Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #4393
Pro

zten11's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ASSOCIATION THREAD????
Old 04-13-2014, 09:46 PM   #4394
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ASSOCIATION THREAD????
Welcome to the nextgen 2k14!

There is NO association mode, so there is NO one opened a thread for it.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #4395
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
The game doesn't let you recover late and jump towards a shooter.. especially if he's the guy you're guarding.. I only get 2-3 a game but I'm mostly using the right stick to play defense and jumping when I expect the shot.. sometimes I'm late also but I guess it can be timed correctly, I got 10 in one game.. just once though
For me it's easy to block with a PF. I'm a 6"11 Athletic PF with only 50 in block.
Averaging 3.7 blocks in my rookie season in 8 mins HOF sim.
There are mainly three ways to get a block.
1. Low post hook shot or fade block
2. Drive or dunk block
3. last sec shot block

1 is very easy to manage, just keep focused on the timing of release and keep holding R2 and LS towards the shooter and get him out of here (some ppl's fade is hard to block, eg. Nowizski)

2 needs a little technique to figure the driver's driving lane and also not to lose your assignment too soon to let the ball handler get the easy dish. Actually just rush for a block whenever u see the ball handler started the driving animation, they usually dun pass when driving (Rubio is an exception)

3 is the most easy one. 2 or 3 sec in the shot clock, just rush to the ball handler to get an easy block!

Blocking is fun and easy in the game. I may need to rise up my blocking ability for the second season to get less foul when blocking? (It is relevant?)
My player is now 91 rated with almost all field maxed out but block and post hook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #4396
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

Hey guys. My player is a 6'6, 205 lbs Shooting Guard with the Pistons.Nearing the end of February we are second in the conference behind Miami Heat.I will willingly admit I know NOTHING about basketball and the NBA but I saw the game on the PS4 and was so impressed with how it looked that I went out and bought it so I am very much learning on the fly.I am getting around 20 points and 4 assists per game and am about to move up a level to Pro.Here's my experience of playing on the Detroit Pistons:Jennings - Wildly inconsistent. Smith - Has his moments but generaly average.Stuckey - Does ok when he's in but I took his starting spot.Drummond - The only thing he seems to do is commit numerous fouls per game. Monroe - tends to play well.Siva - awful. Seems to insitst on attacking the basket but gets blocked eveytime. The thing that annoys me is that Kyle Singler hits loads of 3 pointers everytime he plays, but he never gets many minutes. Its frustrating as he's the only one who shoots when you give him the ball in the corners and 9 times out of ten he scores. The rest just pass it around, seemingly afraid of shooting.Anyway, I have two questions if anyone can help?1 - How do i get steals? I only get around 1 per game and thats just by hitting the steal button which ofcourse gets me reaching in fouls.2 - How do I find out which teams are interesting in trading for me?Thanks
Old 04-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #4397
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

Sorry for the wall of text. It wasn't like that when i wrote it and i cant see how to edit it. =/
Old 04-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #4398
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Anyone played with Lamar Odom and think he's the most worthless teammate in 2K? For some reason he acts like a point guard and brings the ball up the court when there's 2 other point guards on the court lol. I wish you could request guys getting more/less minutes.

Also does on-court coach work as intended when you're a PG? I tried it with my SF MyCareer and it didn't work at all. I don't like that I feel the need to purchase it but I hate it when I get moved to shooting guard since I like running plays in most possessions.

Josh Smith is one of the most annoying team mates in the game probably. Keeps shooting 3s with his 60ish rating.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #4399
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_1979
Hey guys. My player is a 6'6, 205 lbs Shooting Guard with the Pistons.Nearing the end of February we are second in the conference behind Miami Heat.I will willingly admit I know NOTHING about basketball and the NBA but I saw the game on the PS4 and was so impressed with how it looked that I went out and bought it so I am very much learning on the fly.I am getting around 20 points and 4 assists per game and am about to move up a level to Pro.Here's my experience of playing on the Detroit Pistons:Jennings - Wildly inconsistent. Smith - Has his moments but generaly average.Stuckey - Does ok when he's in but I took his starting spot.Drummond - The only thing he seems to do is commit numerous fouls per game. Monroe - tends to play well.Siva - awful. Seems to insitst on attacking the basket but gets blocked eveytime. The thing that annoys me is that Kyle Singler hits loads of 3 pointers everytime he plays, but he never gets many minutes. Its frustrating as he's the only one who shoots when you give him the ball in the corners and 9 times out of ten he scores. The rest just pass it around, seemingly afraid of shooting.Anyway, I have two questions if anyone can help?1 - How do i get steals? I only get around 1 per game and thats just by hitting the steal button which ofcourse gets me reaching in fouls.2 - How do I find out which teams are interesting in trading for me?Thanks
I'm playing with the Pistons too,but Jennings has the highest 3 point percentage in the league and is also ranked 3. in shooting pertentage.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #4400
Rookie

USCplaya's Arena

Sorry, I'm sure this has been talked about over and over but I haven't read all 400+ pages. I am midway through my 3rd Season and Won ROY/MVP and the Finals, then MVP and lost in 7 in the Finals, MyPlayer was still disgruntled at being on the Hawks. LeBron had mentioned teaming up between Seasons 1 and 2 and I demanded a Trade with the Heat being the #1 likely landing spot and the spot I requested and I got traded to the Knicks... (Seems like Carmelo and something for Me) I saw my contract is 2 years 1000 VC but after my second season I didn't get a new one or free agency or anything. Is that a broken feature? I would like to be a free agent and team up with LeBron, I am weary of carrying the team and i'm a PG and cannot Rack up assists like I would prefer to dropping 35 a night.

Player Name Dang Lin-Wang, 6'7" PG, Drafted by Hawks, 95 Overall

Last edited by USCplaya; 04-14-2014 at 03:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »