through the mall and tripping over his own feet..

Strange too, Kevin Durant played in my all star game with a 2 week strained MCL.. coaches/GM's would be fired if he were injured in real life and played in the AS game
Old 03-30-2014, 04:53 PM   #4220
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can manage to get over the scriptedness of some aspects of MyCareer (i.e. forcing me to miss 2 free throws so I get the practice cutscene). I can get over the absolutely insane CPU cheese, like when I go to the bench up by 18, opponent outscores us 42-12 in that quarter. Coach wants me to "show what I can do, bring us back from 20-something point deficit in one quarter. What I CANNOT get over are all the little things that start to pile up, many of which are glitches. My tenacious rebounding center getting outdone by Ty Lawson, Trey Burke, etc... The equipment they want you to spend real money on not being usable. The patches 2K says "will fix X, Y, and Z," but really it only maybe sometimes fixed "X" if you jump through these hoops. But Y and Z are still bad, and now A, B, and C are ****ing up as well.

Sorry for the rant, but come on 2K. Goddamn.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #4221
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Man, Bob from maintenance has a birthday like, every week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #4222
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Man, Bob from maintenance has a birthday like, every week.
LOL so true.. he has got to be nearing 100 years old by now.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #4223
MVP

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Alot of complaints about teammates not wanting to take shots, but Id contest its even more frustrating when they always do. The Kings are loaded with shooters and coach often gives them free reign to shoot at will, and when the momentum is against us, every shot is a brick. And since they often shoot early in the clock, our bigs cant get position on the low block to try for rebounds.

Trust me man, it's a lot better to have teammates that shoot, than ones who don't. I really don't like when I have to score 40 just to win a game and with the Kings I don't have to. Even though players like Outlaw shoot every chance they get, it a whole lot less frustrating than your teammates just holding the ball.
I guess it kind of depends how you like to play. I like to play unselfishly and let my teammates do things on their own. When I play on the Sixers nobody wants to take a shot unless it's the end of the shot clock. However, if you're the kind of guy who likes to score every point for your team then the Kings are not the right team for you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DJ_Solis; 03-30-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #4224
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Well...

After playing around 150 games exclusively in MyGM I decided to give MyCareer a whirl. And man, the gameplay is totally broken.

Play Art hardly ever appears and even when it does, it breaks down so fast! What's odd is how it works perfectly in MyCareer scrimmages.

It's beyond me how such a fundamental part of the mode can be this utterly broken? After four patches I'd say it's practically unplayable.

The story so far is phenomenal, so I probably will continue it for a while. But this is really absurd.

If anyone has any advice as to how to get it to work like it does in scrimmage, I'm all ears.

This is 2k14, nothing works like it supposed to lol if you want to run plays Don't bother getting the on court coach skill because that ****s broken too. Just a word of advice if you were considering it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »