Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2014, 03:57 AM   #4233
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I really want to play with My Hometown Thunder in MyPlayer mode. Has anyone had success in getting drafted by them in this game? If so what Position?

I have tried everything under the sun from realoading draft to restarting mode to different Player types. I tried getting traded as described in another thread. I also played through a whole year in hopes to get traded the next year but no luck yet?

Can anyone offer a clue as to what is the right combo?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2014, 03:59 AM   #4234
Rookie

claustin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove74
I really want to play with My Hometown Thunder in MyPlayer mode. Has anyone had success in getting drafted by them in this game? If so what Position?

I have tried everything under the sun from realoading draft to restarting mode to different Player types. I tried getting traded as described in another thread. I also played through a whole year in hopes to get traded the next year but no luck yet?

Can anyone offer a clue as to what is the right combo?

Thanks
By all accounts you can't get drafted by the Thunder (or a few others). Use the trade to your favorite team method.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:08 AM   #4235
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
By all accounts you can't get drafted by the Thunder (or a few others). Use the trade to your favorite team method.
well, ok then thanks for the reply, tried the method twice now no luck. well beck to the grind lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #4236
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove74
well, ok then thanks for the reply, tried the method twice now no luck. well beck to the grind lol
I've seen people get traded to the Thunder, so it's not impossible. If you pick them as your favourite team, by january of your first year they should be atop the list of teams interested in you. At that time, either ask your GM to trade your best teammate or ask to get traded. If you do the latter, and you end up being traded to a different team, simply go into your hdd storage (PS4) and delete the latest MyCareer save (they're named Slot 1-5), reload and try again, until you get the result you want.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #4237
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
I've seen people get traded to the Thunder, so it's not impossible. If you pick them as your favourite team, by january of your first year they should be atop the list of teams interested in you. At that time, either ask your GM to trade your best teammate or ask to get traded. If you do the latter, and you end up being traded to a different team, simply go into your hdd storage (PS4) and delete the latest MyCareer save (they're named Slot 1-5), reload and try again, until you get the result you want.
Ok will do, I am on Xbox One. so I will try the trade team mate option a third time. thanks
Old 04-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #4238
Rookie

Does anyone have any ideas why I can't do an alley-oop? I'm an athletic 6'10" center. 75 vert, 85 hands, 85 dunk, 90 standing dunk, posterizer skill. It's always a bad pass no matter who throws it. My player will do the dunk animation but without the ball. I have tried probably 30 times and have converted 0 of them.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #4239
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMattyT
Does anyone have any ideas why I can't do an alley-oop? I'm an athletic 6'10" center. 75 vert, 85 hands, 85 dunk, 90 standing dunk, posterizer skill. It's always a bad pass no matter who throws it. My player will do the dunk animation but without the ball. I have tried probably 30 times and have converted 0 of them.
Same thing happens to me. Apparently you need to throw it to yourself off the backboard to get your alley-oop tendency from 0 to 1. After then it should work. I tried alley-ooping it to myself but even then it didn't work lol.

Next time you're on the fast break just try it and see if it fixes it, I've been meaning to do it myself but I keep forgetting.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #4240
MVP

OVR: 13

*Year 2 UPDATE*

- still with my Knicks but this team now sucks. Melo is gone(to Cleveland) and the move my GM made were questionable. And I am being kind.
- because the East still sucks...my team is in the 5th spot for division despite being 22-23.
- my domination of Jackson Ellis continues. Although for the first time [since the rookie showcase] in our last game, his team actually won against me. I was unhappy. I did win our wager however(points scored).

...and I had to concede. HOF difficulty is just not fun. It's just not. My breaking point was a game in which the teams were TIED at halftime. I scored 43 points, had 12 boards, and had 9 blocks - AND WE LOST THE GAME BY 37 POINTS. That with me playing the entire second half - no simulation TOMFOOLERY. The barrage of threes by the opponent and the lack of defense (or any help on offense) just is too much to overcome EVERY GAME regardless of the opponent. I bumped it down to Superstar level and I am much happier. My team still sucks but I have a chance which is all I want.

Game has a trailer load of issues but still having hella fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »