Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #4225
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Went with Gatorade over Kia. Hoping I made the right decision. Lol, but I'm confident because I average 30/10/5 anyways lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 01:18 AM   #4226
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Trust me man, it's a lot better to have teammates that shoot, than ones who don't. I really don't like when I have to score 40 just to win a game and with the Kings I don't have to. Even though players like Outlaw shoot every chance they get, it a whole lot less frustrating than your teammates just holding the ball.
I guess it kind of depends how you like to play. I like to play unselfishly and let my teammates do things on their own. When I play on the Sixers nobody wants to take a shot unless it's the end of the shot clock. However, if you're the kind of guy who likes to score every point for your team then the Kings are not the right team for you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been on plenty of less trigger-happy teams and sure, that's frustrating, but it's incredibly annoying when these scrubs keep chucking up 3s 5 seconds into the shot clock and with a defender right in their face. Mostly, it's annoying because I like to throw down alley-oops and I never get the chance to get in position

Anyways, these issues dissipated over the course of the season. I'm still counted on to score at least 30 to win games though, mostly because we're always down when I come in and I gotta get the momentum swinging in our favor before my teammates can do anything of value. If only they'd fix plays, none of this would matter...
Old 03-31-2014, 01:45 AM   #4227
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
I've been on plenty of less trigger-happy teams and sure, that's frustrating, but it's incredibly annoying when these scrubs keep chucking up 3s 5 seconds into the shot clock and with a defender right in their face. Mostly, it's annoying because I like to throw down alley-oops and I never get the chance to get in position

Anyways, these issues dissipated over the course of the season. I'm still counted on to score at least 30 to win games though, mostly because we're always down when I come in and I gotta get the momentum swinging in our favor before my teammates can do anything of value. If only they'd fix plays, none of this would matter...

Truuuuuu
To me, the fact that auto play calling doesn't work, ruins the game. I still play often but not as much as I would if the plays worked. It's annoying because I'm a shooting guard and like to play off ball and going off screens but I can't.
Every time down, I have to either set a screen or call a post up to get my teammates to do anything. I'm just glad that these guys take and make open threes. On the Sixers, Anderson is the only player that shoots and he is 22% from 3. I think I'm done playing on that profile lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2014, 02:31 AM   #4228
Pro

lolersaurus's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove74
LOL so true.. he has got to be nearing 100 years old by now.

I wonder how old he'd be if 2k combined all the times the GM has said that through everyone's respective games

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2014, 04:11 AM   #4229
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Truuuuuu
To me, the fact that auto play calling doesn't work, ruins the game. I still play often but not as much as I would if the plays worked. It's annoying because I'm a shooting guard and like to play off ball and going off screens but I can't.
Every time down, I have to either set a screen or call a post up to get my teammates to do anything. I'm just glad that these guys take and make open threes. On the Sixers, Anderson is the only player that shoots and he is 22% from 3. I think I'm done playing on that profile lol.
I like the point forward SF for the fact that you can call plays at any time when you have the ball, and still play off the ball on other possessions. But then there are the stat caps that prevent you from maxing out speed etc. Off the ball, I'd say the 4 or 5 are the most enjoyable positions, 'cause screens actually make a difference wrt switching up your defenders. Screening and causing switches as a 2 guard is more or less pointless since you can't create mismatches, at least on my trigger happy Kings which never allows bigs to hold the ball for more than a second at a time.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:33 AM   #4230
Pro

OVR: 9

with 12 games left in the season and my SG looking like he can possibly win MVP, ROY, and DPOY with averages of 30.6ppg 5.2rpg 8.3apg 3.1spg 2.0bpg on 54%FG 39%3pt 85%FT
for the 76ers and us looking like a lock for the 8th seed in the playoffs.

I have decided to foul out in the 1st quarter for these last few games because its just so unrealistic that the 76ers would make the playoffs with this squad we have also due to the fact I want us to have a higher draft pick and hopefully get a starting caliber SF.

So its my way of tanking lol and if it makes me miss out on some of those awards that would be good too because I don't wanna win all of them anyway

so hopefully I can lose and have a fresh start next season with a newer and more improved 76ers squad.

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 03-31-2014, 09:06 AM   #4231
Pro

OVR: 9

well something amazing just happened after I fouled out of those last 12 games

my averages ended up dropping to 28ppg 4.6rpg 7.5apg 2.8spg 1.8bpg

I ended up winning multiple awards
1st Team All NBA
League Leader in Points
League Leader in Steals
Defensive Player
1st Team All-Defense
R.O.Y
1st Team All-Rookie

awards I lost by simulating the last 12 games
MVP
League Leader in Blocks
o well idc

Golden State ended up NBA champions and LBJ won MVP

we drafted pick 9 somehow idk we should had like pick 16 or something maybe they traded up idk but whatever they tried to do didn't work because we ended up drafting a 67ovr PF even though there were way better players on the Board specifically at SF which is what we needed but o well I still don't care.

Since one of the perks to being drafted by the 76ers is the enormous amount of Salary Cap Space they have I hoped we would make a big splash in Free Agency and Bye Golly was I right

We Signed to a 4yr 86.36mil dollar Contract no other than now 5 time MVP 10 Time All-star 2 time NBA Champion and Finals MVP The KIng LEBRON JAMES.

I was so ecstatic by this signing afterwards me and LBJ met up and talked about the possibility of winning 8 championships together. and how he could pass the torch as Best Player in the NBA to me after he finishes.

even tho our GM didn't draft well he did a great Job of filling our need of a starting caliber SF with the Best Player in the League at SF.
here is what our starting 5 looks like now

PG 6'6 M.Carter-Williams 83ovr 1st Team All Rookie/ 9.7ppg 4.1rpg 7.0apg 1.1spg 1.0bpg

SG 6'5 Jerry Finger 88ovr ROY,DPOY, All Star/ 28.0ppg 4.6rpg 7.5apg 2.8spg 1.8bpg

SF 6'8 Lebron James 99ovr MVP, All-Star/ 26.7ppg 8.8rpg 6.1apg 1.3spg 0.8bpg

PF 6'8 Thaddeus Young 81ovr 13.5ppg 7.8rpg 1.6apg 1.1spg 1.2bpg

C 6'11 Nerlens Noel 77ovr All Star 15.5ppg 8.7rpg 0.9apg 1.2spg 2.0bpg

just listing their major accomplishments from last year and season averages next to them.

our Bench still sucks tho with the highest rated player being a 71ovr

Pre-season Power Rankings has us rated 8th
with an 82overall

so I am excited but also disappointed that we now have the best player in the league on our team it takes away from my competition. I would of much rather had Carmelo Anthony who is still great but not the BEST in the Biz. But hey great move by the GM now its time to win some games

its going to be really interesting to see how our starting 5 stats pan out

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #4232
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Man, Bob from maintenance has a birthday like, every week.

That one really irks me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »