Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #4321
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylorlenart
I have an 87 ovr athletic PG and a 65 ovr athletic SF.

my PG is halfway through the rookie season with the Cavs and my SF is with the Suns.

I had a SF with the Pelicans, but i paid for VC to make him a beast right away. He was in the 2014 season, but after i play the Lakers the game freezes so i can't play him anymore. I like playing SF better than PG, bc SF can do a bit of everything pass score reb block steal. I don't want to do pay for VC again, cause it was too easy. So im upgrading the old fashioned way.

What are the best attributes to build up first for SF?

i play on 10 min Hall of Fame simulation. Just like QJB. I love his vids on youtube.
i always raise my midrange to about 80 first no matter what position i make. it makes it a lot easier to get good looks when other attributes are low. next i would probably bump ball security up since its way too easy to lose the ball in this game. after that its pretty much up to you for your play-style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #4322
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieraptorsfan
Since OKC have the Raptors pick, can anyone suggest a PG statline to be drafted by the Knicks at #19?
You can't get drafted by the Knicks.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #4323
Rookie

Just finished a game with 25 points, 27 assists, 7 rebounds and as a team we shot 72% (they shot 57%) on 9 minute quarters and we still lost 106-110 to the Clippers lol. They managed to get up 17 more shot attempts so I guess that's how they won.

Plus at the end in the post-game interview they said you were playing against one of the biggest stars in the NBA and didn't prove yourself lol. I kinda skipped over the in-game objective when it came up so I wasn't sure if I had to score a certain amount of points or something.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:25 AM   #4324
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Still getting put in EMPTY Parks .. second day of this.. that's NOT fun
Old 04-08-2014, 02:28 AM   #4325
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Just finished a game with 25 points, 27 assists, 7 rebounds and as a team we shot 72% (they shot 57%) on 9 minute quarters and we still lost 106-110 to the Clippers lol. They managed to get up 17 more shot attempts so I guess that's how they won.

Plus at the end in the post-game interview they said you were playing against one of the biggest stars in the NBA and didn't prove yourself lol. I kinda skipped over the in-game objective when it came up so I wasn't sure if I had to score a certain amount of points or something.
I've never heard of 27 assists.. my AI teammates NEVER shot *THAT* much in 2K games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #4326
Rookie

I've noticed that upgrading/changing animations (dunks and/or shot animations, haven't been able to boil it down to just one) reset your tendencies. So let's say you've toiled feverishly to complete a self-oop with your slow as **** C to get your oop tendency up, it's best to avoid tinkering with those animations, or you'll have to do it all over again.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #4327
Rookie

I don't know why you guys don't enjoy your Wolves careers. They're one of the best teams I've played with - you've got the long range shooters, the beasts in the posts, the playmakers... No two games are the same, lots of diversity to the offense on this team. For stretches, my team plays best when I don't try to impact the game too much (I'm a bit of a ball hog) - I swear they look like the real life Spurs at times, just gorgeous ball movement. Last night I played a game in which Rubio had 15 assists, Love had 35 points and 14 rebounds, my guy had 5 alley-oops including one on an in-bounds play, and we blew out the Hawks 115-95 on 8 min quarters (I had 20 mins). If I have one complaint it's that we're not very good defensively, especially in the post. Not the usual sagging of 3pt shooters that's so prevalent in this game though. I play on Superstar/Sim now after getting tired of doing it all by myself on HOF, and it's been pretty damn enjoyable thus far.

Someone posted that their team seems to get in a groove after playing a couple of games straight without switching modes or careers, and this seems true for me as well sometimes. I don't know if there's a momentum reset or whatever when switching out of a career, but there's definitely truth to momentum being huge in this game, and it continues into the next game.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #4328
Just started!

I have a question I'm a 6'0 athletic point guard and can't seem to stick with my man when he drives to the lanes and they obliterate me every time( especially other athletic PGs like John Wall). My quickness is 85 and my speed is 88 and it doesn't help that on next gen when you press a button that there is somewhat of a lag until your player does whatever animation it feels like. Also I'm on the Utah Jazz so I really don't have any great interior defenders. Any advice would be helpful

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »