Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #4313
Rookie

tylorlenart's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyacecandy
How do you tell a player to cut to the basket on PS4?

As a PG, I try to get everyone involved... and it'd be nice to rack up assists if players would cut to the basket more. Throw some alley oops to the guys who can finish them.
i have a PG, but i like SF better, cause an athletic SF is more all around that a PG.Like with my SF i can defend the 3 pt shot high post and low post rack up blocks rebs and ast. with my 6'4" PG i ocassionaly get blocks reb. i normally get steals like crazy though. Its just game get closer, bv i cant stop big men from driving and on HOF they make it almost everytime
Old 04-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #4314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lob Mob
How long after you get the shoe contract will you get to create your signature shoe?
I signed with Nike by the way.
In my first MyCareer (Nike) I got my signature shoe in the first round of the playoffs. In my new one it took until my second season where my Adidas contract expired and my agent asked if I wanted to sign with Nike/Jordan (I stayed with Adidas).

It's weird though because I didn't even get it as an endorsement, they just made me make a shoe (even though it glitched and the shoe design was blurry so I couldn't even tell what I was doing).

Signature shoes are pretty pointless anyway apart from the endorsement award considering you don't get a stat. boost like in the old games. You can just make a shoe design in the main menu and purchase it for free (if you're signed with that specific brand) in MyCareer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyacecandy
How do you tell a player to cut to the basket on PS4?

As a PG, I try to get everyone involved... and it'd be nice to rack up assists if players would cut to the basket more. Throw some alley oops to the guys who can finish them.
Hit L1 like you're running a play, hit the icon of the guy you want to move and tap the right stick in the direction you want them to move.

Last edited by Deej; 04-06-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #4315
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Made an all-around SG, I play for the Trailblazers. We are currently in first place in the west. As expected Matthews was traded but since it was for Okafor they pushed Robinson to prospect and out of rotation. I don't like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2014, 08:18 PM   #4316
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Made an all-around SG, I play for the Trailblazers. We are currently in first place in the west. As expected Matthews was traded but since it was for Okafor they pushed Robinson to prospect and out of rotation. I don't like that.
How do you have them trade a player? I know you can choose it in the GM convo, but it only gives you the star, the veteran, or some random guy. When you tell the GM to trade, do you get to choose who the team might go after?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #4317
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon6 Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMattyT
How do you have them trade a player? I know you can choose it in the GM convo, but it only gives you the star, the veteran, or some random guy. When you tell the GM to trade, do you get to choose who the team might go after?
Nope don't get to choose, usually it's to the team that are in the rumors with your team. Matthews got traded because I took his spot
Old 04-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #4318
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Here's a first.. I tried to go to PARK and play a few games .. pick up some VC.. the game put me in a park.. with NOONE there.. not one person, let alone one 3x3 game in it... never had that happen before

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 04-07-2014, 01:34 AM   #4319
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

The game continues to screw me over since the all-star game, by the way.. I've won 2 games by blowout.. well, by 15+ .. and every other game I've been DOWN by at least 20 in the game .. near the end of the 3rd quarter vs Detroit.. I have 14 rebounds.. the rest of the team combined has 7. Opposing teams are hitting 60% of 3's now.. PLUS *THEY* are getting plenty of and-1's that I (or my TWolves) *NEVER* get..

Haven't had a single close game since the break, had a couple go to overtime before it. The worst thing is the team is shooting 52% in this game, and because Detroit doesn't miss they're up 17

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #4320
Rookie

Since OKC have the Raptors pick, can anyone suggest a PG statline to be drafted by the Knicks at #19?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »