Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2014, 01:04 AM   #4257
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
Has anyone ever gotten traded to one of the 3 teams they got to pick? I’ve never heard of it happening (not to say that it can't).

If you don't get traded to those teams, I was wondering if you could pick 3 teams that you really didn’t want to play for to ensure you wouldn’t get traded there? So if you were afraid of getting traded to the Bucs, Bobcats or Suns, you could pick those teams and not have to worry. It always feels like the GM is trying to stick it to me on my way out after I request a trade by sending me somewhere I don't want to be.

I tried to use the search function but couldn't find anything.
I did, I was on the 76ers and asked for a trade to the Warriors, Spurs or Thunder and I got traded to the Spurs.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:58 AM   #4258
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

3 games since the All-Star break now.. I've (TWolves) been down at LEAST 15 points every game.. and now 22 against Portland.. the game is forcing me to lose games.. Pekovic played 8 minutes in the first half with Dieng (who is far too under-rated in this game compared to his real game) and Chris Johnson playing 9 minutes at the center spot over Pek. I guess being 7 games over .500 was WAY too good for 2K so we immediately SUCK

I still can't get make a basket/layup when being fouled either .. it's just go shoot 2 free throws.. even after wasting VC on 'Finisher' I haven't made a single layup with contact since becoming a starter.. I think I've made 2 EVER since I can't get that single game stat up to 3

4th quarter now, was down 24 I started just shooting and driving.. got the lead down to 7 with under 5 left.. 24-7 run for the 4th quarter but I've had to shoot like crazy to get THAT close.. 15/28 shots overall. Got the lead to 6.. THEN Rubio and Pek decided they were going to start committing turnovers so all that work for nothing

Last edited by DHMN69; 04-03-2014 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #4259
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
3 games since the All-Star break now.. I've (TWolves) been down at LEAST 15 points every game.. and now 22 against Portland.. the game is forcing me to lose games.. Pekovic played 8 minutes in the first half with Dieng (who is far too under-rated in this game compared to his real game) and Chris Johnson playing 9 minutes at the center spot over Pek. I guess being 7 games over .500 was WAY too good for 2K so we immediately SUCK

I still can't get make a basket/layup when being fouled either .. it's just go shoot 2 free throws.. even after wasting VC on 'Finisher' I haven't made a single layup with contact since becoming a starter.. I think I've made 2 EVER since I can't get that single game stat up to 3

4th quarter now, was down 24 I started just shooting and driving.. got the lead down to 7 with under 5 left.. 24-7 run for the 4th quarter but I've had to shoot like crazy to get THAT close.. 15/28 shots overall. Got the lead to 6.. THEN Rubio and Pek decided they were going to start committing turnovers so all that work for nothing
hey at least you get fouled lol. it doesnt matter how much i drive to the basket i have yet to shoot more than 3 free throws in a single game. and thats only happened once. usually im lucky to go to the line once a game. i just finished the one scenario where i dont play at all in the third and have to "show what i can do" by bringing us back from a 20 point deficit to start the fourth. i ended up scoring 30+ points in the fourth to win by one. i shot one free throw all game. coach also said i would see more minutes but im still coming off the bench with the exact same 28 minutes i had before.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #4260
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
hey at least you get fouled lol. it doesnt matter how much i drive to the basket i have yet to shoot more than 3 free throws in a single game. and thats only happened once. usually im lucky to go to the line once a game. i just finished the one scenario where i dont play at all in the third and have to "show what i can do" by bringing us back from a 20 point deficit to start the fourth. i ended up scoring 30+ points in the fourth to win by one. i shot one free throw all game. coach also said i would see more minutes but im still coming off the bench with the exact same 28 minutes i had before.
What level do you guys play on? And is it default or sim?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #4261
Survival Hurts.....

SilentYetViolent's Arena

OVR: 7

Playing on HOF/Sim is really starting to piss me off lol. Drafted 18th by the Atlanta Hawks and through 20 games, we are an amazing 0-20 smh. I'm 2nd in the NBA in PPG but my teammates just can't buy a bucket. We came close to getting our first win at home vs Boston.

Game went into OT but I was taken out after gaining my 5th foul on a reach against Rondo. We ended up losing 124-122. If only I wasn't taken out of the game

P.S. Budenholzer was fired after starting 0-10, now we have a generic coach whose name I can't remember at the moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #4262
Rookie

Currently about 5 games into my 2nd season... Noticed during the first game that I was suddenly starting SG (I played PG the entire 1st season except for short bits at SG). Figured it was probably just the crazy coach experimenting or someone was injured, so I just went with it. Continued to start at SG (and stay at SG except for short bits at PG which is the exact reverse of the first season) which after some exploring, appears to be because a few teammates mysteriously disappeared (retired? they don't show up on waive/trade) - Hummel (I'm on the Wolves) mainly who filled in at SF is the missing party which forced Martin into SF (and then he tore his MCL/ACL or something and is out for the season). So I end up in SG, and Rubio (who is a turnover machine in my game) plays PG for most of the game.

Rubio was good in the first season when he popped in for a couple of minutes here and there, but when he's clocking as many minutes as me and consistently turning the ball over, I start to swear loudly and get increasingly annoyed. Is this a bug? Can I somehow get back my starting PG spot? Should I just give up and get myself/Rubio traded?
Old 04-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #4263
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
What level do you guys play on? And is it default or sim?
i play on all-star/sim.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #4264
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
i play on all-star/sim.
Hmm that's weird, I've found on Sim I get way more foul calls. I usually shoot 7-14 FTs a game and make them at a percentage of about 91%

Is it easy to win on all-star playing normally and not taking over a game? I play on HOF Sim and find it fairly easy to win but only if I take the whole game over

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »