Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #4281
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandbigboi
How do u sim
you can't sim to key games in your rookie year they say.. have to go through all the scenarios/skits as for the "sim" we've been talking about in here you just change your career options to sim from default in the play style
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #4282
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

So Kevin Love comes back from injury.. plays ONE game.. and 2nd quarter of the NEXT game he's now got an injured shoulder and is out a month.. WTF 2K..

I guess he's going to play injured now .. he came back out for the 2nd half and started that after sitting the 2nd quarter hurt.. still a 77 OVR with a -9 for the injury .. that's better than some of the T'Wolves alternatives

Last edited by DHMN69; 04-04-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:13 AM   #4283
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Best social media ever says I was "hamming it up on the bench near the end of the game, making sure my teammates enjoyed the moment" .. Umm no.. we were up by 28.. but I was on the floor still since the game doesn't sub you out no matter
Old 04-04-2014, 02:15 AM   #4284
MVP

OVR: 0

This mode is weird as hell. I play on superstar sim and when I play a couple of games in a row, my team starts to play really well. We start shooting well, my teammates makes smart moves and we play good defense. But once I go to play a game in another mode or profile, everything just changes.
I played about 5 games without touching another mode and we started playing very well. We beat Miami 128-103 and I only had to score 13 points. Then I go to play a game of MyTeam. I come back to MC in a game against the Magic and they shoot 67% against us. My team can't buy a shot and I basically have to keep us in the game myself. Then the next game, the same thing happens but the pelicans shoot 65%.
I'm really not sure why this is. I know a lot of people are having trouble with this mode because they feel like they have to score every point for their team. Try playing a couple games in a row without playing another mode and see if that has the same effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2014, 03:02 AM   #4285
Rookie

I play on HOF so I contest everything, even when the CPU chucks up prayers at the buzzer, because I don't trust the game to be realistic about these shots. So anyway, Brandon Knight baseball throws a 3/4 court shot up at the buzzer for the win. He drills it. That **** goes through like a silky finger roll, the net barely ****ing moves LOL. Are you kidding me?! Knight is 6'3, and I contested the shot with my 6'11 center. I checked the replay and I missed the block by MAYBE half an inch. Come on! Hell of a shot I guess.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 03:37 AM   #4286
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Game for my TWolves against Denver and who do I have to guard?? Nope.. not Chandler, Hamilton or Faried.. .. the game is making me pick up Nate Robinson.. my 6'8 SF has 14 pts 2 assists and 3 boards midway through the 2nd but a C- grade because I can't stay with the little runt.. Rubio or Shved should of course be guarding him but nope..

Games like this one are ones that make me want to throw the CD in the garbage and never play a 2K game again.. when I'm not guarding Robinson the game decides I should guard whoever randomly gets the ball at the 3 point line and is shooting.. 18 pts 3 assists 11 boards and I have a D+ grade in this one now I didn't mention the 8 turnovers either .. Denver has 11 steals because I keep getting the ball poked away .. I can't drive because Robinson somehow guards me and stops me in my tracks.. if I try to post him up he knocks it away before I can even make a move.. huge mismatch and the game plays us as equal in size

My team is still broken as far as minutes go.. myself and Rubio the only 2 playing what they're supposed to. Also, down by 22 yet again.. 4 of 5 games since the all-star game now it's forcing me to try and ball hog in the 2nd half because nobody else will shoot.. Pek is 7 of 9 shooting but hasn't been in the third quarter more than 2 minutes with it broken

Last edited by DHMN69; 04-04-2014 at 04:08 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:28 AM   #4287
Rookie

In my Timberwolves team, Rubio is a turnover machine, Mbah a Moute hogs the ball without dribbling and doesn't even shoot before the shot clock expires. Love has mood swings - he can be a machine inside one game, and the next game he might never even step in the paint. Pekovic is my go-to guy and the only one who seems to play reasonably well consistently. The other consistent guy (Hummel) seems to have vanished...
Old 04-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #4288
Pro

Patriots1996's Arena

OVR: 9

I just got to 99 overall mid way through my second season without ever buying VC. Suck one, 2K.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »