Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #4433
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylaiyee
Which position are u playing?
I'm with the T'Wolves too, playing as a 95 overall PF.
I always start at SF and put as a PF/C when Love and Pek sub out.
For me, when I see my teammates start to missing wide open shots mindlessly , I start to enter full attack mode (usually i feed them and avg around 6 assists a game) , I draw fouls or dunk them in! (with 92 dunk) also aggressively look for offensive rebounds more than usual (always end up with 15+ rebounds in one of those off games)
But if you are a guard who cant dunk or easily draw fouls, i think u cant really do anything to prevent losing. Sorry pal.
Mine is a SF that's rarely played SF this season thanks to all the injuries I start at SG more than anything.. I shoot a ton of free throws so there's no issue there.. the team blew a 17 point 2nd half lead in the loss. Dunking I can't do often but plenty of trips to the line.. NEVER "and 1" though, most I've had in 68 games in 2.. teammates NEVER get them either.. Pek shots rim out when he's fouled. Even with a 94 teammate chemistry when the game goes into "screw you mode" as I call it they don't pass to me when I call for it.. not about to spend VC to guarantee passes to me whenever I want them either.

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 04-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #4434
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Mine is a SF that's rarely played SF this season thanks to all the injuries I start at SG more than anything.. I shoot a ton of free throws so there's no issue there.. the team blew a 17 point 2nd half lead in the loss. Dunking I can't do often but plenty of trips to the line.. NEVER "and 1" though, most I've had in 68 games in 2.. teammates NEVER get them either.. Pek shots rim out when he's fouled. Even with a 94 teammate chemistry when the game goes into "screw you mode" as I call it they don't pass to me when I call for it.. not about to spend VC to guarantee passes to me whenever I want them either.
Floor general is glitched, dun bother to try it!
if u start at sg It's hard to grab offensive rebounds
About and 1, what's your level of finisher and emotion?
I have 85 emotion and level 2 finisher. And It's Almost 3-4 and 1 every game. As a 6"11 big man, I always got and 1 situation when I perform standing dunk on someone (standing dunk 90 and posterizer )

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #4435
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylaiyee
Floor general is glitched, dun bother to try it!
if u start at sg It's hard to grab offensive rebounds
About and 1, what's your level of finisher and emotion?
I have 85 emotion and level 2 finisher. And It's Almost 3-4 and 1 every game. As a 6"11 big man, I always got and 1 situation when I perform standing dunk on someone (standing dunk 90 and posterizer )

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
I've never spent any VC on Emotion.. I figured it was just something for the cut scenes after you get knocked down and sit there waving your arms

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #4436
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
I've never spent any VC on Emotion.. I figured it was just something for the cut scenes after you get knocked down and sit there waving your arms
no! It significantly increase foul calls
when u have low emotion, u have contact layups or dunks and that's it
but when u have high enough emotion, it certainly increases the chance of foul calls when u do contact layups or dunks. That is one of my reason i can get more and 1 calls.
Also, my pf tend to do more spectacular dunks when i raised my emotion attribute.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:52 AM   #4437
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Really hope the b.s. losing and garbage play..ends when I fail to get the Kia endorsement, if the agent even tells me I failed to earn that.. was on a 9-1 streak at one point.. losing to the Suns at halftime will make a 1-4 run since

How I really know the game is screwing with me.. I'm STILL missing A- free throw attempts .. 3 games in a row they're going long... ONE of them with the exact same release point was graded an F! I can't hit a jumper to save my life all of a sudden either, layups are blocked..and I'm averaging ALMOST 10 turnovers a game again because the animation has my guy open .. when I pass the guy behind him jumps it and catches it clean like I handed it off! Teams are shooting 60% from three-point against me the last 4 games as well.

The way this season is ending I won't get a playoff run because the game is taking over and making sure I lose. The streak of being down at LEAST 15 points since the all star break has continued to every game but 1, and that one I won by 20+

The game has gotten SO bad.. I'm shooting 12 of 32 in a game.. because I'm wide open and missing EVERYTHING. The only time I EVER came close to taking this many shots I was 19/32 and scored 51 including free throws. Blatantly obvious this was a loss when I can't get to the line like I do EVERY game.. shot 4 free throws.. usually shoot between 10 and 15

Last edited by DHMN69; 04-17-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #4438
MVP

Switch to LeBron's ft animation. It cost 500vc but its worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #4439
Rookie

So I'm in the playoffs again... and my Rubio problems have gone away (he got injured). I've now got a new problem... JJ Barea has got it into his head that he's Lebron and drives into the paint every time only to get smashed by one of the 5 members of the opposing team who are in the paint. It wouldn't be so bad if there was only 1 defender in the paint... but he seems to only charge in when the entire team is in there.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #4440
Rookie

Just like someone said already, there are separate rhythm checks on everything you do. Ive hit shooting slumps, free throw slumps, passing slumps, dribbling slumps etc. Best way to get out of them is to just take extra care, pick your spots, play safe and simple. Its just as possible to get hot in any of those areas.

Edit: that said, I think momentum/rhythm should be severely toned down or removed altogether.

Last edited by b0ck3n; 04-17-2014 at 04:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »