Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #4329
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLO85
I have a question I'm a 6'0 athletic point guard and can't seem to stick with my man when he drives to the lanes and they obliterate me every time( especially other athletic PGs like John Wall). My quickness is 85 and my speed is 88 and it doesn't help that on next gen when you press a button that there is somewhat of a lag until your player does whatever animation it feels like. Also I'm on the Utah Jazz so I really don't have any great interior defenders. Any advice would be helpful
Watch the hips, don't let him go baseline on you, force him inside. If he's not a great shooter then play off him a bit. Rondo is a great example, I barely even guard him. I usually just double team who ever has the ball or play the passing lanes. Also, stop reaching.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #4330
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Watch the hips, don't let him go baseline on you, force him inside. If he's not a great shooter then play off him a bit. Rondo is a great example, I barely even guard him. I usually just double team who ever has the ball or play the passing lanes. Also, stop reaching.
Ah see that's what I think my problem is I reach like no other I'll take that into account and on this game I feel like I get turnovers more than I should I think I'm going to stray away from passing it in the paint.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #4331
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

The turn overs mostly come when you're trying to force things. If a play breaks down, call for a pick and drive the lane. Most of the time it'll be a foul call of you let go of turbo and use square or the stick to go for a layup. The ideology of this game is that regardless of rating the game treats you like the best player in the world. That means its your job to keep pressure on the defense by scoring a lot of points. I just had a game where I was trying to get my teammates going allggame and was 1/5 from the field with 3 assists. I stated to get frustrated and got some quick fouls. After that I started trying to get to the lane more and shoot more outside shots and ended up with 19 points and 7 assists. We lost because I got uswithin 1 so the computer decided it was time to push it to 10 with 3 minutes to go. Toast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #4332
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Funny, I made a 6'10" 260lbs. Slashing SF. so Jackson Ellis is 6'11" 266 lbs.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 04-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #4333
Pro

Well I'm on the Jazz, and so far it's pretty excruciating.

I'm putting up 33 ppg, 4apg, 8rpg, and 1.8bpg as a SF through about 20 games and I'm still not starting.

I can't get assists because my team is absolutely horrible. Hayward is hurt, Burks can't make anything, Burke can't make anything, Jefferson is atrocious, and the backup PF Thomas is the worst player I've ever seen in 2k. The only player I can somewhat rely on for assists is Favors.

I have now had TWO separate games where I was short of a triple double by 1 assist and 1 rebound. Both times I fed Thomas under the hoop for him to **** it up as the last seconds ticked off the clock.

But hey, I put up 60 points on Jackson Ellis in our first matchup, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #4334
Rookie

I was kind of surprised to see Jackson Ellis leading the league in scoring as a 19 year old rookie lol. We are both big, scoring SGs, but he is going off for 31 ppg 25 games into the season. At one point he scored 40+ four games in a row. He doesn't do much else though, averaging only 3 boards, 1 assist. I am averaging 25 ppg, 6 apg, and 6 rpg, so I think I'll pull out the ROY but not be a shoo-in for it like my other careers. Regardless of our stats, both of our teams (JE Jazz, me twolves) have garbage records right now.

Different subject, does anyone else have trouble guarding Jamal Crawford? Lol I know he's an explosive scorer in real life but damn. He will avg around 15-17 in the game, but everytime I play the Clips, no matter what team im on or position i play in that particular mycareer, hell drop at least 40 on like 60% shooting! He is the hardest player for any team I'm on to even remotely contain.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:57 AM   #4335
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
I don't know why you guys don't enjoy your Wolves careers. They're one of the best teams I've played with - you've got the long range shooters, the beasts in the posts, the playmakers... No two games are the same, lots of diversity to the offense on this team. For stretches, my team plays best when I don't try to impact the game too much (I'm a bit of a ball hog) - I swear they look like the real life Spurs at times, just gorgeous ball movement. Last night I played a game in which Rubio had 15 assists, Love had 35 points and 14 rebounds, my guy had 5 alley-oops including one on an in-bounds play, and we blew out the Hawks 115-95 on 8 min quarters (I had 20 mins). If I have one complaint it's that we're not very good defensively, especially in the post. Not the usual sagging of 3pt shooters that's so prevalent in this game though. I play on Superstar/Sim now after getting tired of doing it all by myself on HOF, and it's been pretty damn enjoyable thus far.

Someone posted that their team seems to get in a groove after playing a couple of games straight without switching modes or careers, and this seems true for me as well sometimes. I don't know if there's a momentum reset or whatever when switching out of a career, but there's definitely truth to momentum being huge in this game, and it continues into the next game.
I do enjoy the Wolves career.. I don't enjoy the way 2K has injured at least 3 and sometimes 4 players at once for me all season. My player is a SF who has been stuck at SG for about half his minutes because of the injuries, so guarding guys like Nate Robinson has been a huge chore because they just run by with the ball.. I can have a triple double (had 4 or 5 in the season) yet a B grade because of it.

side note: for the first time in 4 days the game put me in a PARK .. with actual people in it so I can play some pick up games.. so strange being put into empty parks lately

Last edited by DHMN69; 04-09-2014 at 02:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 05:10 AM   #4336
Rookie

Speaking of the T'Wolves, My second MC is a 6"11 255 pound Athletic PF named Lawrence Garnet t (A fictional KG son). Drafted by the "Shoot at will" Kings before Jackass Ellis (Jazz). Used the "trade star player" method to get traded to T'Wolves before All Stars Weekend.

Dunno it's a glitch or not, I was put as a starting SF right after the trade (Just like KG played as SF in the first few seasons LOL). My LG is now rated 86 with the star icon few weeks before Playoffs with 40 wins.

To be fair, T'Wolves is very fun to play with. Rubio with the dimer sig skill pretty much ensure 80% of my mid-range shots goes in in pick and pop or catch and shoot situations (my mid-range is capped at 80 BTW). Pekovic is a good finisher at the rim and basically put back all the misses with the Hustle Points sig skill. Not to mention Love and Martin draining 3pts with our inside-out games.

The Only downside is Love's rebounds have come below 10 after I joined. (My LG averaging 12 reb per game after joining the team, My Off/Def reb and hands are all maxed out at 90 with scrapper level 2 and t-rebounder level1). Putting as a SF, it's hard to defend some star player like Carmelo with 65 on ball defense and steal. Fortunately the coach mostly put me as a pf in the game.

Im looking forward to see how we perform in the Playoffs.

PS: HOF SIM 8 mins is the best setting to play

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »