Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #4265
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Hmm that's weird, I've found on Sim I get way more foul calls. I usually shoot 7-14 FTs a game and make them at a percentage of about 91%

Is it easy to win on all-star playing normally and not taking over a game? I play on HOF Sim and find it fairly easy to win but only if I take the whole game over
its hard to say because the playcalling is broken and im a sf so i cant call plays. i try to space myself out from my teammates but they end up passing me the ball a lot either way. even when i try to get my teammates involved i score more than i probably should. i think im averaging around 31 points a game right now even though im coming off the bench.

it probably also doesnt help that im on the suns who are not great to begin with. some games we blow out the other team and some games we get blown out even if i score 40+ points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #4266
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
its hard to say because the playcalling is broken and im a sf so i cant call plays. i try to space myself out from my teammates but they end up passing me the ball a lot either way. even when i try to get my teammates involved i score more than i probably should. i think im averaging around 31 points a game right now even though im coming off the bench.

it probably also doesnt help that im on the suns who are not great to begin with. some games we blow out the other team and some games we get blown out even if i score 40+ points.
Yeah it's tough to say then, I made two Careers, one as a PG and one as SF. For the second one as a SF I bought the on court coach sig skill so I could change the offensive and defensive sets and run plays. It doesn't really work like it's supposed to and is broken.

It's tough for me to continue this mode when it's pretty much you against the other team
Old 04-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #4267
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
i play on all-star/sim.
Same here, because of all the crap I've heard about HOF I stay away from that..
Old 04-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #4268
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Hmm that's weird, I've found on Sim I get way more foul calls. I usually shoot 7-14 FTs a game and make them at a percentage of about 91%

Is it easy to win on all-star playing normally and not taking over a game? I play on HOF Sim and find it fairly easy to win but only if I take the whole game over

I shoot 12-14 free throws most games on AS/Sim and I don't find it easy to win.. even if I do try to take over.. it seems like if I try to take over they stop passing me the ball.. and then for a number of possessions I don't get it until the shot clock is already beeping down at 3/4 seconds.. I pass back inside and they pass it back rather than shoot to give me another turnover.

My player for TWolves is a SF so I can't call plays.. not that plays really work, or stay called long enough to execute them anyway. I can't really "take over" by blowing by guys and getting easy layups since every opponent (even Centers) is at least as fast as you are.

Another 2k pet-peeve started happening recently.. I go for an offensive rebound on my team's free throw.. the free throw is made.. so MY player goes into slow motion to mid-court and the guy I'm guarding is already at the other end and always gets an open pass and layup or shot. Don't understand why I go into slow motion "running" mode in that situation for probably three seasons of 2k in a row.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #4269
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
I shoot 12-14 free throws most games on AS/Sim and I don't find it easy to win.. even if I do try to take over.. it seems like if I try to take over they stop passing me the ball.. and then for a number of possessions I don't get it until the shot clock is already beeping down at 3/4 seconds.. I pass back inside and they pass it back rather than shoot to give me another turnover.

My player for TWolves is a SF so I can't call plays.. not that plays really work, or stay called long enough to execute them anyway. I can't really "take over" by blowing by guys and getting easy layups since every opponent (even Centers) is at least as fast as you are.

Another 2k pet-peeve started happening recently.. I go for an offensive rebound on my team's free throw.. the free throw is made.. so MY player goes into slow motion to mid-court and the guy I'm guarding is already at the other end and always gets an open pass and layup or shot. Don't understand why I go into slow motion "running" mode in that situation for probably three seasons of 2k in a row.
Really? That's weird, have you tried the "On-Court Coach" signature skill? Anytime you call for the ball they pass it to you which makes it easier to win come crunch time. Also, it lets you call plays (even though they never work) and you can set your offensive and defensive sets. I think it's like 10,000 VC but if you play this mode a lot and aren't a PG, it's worth it IMO.

My guy is an Athletic SF and I can blow by guys for dunks and really whatever I want at any given time. My guy is a 98 though so maybe that's why.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #4270
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Really? That's weird, have you tried the "On-Court Coach" signature skill? Anytime you call for the ball they pass it to you which makes it easier to win come crunch time. Also, it lets you call plays (even though they never work) and you can set your offensive and defensive sets. I think it's like 10,000 VC but if you play this mode a lot and aren't a PG, it's worth it IMO.

My guy is an Athletic SF and I can blow by guys for dunks and really whatever I want at any given time. My guy is a 98 though so maybe that's why.
My SF is an 87 now, went with the aggressive agent to get VC ... they pass if I call for the ball regardless of wasting a large amount of VC for the signature skill that doesn't work. I don't WANT the ball ever possession.. nor do I want to shoot 40 times a game.. I haven't increased the max speed a huge amount because of how expensive it is, and I won't pay 2K for extra VC to get the 90+ rating immediately instead of working on it.. not saying you did, I just won't pay them more than I already have buying the game.

Kevin Love should be back playing in a game or two after a month of games missed for concussion.. concussion on a jump shot too.. nice job 2K I just hope he gets his spot back in the rotation, he was dressed the last game as a 0 minute bench warmer. I need Alexi Shved to be back on the bench.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #4271
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
My SF is an 87 now, went with the aggressive agent to get VC ... they pass if I call for the ball regardless of wasting a large amount of VC for the signature skill that doesn't work. I don't WANT the ball ever possession.. nor do I want to shoot 40 times a game.. I haven't increased the max speed a huge amount because of how expensive it is, and I won't pay 2K for extra VC to get the 90+ rating immediately instead of working on it.. not saying you did, I just won't pay them more than I already have buying the game.

Kevin Love should be back playing in a game or two after a month of games missed for concussion.. concussion on a jump shot too.. nice job 2K I just hope he gets his spot back in the rotation, he was dressed the last game as a 0 minute bench warmer. I need Alexi Shved to be back on the bench.
I hear you, I totally don't want the ball every time but I feel when I'm playing that I need to do everything (score, facilitate, rebound, defend, etc.) in order to keep the game close. This is the reason I ultimately stopped playing the mode.

Hopefully the game AI is smart enough to put him back in the starting lineup. The substitutions in this mode are completely broken too, I shouldn't be a starter playing 44 minutes a game...maybe if I was LBJ in the playoffs but still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #4272
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
this happens to me a lot too. or if i get knocked down on the shot but theres no foul i get stuck in a "complain about a no-call" animation so im stuck on the ground for an extra five seconds while everyone else is on the other end of the court. leads to a lot of "allow man to score" issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »