Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #4249
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
Has anyone ever gotten traded to one of the 3 teams they got to pick? I’ve never heard of it happening (not to say that it can't).

If you don't get traded to those teams, I was wondering if you could pick 3 teams that you really didn’t want to play for to ensure you wouldn’t get traded there? So if you were afraid of getting traded to the Bucs, Bobcats or Suns, you could pick those teams and not have to worry. It always feels like the GM is trying to stick it to me on my way out after I request a trade by sending me somewhere I don't want to be.

I tried to use the search function but couldn't find anything.
I was, I picked only one team though. At the beginning of MyCareer I picked the Lakers as my favorite team and when the option to be traded came up (the second of 3rd time) I asked for a trade. When the GM brought me in a few games later to ask if I really wanted to go through with it, I said yes and he asked me which teams I wanted to be traded to. I then picked only the Lakers in hoping I would get there.

I was traded to the Lakers. I had to do it twice though as the first time I was traded to the Magic...go figure.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #4250
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

It's boring when all your team does is want you to score the ball every possession. Why can't I run a pick and roll consistently? One time he cuts perfectly. Run a play, it breaks down, call a pick, he stops cutting randomly when I pass him the ball so it goes out of bounds. Like he forgot what he was doing. I call an iso play for monta, set him a screen he runs down and the defense eats him and he turns it over. Almost every play is stupid basketball. If it were a real team playing like that the whole starting 5 would get benched. The worst thing is I can score whenever I want. I can drop 50 without breaking a sweat. But when I want to and try to get my teammates involved like passing out of a double team the game penalizes me with a turnover. It's stupid.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #4251
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
It's boring when all your team does is want you to score the ball every possession. Why can't I run a pick and roll consistently? One time he cuts perfectly. Run a play, it breaks down, call a pick, he stops cutting randomly when I pass him the ball so it goes out of bounds. Like he forgot what he was doing. I call an iso play for monta, set him a screen he runs down and the defense eats him and he turns it over. Almost every play is stupid basketball. If it were a real team playing like that the whole starting 5 would get benched. The worst thing is I can score whenever I want. I can drop 50 without breaking a sweat. But when I want to and try to get my teammates involved like passing out of a double team the game penalizes me with a turnover. It's stupid.
Couldn't agree more, it's why I stopped playing this mode...I just didn't find it fun. I've found it pretty easy to win on HOF Sim but only when I score like 60+ points and completely take over the game 24/7...otherwise your team is awful and you never win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #4252
Just started!

I'm just starting out on MyCAREER even though I've had the game from release date. I am trying to get drafted to the 76ers at the 11th pick as a PF but can never get picked even though they interview me. Anyone have any ideas what my stat line would have to look like in order to get drafted by the 76ers??

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #4253
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
Has anyone ever gotten traded to one of the 3 teams they got to pick? I’ve never heard of it happening (not to say that it can't).
I didn't get traded to any of my teams that I selected. I ended up getting traded to the Warriors, which is actually a good thing because they didn't get rid of ANYTHING to get me. I'm a 95 overall PG and they traded a 65 overall PG and their 2016 1st and 2nd round picks for me. THAT WAS IT. So now my starting lineup (2015) looks like this:

Curry
Myself at SG
Iguodala
Barnes
Lee

Thompson is on the bench as our 6th man.

This is LOADS more fun than playing on the craptastic Suns, that's for sure.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #4254
Rookie

I liked how 2k13 minutes were on back on current gen. I would usually make an 19 year old player and have him stay at whatever amount of minutes I thought was realistic. Rookie year I'd play 12-15 mins/game, average 6 and 3 or whatever. Next year, maybe 23 mins, average around 11 and 7. 3rd year my guy is ready for starter's duties. Start him with like 30-32 mins, averaging like 15 and 8. 4th year, dudes ready to be unleashed. Now I'm averaging near 20 and 10. 5th year and on hes best player on the team (probably) and blossoming into a superstar.

It was fun. I feel like they took that control away with the scripting and the coach saying you earned minutes but your a 6th man with 28 minutes every time he says that. Plus its (I think) impossible to start before 30 games into your career. You can only be drafted to certain teams on next gen. You can go ahead of Jackson Ellis in the draft, but youre not "supposed to," according to 2K's script. Overall I still have fun, but there is A LOT of work to do. Cutscenes are pretty cool, but I think they over-tweaked a lot of the good elements.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #4255
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazKyles
I'm just starting out on MyCAREER even though I've had the game from release date. I am trying to get drafted to the 76ers at the 11th pick as a PF but can never get picked even though they interview me. Anyone have any ideas what my stat line would have to look like in order to get drafted by the 76ers??

Thanks.

Are you marking them as your favorite team at the beginning? If so, they will not draft you. So pick another random team as your favorite. Idk about stats but try to about a B team grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #4256
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Are you marking them as your favorite team at the beginning? If so, they will not draft you. So pick another random team as your favorite. Idk about stats but try to about a B team grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah been picking them as my team. Will try it differently now. Thanks for the advice

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »